EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 03-03-2010, 02:54 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Guk
Default Map POI's for DrumsUI

I have always used Profit and liked the look of DrumsUI and decided to give it a try last night. I love it! My one and only gripe is the map POIs. They are not easy to see and the symbols/icons are not satisfactory. I read the instructions on how to delete the files from the images folder that would roll things back to the default map..may give that a try. Is it possible to use Profit's map system for my maps and keep everything else like it is? That would be awesome. Someone let me know. I really like DrumsUI and want to keep it.
Unread 03-03-2010, 04:25 PM
A Griffawn

Server: Runnyeye

I sort of agree. Some icons are huge while others are tiny. Pain in the rearside to get a clear image of your surroundings.
Unread 03-03-2010, 05:56 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Yeah.. some of them were shrunk down, others are default. They're an edited version of a the map POI skin pack that gurkoz released.
As said, feel free to delete the images in the /images/ and /images/icons/ folders, as well as the _Skinnable_POI_Icons.xml file in the /eq2map2/ folder.

All DrumsUI-specific images are kept in the /DrumsUI/images/ folder so you don't have to worry about deleting anything by accident.
If you use the Updater, be sure to add all those files to the ignore list.

Cheers.
Unread 03-03-2010, 10:40 PM
A Brown Bear

I tried removing the necessary files including the skinnable POI file. I get a map with no POIs. I don't know...I have tried a lot of different things and I am getting no luck. NO offense...the UI is great...the POI's on the map...well, use your imagination. I love the UI but there should have been a better setup for the map and its POIs. I will probably go back to profit. I just can't deal with the map system with this. Sorry
Unread 03-03-2010, 11:38 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaman82 View Post
I tried removing the necessary files including the skinnable POI file. I get a map with no POIs. I don't know...I have tried a lot of different things and I am getting no luck. NO offense...the UI is great...the POI's on the map...well, use your imagination. I love the UI but there should have been a better setup for the map and its POIs. I will probably go back to profit. I just can't deal with the map system with this. Sorry
After you remove those files, you need to patch through EQ2map. It should give you any missing image files (though it should just be using default really...)
I appreciate your feedback, but my UI doesn't not modify the map system in any way except for these custom images. Hope that helps!

If you're still having problems lemme know and I'll see if there is some other file causing default icons not to be used. I could always make the icons an "optional" part and not the default ones. It's all a work-in-progress

Cheers.

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 03-03-2010 at 11:46 PM.
Unread 03-04-2010, 10:14 AM
A Brown Bear

I will download AOL Instant Messenger and try to IM you and figure this out as I am doing it...might just need a little step-by-step guidance to get this figured out. I am on MSN/Windows messenger. Either way...just let me know which is best to get in contact with you (other than here) so I can get this straightened out. Thanks!
Unread 12-26-2013, 01:47 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Agreed

I as well love the Drums UI setup! Has made my game much more enjoyable! Thank you....However I as well just simply cant stand the MAP portion of it, and trying to no success to revert back to EQ2 Maps updater
Unread 12-26-2013, 11:06 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Read the sticky: http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=14637

I'll soon revert the map to default and make the icons an optional install.
Unread 01-02-2014, 11:49 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Much appreciated! Thanks....