EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 07-11-2011, 09:35 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Unhappy Cascade

I am using Vista and have tried at least 3 times to download the auto updating version for maps. Each time I get the maps to go to desktop and soon as I touch the file it starts to go crazy. A cacade of windows start to open and I cant stop it. It looks as if hundreds of windows are opening one after the other. I cant see what they are as it is happening way to fast so I wind up shuting down the computer with the power switch.

I'm not very computer savvy and am not sure what is going on here or if I did something wrong. I was told that it installs to the correct folder/file on its own and I dont have to do anything but download it. When I called SOE about another problem I mentioned this and the tech said it was frying my video card. Good thing I havent tried downloading these maps on my other computer. All I know is I still dont have any maps. I never had a problem downloading maps for EQ1 but EQ2 is another story.

Do you know how hard it is getting around or doing a quest with maps not yet explored. After playing EQ1 for over 11 yrs I moved to EQ2 Extended and love the game but am now getting very frustrated trying to get around with no real maps. Its like walking in a maze in the dark. I keep running into the walls. I NEED HELP PLEASE!! /beg
Thank you for your help. /not worthy
Unread 07-12-2011, 04:47 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

1. The SOE tech was talking nonsense (and I have a very hard time to believe he actually said that in relation to EQ2MAP and not the other problem you mentioned).

2. Make sure you downloaded the official EQ2MAP updater from here: http://www.eq2interface.com/download...nOfficial.html. Alternatively you can use Landiin's EQ2MAP updater here: http://www.eq2interface.com/downloads/info4879.html

3. Neither of the two updaters above will spam any windows. If you keep seeing them it's something else on your computer that's causing that. In that case a screenshot of said windows would help us help you.
Unread 07-13-2011, 10:05 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

That is what he told me. My other problems were account issues. He also told me that "they" dont support outside maps. This cascade is happening on my desktop where I put the maps. It happens when I try to extract them. I wound up deleting them as it was obvious something was wrong. Btw the video card on that computer seems just fine so either the SOE tech guy didnt understand what I was describing or he just didnt know what he was talking about. IF this 'cascade' happens again how do I take a screenshot of my desktop?

I am now trying to create the eq2.ini. I got through the first 2 steps just fine now Im stuck at creating the actual Eq2.ini file. I dont know where I am supose to be at when I am supose to navigate to C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II. I UNCHECKED the "Hide extensions for known file types" then clicked Apply then Ok but where do I go from there? How do I get the window up that is being shown in the FAQ install instructions? It doesnt say how to get to the window shown.

TYVM again for your time and help with this issue. /bow
Unread 07-14-2011, 06:35 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The updater will create the eq2.ini for you where necessary.

As to a screenshot, hit the Print Screen button on your keyboard, open an image editing program of your choice (Start Menu->Run->"mspaint" will do), upload it as an attachment here. But if you download one of the updaters from the links above you should not have any troubles.

Last edited by gm9 : 07-14-2011 at 06:38 AM.