EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 08-08-2007, 07:30 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

how often does the info center have updates?
Unread 08-08-2007, 08:42 PM
A Grassland Beetle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBurgdorf View Post
So if someone in the meantime wants to provide me with updates to at least some of the pages affected by recent GUs -- the zone list, the racial traits list, the furniture list, the house location and price list, etc. -- I'll be happy to incorporate them into an interim update, pending my own return to the game and more careful look at what's new and changed.

-- Darryl
RL always comes first - hope whatever's keeping you busy is also treating you well!

I've been sending you updates to the TIWIKE - just the sections changed, though. Do you want complete .txt files, or are the updates fine?
Unread 09-15-2007, 08:26 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Question Infocenter Hotkey

Is there a hotkey to open/close the Infocenter window? I looked in the key bindings, but didn't see it there. I also tried looking through a few files related to key bindings in the game subdirectories. Am I just overlooking it? At present I have to click the EQ2 button and select infocenter every time.
Unread 09-15-2007, 08:32 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyLT View Post
Is there a hotkey to open/close the Infocenter window? .... At present I have to click the EQ2 button and select infocenter every time.
The other option is to create a macro and put it on your hotbar. Personally, I just use the EQ2 button, myself.

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)
Unread 10-10-2007, 01:37 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Everfrost
Send a message via AIM to Ghostwall
Post A question about modding your mod

First off let me just say that I love your Infocenter. I've been using it for quite some time now and it's been very useful.

I recall doing a quest with my guildies (I think it was probably the Speak as a Dragon quest) a long time ago and my guildmasters wife asked me how I had all the information so readily. I told her about your infocenter and the next thing I knew it was linked on the guild website and suggested to be mandatory for all leaders and officers.

Ok, on to my point. Since it seems that you no longer have an interest in updating the quest walkthroughs (no offense intended.. just stating it) I was wondering if you could expalin to me how to update them myself. Yes, I know how to change the notes sections. However, I was wanting to be able to update the quest walkthroughs you already have buttons for. There were several Signature quests and of course the SOD questline that did not have walkthroughs in place as of your last update and my guildies are starting to push on to those quests. I think they are trying to get most people through them before the Kunark expansion comes out.

Activating the buttons was easy and I made text files with the information in them. However, when I tried to use the infocenter in game there was no info in the text box when I'd click on the appropriate button. In my attempt to fix this I altered the signaturewt.xml file but then the infocenter simply wouldn't work at all. I don't make mods but I do understand programming.. not that there is any real coding involved here . I'm sure I could probably figure this out eventually but you could save me some time.

Thanks in advance,
Ghostwall 70 Ranger/Carpenter
Everfrost
Officer, Champions of Norrath

Oh yeah, I also edited the eq2_signaturewt_box.xml file
Attached Files
File Type: xml signaturewt.xml (5.3 KB, 741 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_signaturewt_box.xml (4.8 KB, 776 views)

Last edited by Ghostwall : 10-10-2007 at 01:21 PM. Reason: added info
Unread 11-04-2007, 06:01 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Wynd Send a message via Yahoo to Wynd

Just wanted to say .... I sure miss you ...
I too have been away since January ...
accts still active ... hubby gets on occasionally ...
But have been in a few times in the last couple days ...
Wanted to let you know .... your work is still irreplacable to me ...
Hope things are ok with you and yours .... and look forward to your
return to our little world ...
hope the time off has been enjoyable
Unread 11-06-2007, 03:30 PM
A Brown Bear

Has this been abandoned? Haven't seen an official download since July 07
Unread 11-06-2007, 04:13 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Guk
Default added info not showing up

Added some information but it's not showing up.. although i got the buttons to work. heres a link to the original post

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=9371
Unread 11-17-2007, 10:01 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Arrow InfoCenter updated

Get an updated version here. I did my best, but would be great if someone could fill in the missing blanks. Placeholder files are already there, you just have to type in the information and post the files here.
Unread 11-25-2007, 03:08 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Kithicor
Send a message via AIM to JoxsTrapp Send a message via Yahoo to JoxsTrapp
Default Where's Neriak Info?

Awesome mod, I love it. I just have one question for you though....

Where's all the info for Neriak? No writs, etc.
Unread 11-25-2007, 12:23 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoxsTrapp View Post
Where's all the info for Neriak? No writs, etc.
I'm guessing that information is one of the 'missing blanks' gm9 referred to in his post prior to yours.

I have a feeling that this mod has now become a community effort (or at least it is temporarily, until someone else is willing to take it over), as the original author (Milquetowst) no longer plays and gm9 doesn't play either (even though he still manages to keep his UI up to date (btw, big kudos to you, man!! I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have the desire to maintain something for a game I don't play anymore! )). So if you want the Neriak stuff added, I'd suggest you do the necessary research and get it to gm9 so he can add it.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 11-25-2007, 01:23 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Over in my UI thread, I recently mentioned that I am working on a new version that I plan to continue to update, keep clean, and make it easy to update in the future.

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...7&postcount=80

Currently an active player who recently got back into the game. So, some of the info I'm still learning, but I plan to have a compilation soon.
Unread 12-14-2007, 01:52 PM
A Griffon

I just wanted to say "thanks" to those who are working to update the Info Center. I've recently finally gotten back into the game again, but what with a busier-than-before schedule, as well as an unfortunate need now to share the gaming computer (since one of the memory slots on my own computer's motherboard fried) with other family members, well, I don't see myself having the time to pick this up again in the forseeable future.

I will be updating my exp bar soon, since it doesn't currently handle three-digit AP counts, but that's a pretty simple fix.

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)
Unread 12-15-2007, 07:52 PM
A Brown Bear

YAAAYYYY to the 3 digit AA xp bar!!!!
Unread 02-06-2008, 10:23 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default update info for u....

i have the names of the T5 kelethin writs you are missing

house of falling stars

43 -- Geonachn Rumblers
46 -- Large Yellow Recluses

order of arcane

43 -- Collection Prognosticators

protectors of growth

43 -- clockwork Disassemblers

sylvan hunters

43 -- Bloodhorn enslavers

hope this helps you in updating it.
Unread 05-04-2008, 02:59 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Requesting help please.

Hello Everyone,

I am a resonably intelligent girl - in most cases. However, anything remotely close to programing and/or software, has me confounded.

I think followed the instructions by the letter to install the "info center", but I gather that what I think and what is fact are two different things. I can not get the info center to show up on my UI.

I am returning to the game after more than a year and I thought I remembered there having to be a macro I had to use or some such. Still, I am not certain if I don't have the macro or I just did not install it correctly.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

Dion
Unrest
Unread 05-04-2008, 07:31 PM
A Griffon

Keilana55: Are you using a custom UI (Fetish, ProfitUI, etc.)? If so, did you extract the infocenter files to that UI's directory? If not (i.e. you are using the default UI), did you extract the files to their own UI directory and set up the eq2.ini file to point to it (as shown here)?

Unread 05-06-2008, 09:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Installing the info center

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowProwler420 View Post
Keilana55: Are you using a custom UI (Fetish, ProfitUI, etc.)? If so, did you extract the infocenter files to that UI's directory? If not (i.e. you are using the default UI), did you extract the files to their own UI directory and set up the eq2.ini file to point to it (as shown here)?
Thanks for responding back to me. I am using the default. I thought I did it according to those directions, but I will uninstall everything and redownload it and try it again.

Many thanks!

Keilana
Xeth
Unread 05-07-2008, 08:22 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keilana55 View Post
I am returning to the game after more than a year and I thought I remembered there having to be a macro I had to use or some such. Still, I am not certain if I don't have the macro or I just did not install it correctly.
The command to open the infocenter window is "/show_window Journals.InfoCenter", which you can either manually type it into the chat window each time you want to see it (if you're a glutton for punishment like me ) or make a macro for it.

I've been out of the game long enough that I don't quite remember if there's anything special you need in the macro other than that command.

Unread 05-07-2008, 01:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

He has not updated the infocenter in a long time. ProfitUI incorprates a version of it that is more up to date. Also one of the last updates done by
him added the infocenter to the start menu so u dont need a macro or to
key the command, if u press the eq2 button it should the first choice on the
list.
Unread 05-07-2008, 03:03 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansherrill View Post
He has not updated the infocenter in a long time. ProfitUI incorprates a version of it that is more up to date.
I posted a more up to date version as a patch to the InfoCenter download a while ago, and lodrelhai is keeping the TIWIKIE part of it even more up to date with another patch.

That updated version from me is however comprised in a new download from Drumstix42. His InfoCenter is mostly similar to the old one, but he did a lot of work regarding the coding, so it should be much faster than the old one and I recommend that you use his instead of my patch to Milquetowst download.

While ProfitUI's version is the most up to date it's not completely compatible with either of the two above anymore (it is based on Drumstix42' code which has been tweaked some). However, Drumstix said he was going to keep his version up to date so hopefully there will be an update soon.

However, for any of the three versions goes: If info is missing, please someone submit it.
Unread 05-07-2008, 10:38 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Yes. Semester is almost over. I haven't been slacking