Server: Permafrost

Just a FYI, I noticed that these instructions still mention getting .NET 1.1

But the newest EQ2MAP auto-updater now claims to require .NET 2.0 or greater
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3509
Unread 06-03-2008, 03:53 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Skills

I just installed this UI and for some reason i cannot see my skills when I check my Persona out (i.e. trapping, safefall, etc). They are just not there at all... Any help? Thank you
Unread 06-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlocasto View Post
I just installed this UI and for some reason i cannot see my skills when I check my Persona out (i.e. trapping, safefall, etc). They are just not there at all... Any help? Thank you
OK, when you say they're not there, are they given as 0/0, is that tab blank, or is the tab not there at all? Even better, can you give us a screenshot?
Unread 06-14-2008, 08:14 PM
A Coastal Crab

Thumbs Up follow the directions in order - -

if you don't follow the directions in order, you won't get anywhere.
take that advice from me.

Last edited by cooperownzyou : 06-14-2008 at 08:15 PM. Reason: color~
Unread 10-28-2008, 02:40 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Problem with install

I keep having a problem when trying to install the 10.2. As I extract the files from the zip folder, the progress bar creeps real slow until about 5 bars or so, and then it just closes out leaving a half made file folder in my directory. Any ideas as to whats goin on? I even tried cleaning out all my old files from the previous version, but it was no help, it keeps closing out shortly after the extracting begins. Help please, I love this UI, and don't want to have to use the default.
Unread 10-28-2008, 10:48 PM
A Forest Scavenger

In the FWIW column, I have no problems and never had. I use 7-Zip and it flies right along. I always delete the old Fetish directory although some people just rename it as a "just in case" I guess.

If you're using Win-Zip maybe that's the problem. I quit using that extractor a very long time ago. I find 7-Zip to be a much better program all the way around and it's free. You can find it at 7-Zip.org.
Unread 10-29-2008, 05:45 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

Try redownloading, sounds like a corrupted ZIP. Or maybe check your drive for disk errors.
Unread 01-27-2009, 01:12 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hey- I just got this and want to try it out- But I dont want to deal w/ the ridiculous window rearrangement-- Is there a place where I can download the UI-SETTINGS files from someone? Or some standard ones?
Unread 09-30-2009, 12:17 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Assuming you already have a layout you like... just install and everything should be pretty much where it was. Windows will generally take up less room, so you may want to adjust things accordingly.

Otherwise, there are layouts for a few screen sizes that will be installed into the UI/FetishNightfall/Layout. These haven't been updated in ages, so probably a little funky.
Unread 09-30-2009, 05:33 AM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

Think Zonk just ninja'd his own thread 8 months for a reply hehe
Unread 10-02-2009, 08:53 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

lol, yah kinda... but I thought it was a good Install related question others might care to have answered.
Unread 10-30-2009, 10:10 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default A question

Just installed and everything looks great. Only problem I have, and I'm sure it's prolly "user error" is that I can't type in chat... the space on the bottom of the chat box is just not there. I have tried resizing text, and the window itself, but it didn't work. I couldn't even type /camp and have it work, it just made me shout "camp"... so I am thinking that it is not just a matter of not seeing the type bar, it just isn't there.

Thanks!
Unread 10-30-2009, 11:54 AM
A Brown Bear

I think it is the issue about the frame and titlebar around your chat window. You can try to either put the frame and titlebar back on it..or take it off of it. It should be fine then one of those two ways.
Unread 10-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeno78 View Post
Just installed and everything looks great. Only problem I have, and I'm sure it's prolly "user error" is that I can't type in chat... the space on the bottom of the chat box is just not there. I have tried resizing text, and the window itself, but it didn't work. I couldn't even type /camp and have it work, it just made me shout "camp"... so I am thinking that it is not just a matter of not seeing the type bar, it just isn't there.

Thanks!
It's there, it just 'hides' unless your mouse is hovered over the chat window. It's a "feature" designed to maximize the chat you see, although I personally do not care for it and have that feature disabled. As for it shouting camp instead of /camp... You likely deleted the slash (since you couldn't see what you were typing) and then typed just camp while "shout" was the default (slashless) channel set.

You can "fix" the auto-stealthing in two ways: First is turn frame and titlebar on under right click > window options.
The second way (ala here) is to replace eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml with the file labled _simple_eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml that is included in your Fetish folder.
Unread 10-31-2009, 10:48 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Unrest

i am noticing this too. I have it set to just frame like I normally do and i use to start typing below the text, and now it doesn't show it at all unless i have it set to frame and title.
Unread 11-04-2009, 11:42 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown

HELP! I am trying to download this and I am having an issue. I click download, choose the Sony/EverquestII folder and it saves, but then I can't access the folder. I am getting an error message that Windows can't open the folder because access is denied. I am running Vista. The user I am logged in as has full acces to the Sony folders. What am I doing wrong???
Unread 11-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfrodite View Post
HELP! I am trying to download this and I am having an issue. I click download, choose the Sony/EverquestII folder and it saves, but then I can't access the folder. I am getting an error message that Windows can't open the folder because access is denied. I am running Vista. The user I am logged in as has full acces to the Sony folders. What am I doing wrong???
Your account has admin access, but by default applications are not given admin access in Vista. When you are trying to extract to your folder EverQuest II folder (which I'd bet is in Program Files), your unzip program is running without admin access and thus cannot access there.

Create a temporary folder on your desktop and extract everything there. Then move everything inside that temporary folder (there should be 4 files and a folder) to your EQ2 folder -- if it asks if it's ok to merge or overwrite anything, say yes.

In the future and for those reading, I suggest installing EQ2 somewhere other than program files (the next time you have to install it). That prevents 99.99% of all 'access denied' issues in Vista.
Unread 11-06-2009, 02:33 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown

Thanks. That is pretty much what I ended up doing once I realized that no change to security settings was having an impact on it. I hate Vista!!!

Thanks for the response!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
Your account has admin access, but by default applications are not given admin access in Vista. When you are trying to extract to your folder EverQuest II folder (which I'd bet is in Program Files), your unzip program is running without admin access and thus cannot access there.

Create a temporary folder on your desktop and extract everything there. Then move everything inside that temporary folder (there should be 4 files and a folder) to your EQ2 folder -- if it asks if it's ok to merge or overwrite anything, say yes.

In the future and for those reading, I suggest installing EQ2 somewhere other than program files (the next time you have to install it). That prevents 99.99% of all 'access denied' issues in Vista.
Unread 02-15-2010, 06:06 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Default Windows 7 home premium

Howdy,

Is there any change to the install instructions with Window 7 Home Premium (64 bit)?

Is there anything that I need to do differently?

I have two program files folders:

Program Files
Program Files (x86)

I'm not a techy so I don't know what the difference is
Unread 02-15-2010, 08:30 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallyce View Post
Howdy,

Is there any change to the install instructions with Window 7 Home Premium (64 bit)?

Is there anything that I need to do differently?

I have two program files folders:

Program Files
Program Files (x86)

I'm not a techy so I don't know what the difference is
Use whatever place EQ2 is installed. For the old style patcher, that would probably be Program Files (x86), since EQ2 is not a 64-bit application.

For the new patchers you'll need to find where EQ2 is actually installed. You can do this by right clicking and selecting properties on your EQ2 shortcut. The path where it says "Start In" or "Target" will be the folder you need to head to.
Unread 02-16-2010, 01:47 PM
A Fallen Diplomat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Befallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
Use whatever place EQ2 is installed. For the old style patcher, that would probably be Program Files (x86), since EQ2 is not a 64-bit application.

For the new patchers you'll need to find where EQ2 is actually installed. You can do this by right clicking and selecting properties on your EQ2 shortcut. The path where it says "Start In" or "Target" will be the folder you need to head to.
For the record, my 64-bit Win7 Professional installed to a location outside of Program Files.
Code:
"C:\ProgramData\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II\Launcher.exe"
I re-installed from the Digital Download, not from my original DVD. EQ2 runs fine without admin rights, but the EQ2Map updater will not update unless I run it with admin rights.
Unread 02-17-2010, 09:38 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorvani View Post
For the record, my 64-bit Win7 Professional installed to a location outside of Program Files.
Code:
"C:\ProgramData\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II\Launcher.exe"
I re-installed from the Digital Download, not from my original DVD. EQ2 runs fine without admin rights, but the EQ2Map updater will not update unless I run it with admin rights.
If you installed from the digital download, it's one of the 'new patchers' I'm talking about. Not sure why EQ2MAP would still need admin permissions, unless windows 7 also locks down the programdata directory as well.