EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 03-10-2008, 07:30 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default casting bubble

I have somehow turned off my casting bubble. I can't figure out how to turn it back on. Anyone know off hand where I look?

Zoo
Unread 03-11-2008, 01:05 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

I believe Alt + S will bring back the casting bubble/meter.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 03-11-2008, 08:39 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Default casting bubble

Nope, that doesn't do it. I would have thought it would be called spell bubble or casting bubble in the user options. I have not been able to find it.

Thanks,
Zoo
Unread 03-12-2008, 02:16 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Well, unless someone can chime in with the answer, I'd try all the "Alt + <KEY>" combinations (do each of them twice at a time just to reset the condition of that particular window).

Or another thing you might try is to cycle through the F10 settings (which has three different visibility settings for the UI). The first (which is commonly used by default) takes all custom transparency/opacity settings into consideration. The second turns off all custom settings and show all windows that are normally visible at all times (certain ones like persona, knowledge book, casting bar/bubble, etc that can be either opened/closed on demand or only show when certain requirements are met won't unless you do what you need to do to make them appear). The third one disables the UI altogether.

Try toggling the second F10 display setting and cast a spell to see if the window appears. If it does, then you must've somehow tweaked its transparency/opacity settings (via right clicking on the window and selecting Window Options).

If neither of those routes work, the window may have been moved off screen somehow. You can either go into the UI section of the games options and select/deslect the option which controls the windows' ability to be moved off screen or you can back up your UI settings file (<SERVER>_<CHARACTER>_eq2_uisettings.ini found in your base EQ2 directory) and create a new one which should also remedy your issue in the long run.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 03-13-2008, 09:50 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default thanks

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I did something somewhere and noting tried worked. I ended up deleting all of my character files, UI files, cache files, key board files, default files, and anything else that looked like it might work. I then copied some files from my main computer (never have troubles with the bubble) and reinstalled ThorUI. Something did the trick. It wasn't in the Thor UI because I had tried that before

I am back to seeing when I am casting/harvesting again. It was difficult because some times the toon animation just doesn't match the actual action and I would move before the action was complete. It was annoying until I missed a step in a HQ and had to run back to click on something. I two box and just missed that both toons had completed that step.

I think being on a keyboard and utilizing fewer keys might have been part of the issue but I am not sure. I just know that I am once again a happy camper.

Zoo

PS: a little ticked that the servers are down, planned on doing a little of an HQ before heading to work.