EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 10-19-2005, 08:46 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Unhappy ok this is going to sound weird...

when i started the program today, it downloaded a ton of map updates, which i thought was cool because i love the new PoIs that pop up from time to time. But, im adventuring in nek forest, and i discovered ALOT of my PoIs are now gone! was this intentional? is something wrong with my program? I went on the site and saw that alot of those PoIs i used to see are also gone. I cant seem to find the "cauldron" whatever that is anymore and i think i just got the key to get it open (the witch key quest off some weird key i found in nek forest.) please help!

Von
Unread 10-19-2005, 10:03 PM
A Coastal Crab

I noticed the exact same thing. I was trying to go into FP, I'm from Qey, and the icons that say where the ladders go are gone! I was lost for a long time lol
Unread 10-20-2005, 12:47 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

It's not just you - someone may have decided to play sabotage on the site or something - we have a backup of much of the data, so we should be good.
Unread 10-21-2005, 09:46 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Thieves Way icons gone

For some reason most of the Thieves Way icons seem to have been deleted since the last patch. Sorry if this has been posted already, didn't see it.
Unread 10-22-2005, 10:12 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Phew, I just decided to upgrade from version 0.97 ( I think) to the current version, and when I got into the game I found that all the pois where missing. Ironic, since I did the upgrade since I wasn't able to initiate the old version anymore (got an error message) and I really wanted help with the halloween stuff - now I don't have anything, lol. There must be a lesson to be learned here somewhere, but I'm too tired to see it now...

Glad to see I'm not the only one so the bad is not on my side
Unread 10-22-2005, 10:17 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

There may be some missing POI's but 99% should still be there. They are for me... So if your missing all of them there is something wrong with your install.

Last edited by Dolby : 10-22-2005 at 10:20 AM.
Unread 10-23-2005, 05:27 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Well, I later found out I have quite a few of the old ones still. I was in The Down Below when I logged in and there all info is pretty much gone including the yellow circles that shows you where you zone to. In Anton most info was still there.
Unread 10-23-2005, 05:53 AM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby
There may be some missing POI's but 99% should still be there. They are for me... So if your missing all of them there is something wrong with your install.
Not so much...

Many of the zone POIs in Thieves Way and the Down Below and other sewer maps are gone, such as the ones for East Freeport, North Freeport, etc in TW.
Unread 10-23-2005, 07:18 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Hmm those zones still have a ton of POI's in the database. Must be something with the xml. I'll see if I can grab a backup of that zone xml some where or write a little mini script to rebuild those files.

Last edited by Dolby : 10-23-2005 at 07:29 AM.
Unread 10-23-2005, 11:44 AM
A Grove Wisp

Yep, there are a bunch of zones like that all of a sudden. I can attest to both the Freeport and Qeynos sewers missing all their exits. Oh and I was just in Baubbleshire and there was 1 POI on the whole map.
Unread 10-23-2005, 11:49 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Well keep listing the zones that have a bunch missing. I'll work on restoring them later tonight because all the zones I've been to have a ton of poi's but I dont visit the city's or lower lvl zones all to often.
Unread 10-23-2005, 12:18 PM
A Griffawn

Default Missing POI's

Add EL to the list. I could have sworn that the Barnacled Chest was once a POI on the map, but today it was not there. Took quite some time for me to find it as I have not looked for it in months, LOL.

Drunador
Unread 10-23-2005, 12:23 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby
Well keep listing the zones that have a bunch missing. I'll work on restoring them later tonight because all the zones I've been to have a ton of poi's but I dont visit the city's or lower lvl zones all to often.
The website will be back up in a couple weeks so zones missing one or two poi's I'm not going to try and find backups for that may be missing more poi's because they are a week old.

Last edited by Dolby : 10-23-2005 at 12:26 PM.
Unread 10-23-2005, 01:32 PM
A Brown Bear

Glad i'm not the only one who noticed this, the exits are not marked and the PoI either.

WOW, didnt realise how much i'd miss those till they werent there, any chance of a update on this?

Also serpent sewer is gone as well and maybe the other sewers in FP, aint checked yet.
Unread 10-23-2005, 01:54 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Ok I restored the poi files back to what was there the morning of the 19th. Let me know if that works better. The zones you listed had alot more POI's in these files.

btw once we are done with the new site this wont matter since the site will re-generate all the files from the database. Thats what had me confused because all the zones you guys list having trouble are fine in the database.

Last edited by Dolby : 10-23-2005 at 02:01 PM.
Unread 10-23-2005, 05:56 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

First I must say a huge thank you to all that have worked on and contributed to EQ2MAPS. It has been the best thing to happen to EQ2. I love this mod. Thank you all.

I have this same problem. Alot of things are missing. The down below shows none of the zone out areas. NQ, SQ, Eldar Grove or Harbor. I alos lists very few mobs.
Unread 10-23-2005, 08:06 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Just get a good group mate and drink loads of red wine, hit follow and autoattack now and again and you dont need no maps hehehe.... Seem's to work for me lol .... Just make sure you got COO or COQ up before you you either camp or get kicked from the group lol
Unread 10-24-2005, 09:19 AM
A Coastal Crab

Noticed that Thieves Way was missing all the zone outs and a ton more of what used to show up down there. Haven't logged in today yet after it downloaded 70+ files... so hopefully this is fixed. Would be sad if someone had intentionally screwed with the POI's to make em not show