Unread 04-27-2005, 03:30 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Toggle "alt+u"
Unread 04-27-2005, 03:41 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Alright, That's got everything, except for the target bar. The bar is supposed to be in the bottom middle spot between the red and green bars. But it's still missing.

Last edited by Saberj : 04-27-2005 at 03:45 PM.
Unread 04-27-2005, 04:11 PM
A Griffon

"alt+t"

Sorry to say but all this infomation is either in this thread or on the download page already...
Unread 04-27-2005, 04:13 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hey Laff, nice Ui and all, but it doesn't seem to be working on my screen. I have a 1280x1024 set-up, and when I download it as you say to, it loads up all crunched together, what do I do?
Unread 04-27-2005, 04:40 PM
A Coastal Crab

i cant get the implied target window to work at all, all i get is a thin bar with abosolutely nothing showing on it when i have a person selected and they are targetting a mob for me to assist...am i missing something here?
Unread 04-27-2005, 06:38 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duleras Night
Hey Laff, nice Ui and all, but it doesn't seem to be working on my screen. I have a 1280x1024 set-up, and when I download it as you say to, it loads up all crunched together, what do I do?
Use the server_character_eq2_uisettings(1200x1024).ini file found in the download and change it to your server / chars name and take out the (1200x1024) part

*EDIT* Are your refering to when you start the game or when you are playing it? .... As the UI loads up for the first time you start EQ windows are displayed in the default locations, But soon as the game processes your char settings file then they position correctly.... This mess to start with enables you to chat whilst zoneing and actualy speeds up zoneing times a little.

Quote:
i cant get the implied target window to work at all, all i get is a thin bar with abosolutely nothing showing on it when i have a person selected and they are targetting a mob for me to assist...am i missing something here?
Kool a new question at last

Could be a few reasons for this we start from the most simple,

Have you tried to move it up a bit? it may just be partialy covered by another window.

Have you been using another custom UI before this one? If so is that implied target window in the same spot it was with the other UI?

Are you using my char settings file?

Last edited by Laffs : 04-27-2005 at 06:42 PM.
Unread 04-27-2005, 07:08 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberj
Alright, so now I see an answer already posted. So I'll follow with another question. How do you get missing windows up? Looking at the screenshot, I'm missing quite a few, and don't know how to get them up. Like the ability to have Tradeskill and Adventure XP up at once. Also, the Mini-Item bar, the Vertical Power Bar, The Big Target Bar, The (CSM, Social, Map) bar, etc
"Frame and titlebars" and a combination of all the settings per window show/hide different features... There is a screenshot in the BottomV8 foler with the window info in there, granted its an old screenshot but you can still see and read what needs to be done
Unread 04-28-2005, 12:57 PM
A Griffon

Exclamation Hotbar Update!!!

Oks guys due to all the confusion over the hotbars I have redone them, It rather still looks the same but easier to use (I hope!)

1. Unzip file below and place in BottomV8 folder
2. Log in game
3. CLOSE ALL EXISTING HOTBARS!
4. Press "alt+h" to display 1 hotbar again (It should appear in its last location)
5. Right click on it and "unlock" move it to where you want it (notice there is no frame or titlebars anymore)
6. Right click on it again and "open new hotbar"
7. Repeat for all the hotbars you had / need

Clicking on the bank number toggles the "spell names" on/off
Clicking above / below the bank selector arrows toggles "Bank numbers" on/off Also clicking slightly above the top spell icons will do the same.

Now you all play nice with my hotbars and dont try to break them comprendi !

Hehe

Been working on a few other alt configurations of windows also not fully tested as yet....

And yes I do know the new top pet window dont work if it looses focus (just for those of you who are using that) I have fixed it but its not released as yet either...

Attached Files
File Type: zip eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.zip (2.4 KB, 227 views)
Unread 04-28-2005, 01:27 PM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Blackburrow
Default but! but! but!!!

Laffs! we love breaking them.. and we know you love us for breaking them because it causes you to put out the BEST thats out there hehe. and we love the UI.. Could I suggest something?

Your UI is Great, the support is great.
questions:

1) your hot bar fix, does this fix how they display when i have more than 3 up? ie the primary, secondary and tircary. (sp again argh) hehe

2) i like the way it all sets up, and how your new one looks (the neon is GREAT!) but of the 7 slots at the top of the UI, I'd like the original set up please?

3) and can we get a list of what each file affects, i'm still not good with the file names of eq2 just yet =) oh and lastly the implied target seems tonot be in the correct spot and has to be movedand looks exremely small compared what it used to be =)

thanks for the work again =)

Krylosis
Unread 04-28-2005, 02:11 PM
A Griffon

Yeh yeh soften me up then start requesting stuff

1. I am not sure 100% on what you mean, I dont think you can set any bar past the 3rd one (not even going to try and spell it lol) Maybe cause they couldnt come up with a name for it lol, it would have to be "quad" somthing i guess... But having more than 3 bars will still assign hotkeys for them.... (If this not what you mean send me a pm with more info on this)

2. 7 slots at top that was ammo and the 6 inv slots I thinks.. If you get the proper Perdition V8 download and Take out

eq2ui_mainhud_ammo.xml
eq2ui_journals_active.xml

And drop them into this version of the UI then you will have that config back again

3. Overall Implied target window size has not been changed at all, Just the infomation contained in it... In fact the health and power bars have been made deeper....I also noticed it wasnt lined up exact either but its no hardship to have to move it up a bit once ... Next time I have to redo the char settings file I will place it again.
Unread 04-28-2005, 03:27 PM
A Nerius Seer

Default hehehe

the hot bar issue was what i posted earlier (end of page two pasted here):

if I have my hot bars set up like this:

1 Primary
2 second
3 third

I log off then back on another time they end up like this:
1 (third)
3 (primary)
5 (Secondary)

does your mod stop this from happening?(you said you couldn't get it to stop doing this, i'm wondering if that's what you mean =)

thanks for the info on what windows to copy. and finally the implied target on my old perdition bottom V8 spans the target window. this one is about 1/2 the size right to left. =)

Also do you need the letterbox setting in your newest? =) and if one is to ask questions one must also at the same time make sure the person is praised enough to want to answer heh.

Krylosis.
hey i only ask simple stuff really...
Unread 04-28-2005, 03:33 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks Laffs, but that's not what I mean, when I load it up and am playing, the windows seem to be in the right place they 'would' be in, if it fit my screen. But once I get on, they all look big and are crunched together.
Unread 04-28-2005, 07:02 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duleras Night
Thanks Laffs, but that's not what I mean, when I load it up and am playing, the windows seem to be in the right place they 'would' be in, if it fit my screen. But once I get on, they all look big and are crunched together.
That sounds like somthing to do with the screen rez you have once in game make sure it is at 1280x1024 check your moniters settings as well, That can mess things up also, thats about all i can think of on that for now

Krylosis,

Oh yes I remember that question now lol,
And the answer is still I am damn sure its nothing to do with the mod, Funny thing is I have had 5 bars up on my test server char for about a week now whilst sizeing stuff etc and they have always seemed to hold there primary etc settings... Have a look for a file called "eq2ui_mainhud_hotkeysav.xml" I deleted the one I had on test as it was somhow giving me the wrong sizes.. and no I didnt loose all the positions of my spell icons when I did that..... Maybe just maybe that could be the problem ?

Sorry but if i cant reproduce any of the problems then I can only make a guess at how to fix them lol..... But if and when I do I will post the info / try to fix whatever is broken... I must say the redone hotbars work better than the last one's
Unread 04-28-2005, 07:22 PM
A Nerius Seer

Default cool thanks

hehe yea thanks laffs, i don't think that it's the UI i was just wondering if you've found a way tostop that, if i have only 3 bars it's good but after that when it loads... i'll ask soe perhaps hehe

Krylosis.
Unread 04-29-2005, 10:16 AM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

Ok, hope these aint silly requests! I love this UI and your own modding of it, so thanks!

I dont get the point of the char image on the exp bar, and seems to me that this is wasted space...

Would it be possible to mod in the start button here with 3 of the texty clicky buttons? Personally Id like the Shd on / off one from previous versions, mute and the journal one Ive seen knocking around. This would make better use of what is otherwise dead space, if the start button its self cant be put in there, s'fine, just the texty clickys.

Finally, the bit at the bottom with the power, health and now casting guages. I love your latest mod to this, but to my mind these elements have never been logically placed. Id prefer my personal power and health bars either side of my char info bit and the casting bar thingy moveable on its own which Id put on the right side at the right side of the target box. I want to be able to glance down and look at my info in one eyeball if you see what I mean.

I tried playing with the UI builder to do these but *ahem* ended up reinstalling /giggle
Unread 04-29-2005, 10:41 AM
A Griffon

Lol...

The "paperdoll" is in the exp window as it has been removed from the the Inv window..

The performance panel contains "shaders" on/off toggle on the same button

Quest Journal can be pulled up by double clicking on the "active quest" box

Gauges positions, yups I can see what your saying and thought about doing this also... BUT it left me with the problem of where to put the "casting text , inventory overflow, Equipment not attuned, Fizzeld and interrupted text" box ? On other mods that I first made for myself etc, I didnt have any of this info as I thought it was useless! but how wrong I was, I now find myself not saying "what the ....." so often now whilst casting or wondering why my new equipment aint working hehe..

I guess the text could go along the top of the target window but then that will push implied target up.... etc etc... one problem / change leads to another and so on.....

Anyways working on somemore buttons atm... also a switch for tradeskill exp and other "stuff"

Unread 04-29-2005, 11:04 AM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Beta 1

With the new mods you added the are a few problems that need to be looked at please =) ... All the notes should be explained in the attached image.
Thanks and keep up the great work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fixes.JPG
Views:	313
Size:	227.3 KB
ID:	2550  
Unread 04-29-2005, 11:24 AM
A Griffon

First off thanks for the praise,

Yellow box:

Make sure your using all the files in the "alt" folder the replacement clock one is missing for the moment. Check your opacitys also as the coin page is contained in the experience frame page.

Green box:

It is 2 rows deep, you just havent resized it down

Red Box:

RE: yellow box

Blue box:

Nice idea, But that would mean another preset configuration to add to Ger's parsing utility.... And more confusion over what config to use... So sorry nope

There maybe an update to these today "MAYBE" LOL

Last edited by Laffs : 04-29-2005 at 11:26 AM.
Unread 04-29-2005, 11:44 AM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Beta 1

Okay got the spells fixed
But the money is still sort of broken I think it has something to do with it not being over the main viewing area of the screen... (look at the hotkey bars in the black area they have no bg also?)

Attached is image again
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000001.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	300.1 KB
ID:	2551  
Unread 04-29-2005, 11:47 AM
A Griffon

Heh, figured it wouldnt be straight forward! By journal I dont mean the quest one btw, I mean the one with notes on, you get 10 pages of text you can edit yerself (I love that, got my spell lists, heritage info etc on em). Dont remember if this was from one of your previous ones or someone elses.

I dont use your inventory cos I like the default layout hehe, I still dont see why you want the paperdoll on display all the time!

Regarding the guages, would moving the power and casting ones (as you have em now) essentially around, remove the handly little box you put in with the text info on what you was casting?? Surely that answers your own question?

Anyhow, keep up the good work, I love this too!
Unread 04-29-2005, 01:03 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
I still dont see why you want the paperdoll on display all the time!
Simple coz I get sick of looking at just my ass all the time

The journal is in Goldi's mod, Not in any of mine...

As for the gauges it sounded like you wanted the casting one in where the power one is etc.... so you had Power,Health,Casting insted of Casting,Health,Power......... Nah if I switch them i'm going to end up dead everytime I play for at least 2 weeks as I am going to be looking thinking HUH!!..but I had loads of hea.....aw shoot thats the power gauge now
Unread 04-29-2005, 01:33 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
Simple coz I get sick of looking at just my ass all the time
Erm reroll a gnome then, cant get sick of looking at buns of steel! You'd die less too til you got used to your new postion for the power bar!

I could add in the journal meself tbh, if if I could figure out where it actually goes, I would be happy with just a template style of the exp section with 3 placeholders!

/plead
Unread 04-29-2005, 02:23 PM
A Griffon

Your 3 placeholders will be
1. None - Contains the top exp page with paperdoll
2. Frame - Exp and coin page
3 frame & titlebar - the other 2 with the tradeskill page

Best bet is to grab the exp file from the base BottomV8 folder and start with that.
Unread 04-29-2005, 06:41 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Up Csm

i was just curious if there any kind of documentation on the CSM..i cant seem to get it to do anything at all..except salute or wave bye..heh..any help would be much appreciated
Unread 04-29-2005, 08:05 PM
A Griffon

Default Csm

Combat Stats Monitor......

Its a progrm that runs in the background and does just that and more ... I cand give you a link here as the site wont let me but... put this lot together....

combatstats
com

Then your CSM buttons will work BUT not the mp3 ones as the dude that wrote this program is working on making his program work with the mod so to speak

And yes it is 100% safe to run

Last edited by Laffs : 04-29-2005 at 08:10 PM.