EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 09-14-2010, 11:57 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Start Menu not working since last patch

Hi,

Since the patch that went in this morning, I cannot get the Start Menu to come up. All that seems to happen is that the XP window briefly disappears until I move my mouse. It was working yesterday, and I have not made any changes to DrumsUI recently. (I'm on the current version)

Is this happening to anyone else?
I've tried moving the stats bar all over the screen, but the start menu just won't work.

I also tried removing the entry in the character's UI settings xml file for the start menu.
When I logged back in, it briefly appeared the first time I clicked, but now it won't come back up.

Last edited by Goaldan : 09-14-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Unread 09-14-2010, 12:04 PM
A Forest Scavenger

I renamed the xp window xml to disable the DrumsUI version.
Now I can get the start menu to come up with the xp window/start button combo window from the default ui. Still not sure what's going on there.
Unread 09-14-2010, 12:59 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Beta 1

yep I am having the same problem with windows 7 and xp
Unread 09-14-2010, 01:56 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binek View Post
yep I am having the same problem with windows 7 and xp
They unchecked the checkbox to bring up start menu with escape key etc and removed the ability to use alt ~ to bring up the start button. You have to use /show_window MainHUD.StartButton in order to display the button and have to recheck escape brings up start menu in options controls.
Unread 09-14-2010, 07:15 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
They unchecked the checkbox to bring up start menu with escape key etc and removed the ability to use alt ~ to bring up the start button. You have to use /show_window MainHUD.StartButton in order to display the button and have to recheck escape brings up start menu in options controls.
Well, I can re-check the Escape thing, but the /show_window thing does nothing useful as my start button is already there. What is missing is the ability to use a mouse click to bring up the menu (reliably...it works..sometimes). More often that not, the XP bar just disappeares until I move the mouse and that is all. Sony changed something ... but what I do not know.
Unread 09-14-2010, 08:56 PM
A Dragoon Sith

Server: Oasis
Send a message via MSN to DiggityMan
Thumbs Up Temp Fix for Start MENU not showing on click

OK go to your options menu (alt+o since you cant get to your options thru the start menu) This is going to bind a key to open the Game Menu so you can see the options till a fix is found out or what is wrong in the UI.

1. Navigate to Controls > Expand the "Window Keys" Section > Scroll down to "Game Menu"

2. Since ESC is bound to cast cancel, etc... i did Shift+ESC since this is bound to nothing by default

I am still looking into what is wrong i am not a mod nor a Dev just a computer programmer that knows a bit about XML i will post and submit a fix if found. Hope this helps you guys till a Fix is found or made.

Unread 09-14-2010, 10:33 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Apparently they either put the old functionality back, or broke something else, as my "Menu" button was changed to force the menu window itself to open.

I'll look into this and fix it, as it's also broken for me
Unread 09-15-2010, 02:28 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Storms

I have the same problem with the default start button (http://www.eq2interface.com/download...artButton.html). If you could post here what to change when you fix yours, I would love it

(btw, thanks for your mods, I use a lot of them as they make me gain a lot of space on my small resolution screen)

Last edited by Llogwey : 09-15-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Unread 09-15-2010, 03:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conandar View Post
Well, I can re-check the Escape thing, but the /show_window thing does nothing useful as my start button is already there. What is missing is the ability to use a mouse click to bring up the menu (reliably...it works..sometimes). More often that not, the XP bar just disappeares until I move the mouse and that is all. Sony changed something ... but what I do not know.
Well My Drums ui was working Fine.... I wasw having another issue with my chat settings not saving.. I downloaed the New version of Drums.. and Now I am have this exact same issue.. When i click the Menu button on the Top Bar... it makes my exp bar disappear..

But on a Plus note i fixed my Chat problem

I donot have the older veriosn on my computer anymore and If i recall it was the 1.13 version maybe will try and double check
Unread 09-23-2010, 03:26 AM
A Brown Bear

Same problem here, Vista 32 bit

sept 23rd, issue still there

any patch in work ?

I love to use the Drums UI, so thanks to everybody who was involved in creating this nice UI

Regards

Adama (Server Innovation)
Unread 09-24-2010, 12:48 PM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

Any update on this yet ??

I guess everyone is missing the button, and I know that for me its getting a little irritating

Thanks in advance
Unread 09-25-2010, 12:47 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Yep, sorry guys. I'll try to fix it this evening and upload it. Just been busy and forgetful since I hardly ever use the Menu button.
Unread 09-26-2010, 06:38 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Full Interface, Updater, and individual download page for the Start window stat bar have been updated.
Unread 09-27-2010, 02:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Very nice UI, thanks for fixing it. I do have one question though.
Why is the start menu attached to the experience bar and not the menu button?
Unread 09-27-2010, 02:52 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaedra View Post
Very nice UI, thanks for fixing it. I do have one question though.
Why is the start menu attached to the experience bar and not the menu button?
This is because of the default UI coding changes. The start menu position is a hard-coded part of the UI in where it shows up. I tried doing position code for when it pops up, but it seems to be a bit picky. I'll experiment in the future when I have more spare time
Unread 10-03-2010, 05:15 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Storms

What was the problem please?
Unread 10-03-2010, 03:11 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I just had to unfix it. Put back the standard start button element. It'll open the start menu like it did pre-GU57. But like I said, the menu will open from where ever the XP bar is located.