Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 04-22-2006, 11:19 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino32
Im new to this UI stuff....I have no idea how to set it as my default UI so i can use it....lol any help would be nice
When you update next, this will not be an issue, just press yes, yes and save

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeromier
Hello again,

I've made a discovery with regards to this problem... When you're in the AUCP and add the info into those tabs, upon closing the AUCP, the files 'aucp_QuickCharSwitch' and 'aucp_notes' get updated in the 'user_settings' folder. (I've verified this with notepad). BUT... when you open the AUCP again, the files get re-written back to DEFAULT and the saved info is gone.

Now, I've even made a copy of the updated files and overwrote the 'sb_buttons' file inside the 'QuickLog' folder & the 'un_notes' file inside the 'Notes' folder.

So, in the end after all is said and done, with the files 'aucp_QuickCharSwitch', 'sb_buttons', 'un_notes', and 'aucp_notes' all having the updated info that I want in them... when I run the AUCP, all files get rewritten with the default info and my settings are all gone.

On a different note: I love the way you've done the 'TARGET' and 'implied target' now.
Make sure aucp_QuickCharSwitch and aucp_notes are include in the Exclude list. sb_buttons.xml and sb_notes.xml are no longer use.
Unread 04-23-2006, 12:01 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
Not sure about all them, the only ones I ever mess with is the DXt1 ARGB one and I always have no MIP Maps dotted because I don't think the game uses mibs in the UI. The rest I never use or change from when I installed the plugin.
Ok so here is the Deal.... I took your template and made it look like the first Pic below, then I saved it with the setting in the second pic below, and finaly a screenshot of what my game looks like afterwards..... not sure why I cant seem to get this right heh.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	background_template-blue.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	4859  Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	4860  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000011.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	4861  
Unread 04-23-2006, 12:39 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daarrheel
Ok so here is the Deal.... I took your template and made it look like the first Pic below, then I saved it with the setting in the second pic below, and finaly a screenshot of what my game looks like afterwards..... not sure why I cant seem to get this right heh.
From the looks of your 1st pic, it looks like you gave the image a back ground.

You need to use the magic select wand and select only the areas inside the lines to fill. Use shift to select more then one area. Then Fill each area with you pattern or what not. The from the file menu select save as and pick .dds use the same settings you did and it should be good. That's the way I do it any ways.

Here is a SS of my PS when I am just about to save a background.

Last edited by Landiin : 04-23-2006 at 12:45 AM.
Unread 04-23-2006, 02:46 AM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper
Still having trouble getting char selects to save also the notes too will not save..
For me, the names save just fine in AUCP (I just added them in, no idea why it's not saving for you guys) but when I click on the quick character switch button in game, there's no characters listed :-/
Unread 04-23-2006, 06:09 AM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhi
For me, the names save just fine in AUCP (I just added them in, no idea why it's not saving for you guys) but when I click on the quick character switch button in game, there's no characters listed :-/
Nevrmind, working great now, thanks!
Unread 04-23-2006, 09:52 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Permafrost

OK, I added aucp_Notes.xml and aucp_QuickCharSwitch.xml both in the eXtreme\user_settings folder to my Excluded file list, seems to be saving now for me.. Just a FYI
Unread 04-23-2006, 09:41 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Missing window?

I have been using this UI forever and realized I haven't gotten the Level up Plus sign in about 20+ levels now. I am guessing you use the default one and maybe I am missing it or something? I tried turning all Extremem UI windows see through to see if it was hidden but did not see it anywhere. Loaded default UI, still nothing. Any Ideas?

Heater
Unread 04-23-2006, 10:22 PM
Gno Gno Gnadget Gnome
Premium Member

Server: Blackburrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by heater4768
I have been using this UI forever and realized I haven't gotten the Level up Plus sign in about 20+ levels now. I am guessing you use the default one and maybe I am missing it or something? I tried turning all Extremem UI windows see through to see if it was hidden but did not see it anywhere. Loaded default UI, still nothing. Any Ideas?

Heater
The + sign likes to hide in the bottom right hand corner of the screen behind the spell hot boxes .. move the background thats behind the hot boxes up and you should see it
Unread 04-24-2006, 12:59 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper
OK, I added aucp_Notes.xml and aucp_QuickCharSwitch.xml both in the eXtreme\user_settings folder to my Excluded file list, seems to be saving now for me.. Just a FYI
That is correct. If you don't add them files to the excluded files list they will be updated every time the ui updates. I'll add some code that will auto add them to the exclude file list if they are changed.
Unread 04-24-2006, 01:39 AM
A Brown Bear

Default Missing PLUS

I moved the lower right corner stuff too. Even switched to default UI, and clean install if Extreme, and A full file scan on load. Still no plus sign, so now I wait for my petition ticket answer. Thanks for the suggestion though, any others are appreciated while I wait.

Heater
Unread 04-24-2006, 10:04 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by heater4768
I moved the lower right corner stuff too. Even switched to default UI, and clean install if Extreme, and A full file scan on load. Still no plus sign, so now I wait for my petition ticket answer. Thanks for the suggestion though, any others are appreciated while I wait.

Heater
It could of got pushed off screen some how maybe. In options ( somewhere ) there is a button you can press to reset the default pos for all UI windows. Do that and see if shows up. That's is the only other thing I can think of to help you out.
Unread 04-24-2006, 04:26 PM
A Coastal Crab

Question /loadui prob

hi.. i have a problem..
when i type /loadui and select you UI
my game crashes..would this be resulting from resolution?
Unread 04-25-2006, 06:18 AM
A Griffawn

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eikcuhc
hi.. i have a problem..
I am pretty sure this is a Sony/Eq2 error and not a UI error. Just remove your current uisettings file(after backing it up) from your Eq2 directory and then open the auto updater, and re-setup your uisettings.
Unread 04-25-2006, 11:08 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eikcuhc
hi.. i have a problem..
sammeria is correct the /loadui command is verry bugged and one shouldn't use it. Even if it dosn't crash EQ it resets every window to the games default and wipes out all current data to the UI.

In order to use eXtreme you need to let AUCP donwload/update the UI to current and set it up, that includes makeing it the default UI. Once AUCP sets the UI up as your default UI, you then should goto char config and configure your UI setting file.

Last edited by Landiin : 04-25-2006 at 11:10 AM.
Unread 04-25-2006, 12:23 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Whats wrong with this thing???

Hey i tried downloading and installing this UI on my computer, well the download was sucessful. But whenever it loads eXtreme AUCP the download in there only gets to 44% and it stops. This is the third time this has happened and it has stopped at 44% every time. Please help!
Unread 04-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenobias
Hey i tried downloading and installing this UI on my computer, well the download was sucessful. But whenever it loads eXtreme AUCP the download in there only gets to 44% and it stops. This is the third time this has happened and it has stopped at 44% every time. Please help!
what file is it trying to get at 44%? If it stops X out of it and restart it again. It will pick up where it left off.
Unread 04-28-2006, 01:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Faydark
Exclamation Problem downloading latest version

AUCP stops downloading at 15/139 files and sits there looking at me, is there a problem with the server on 71.41.164.1 ?? is there an alt ? Is there a standalone zip download ??

Help Plz I need to update this superb bit of software I am totally hooked on it .
Unread 04-28-2006, 04:05 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Vox

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruggenbill25
AUCP stops downloading at 15/139 files and sits there looking at me, is there a problem with the server on 71.41.164.1 ?? is there an alt ? Is there a standalone zip download ??

Help Plz I need to update this superb bit of software I am totally hooked on it .
Nope, The server is performing just fine. You may want to try to run the AUCP again.
Unread 04-28-2006, 09:15 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruggenbill25

If it seems to timeout just close out of the AUCP and Restart it. In the next update I added code to try a second time if it times out and if it fails on the 2nd attempt it'll tell you and let you use the main menu item to start the update again.
Unread 04-28-2006, 10:32 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

never mind

Last edited by Sodami : 04-28-2006 at 10:50 PM.
Unread 05-02-2006, 11:33 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Butcherblock

Ok I have a silly question but how do you put in your guild logo for the zoneing page??
Unread 05-02-2006, 02:18 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maafia
Ok I have a silly question but how do you put in your guild logo for the zoneing page??
\UI\eXtreme\user_settings\images\guildlogo.dds is the file you want to replace.
Unread 05-02-2006, 02:23 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

There is a bug in the select Char drop down where if you have more then one account it will not list the char in the selected account.

Don't select <select account> untill the next update or EQ2 will bomb out. If you do happen to selected it, go to settings->ui->client config and look at eq2recent.ini and chenge cl_allowautoplay 1 to cl_allowautoplay 0. Once you see the Loader patch AUCP.exe this issue will be gone and you will be free to select accounts.
Unread 05-03-2006, 07:35 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Taget/Implied window 1280x1024

heyas just wanted to say i love the new window but have 1 small issue, if i line the window up with the bottom Hud i noticed it sorta overlaps and i cant see the buffs/effects on the target window because i get a move cursur right where the buffs are if i move the target window up about an inch all is good i have tryed resizing bottom Hud and playing with window settings but dosnt seem to matter what i do it still overlaps

any adivce?

BTW long time no talk Toran
Unread 05-03-2006, 09:49 PM
Gno Gno Gnadget Gnome
Premium Member

Server: Blackburrow

As far as I can tell I'm running the lastest version of the UI

I play a 70 templar and I have all the single cures but the only ones that fire off when I click the effect is myself and the 1st person in the group .. the F2 position . The other positions do not fire of the cure spell when I click on their icons.

Is it just me?? Or is it a bigger issue??

Edit: After playing some more this is what I found out

The casting of the cure spell on group members F3-F6 don't cast unless I hit the F2 member then the cure fires off as if it is queued but only on the F2 member. Doesn't matter what cure it is.

Also getting spam some times that it can't find other cures like Arcane aid and the other class cures when I click on where a effect iconholder is but no effect is present.

On myself the the space next to Cure noxoius icon is casting a large single heal: Greater Restoration on myself {see below} and the cures isn't casting on myself but its hitting the who I have targeted. They will cure me if I have no one targeted. The spell Greater Restoration I do not have up on my hotbars as its a grey spell to me

Self bar |Trauma|Arcane|Noxious|Single Heal|Elemental| Somewhere in between the Nox and the elem I can hit the blank area for my large single heal

Thanks

Last edited by Raesoth : 05-03-2006 at 11:55 PM.