EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 09-10-2014, 01:13 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Guk
Default Profit - Big Problems

I have been away from game since January 2013. I saved my character's UI's in my email for profit. I downloaded the game and the updater for maps and profit. I placed my ton's UI's in the EQ2 folder as I had done in the past many times before. I am having several issues.

The first and biggest issue is that I can't click on my spells and/or combat arts. When I put the mouse over the icon I get the move window symbol. I tried moving the window and locking it. Locking is not working at all and still was unable to use a mouse to click on the spell. I even tried placing mounts, and totems in the windows and they would not work either. Call to home in these slots would not activate.

Next, there seems to be some issues with zoning. When I zone the full screen goes to windows and enlarges and moves everything around. There is no longer an option to change resolution while in windows mode to correct the issue either when looking within settings.

There may be other issues as well, but these are so overwhelming/unplayable that I haven't stayed in game long enough to figure out if there are any. What am I missing?

Last edited by teyabs : 09-10-2014 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Added a question.
Unread 09-10-2014, 01:54 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Fixed One Problem

I figured out that F10 was clicked and when I clicked it off the spells were active and windows were locking into place.

Now I just have the zoning issue. It turns out it isn't just zoning that keeps changing the resolution it is also camping and returning to game that does it. It goes from full screen back to windows.
Unread 09-11-2014, 03:18 PM
A Grove Wisp

They've changed the behavior of the Windowed / Full Screen dropdown. Toggle it or make sure it's set on Windowed, and your issues should go away. If that fails, you'll probably have to delete eq2.ini (and its 'recent' and backup versions) and then, yeah.. redo all your UI stuff.. sorry.
Unread 09-12-2014, 08:57 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSam View Post
They've changed the behavior of the Windowed / Full Screen dropdown. Toggle it or make sure it's set on Windowed, and your issues should go away. If that fails, you'll probably have to delete eq2.ini (and its 'recent' and backup versions) and then, yeah.. redo all your UI stuff.. sorry.
When I choose windowed mode the option for resolution dims and is unavailable. I toggled more times than I can shake a stick at. I deleted the eq2.ini and 'recent', twice but this had no effect. When I log in, zone, camp, go back into game, it continues to change my setting of full screen at 1900 x 1080 resolution to windowed. Here are some screen shots of what I am seeing...if they will go in here.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10244...87274685422401

This is what I want my settings to be at.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10244...87274685422401

This is what it keeps changing to when I move in and out of game or zone. Windows piled on top of each other and decreased resolution.

Last edited by teyabs : 09-12-2014 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Images not loading
Unread 09-16-2014, 09:51 AM
A Brown Bear

Thumbs Down Still a problem. :(

I notice when I log in there are a ton of little windows that are within eq2 that open. Things like calibrate your soemote etc. The moment I click the X to get out of any one of them the game window sort of "burps" and bang my resolution is changed from full screen to window. I would not mind using the window mode and in fact would rather use it, except I need my resolution to be at 1900 x 1200 and it won't do that as it is greyed out. Also, it seems that when in window mode my mouse cursor goes berserk if I try to close something outside the game window on my desktop and hangs up on the outside border of the game whereby I can not interact with anything outside of the game window, nor inside of it.

Marksam when you said delete 'backup versions' and "redo all your UI stuff' I don't know where the backups might be or what they might be named if there are any. Also, when you say redo...do you mean find a way to uninstall profit? I am unsure how to do that. Could you give me more tutelage on this information you have provided? Keep in mind I already deleted the EQ2.ini file and "recent" about 13x or more already.
Unread 09-22-2014, 08:13 AM
A Grove Wisp

Ok, first, the 'windowed' mode greying out Resolution is by design, and logical.. If you are playing in a resizeable window, the game doesn't care what your resolution is - it just uses the dimensions of the window. The Resolution dropdown is for forcing a particular resolution in full screen only. It should be set to your monitor's maximum resolution by default.

I honestly don't know why EQ2 is bumping you out of full screen every time. If you change that setting from the launcher, it will do that the first time you log in, but it should save your settings after that and always start in your chosen mode. Oh.. there used to be an issue with saving configurations in Vista and sometimes Windows 7, IF you installed EQ2 in Program Files or Program Files (x86), but EQ2 should currently default to installing in Program Data, which fixes the problem.

You could try going to full screen mode (Alt-Enter is the toggle), then set the Resolution dropdown for your monitor's actual resolution, then go back to windowed mode. Exit the game to save everything, and start it again. If you don't know the monitor's resolution, you can find it in the Control Panel, or (easier) hit the Menu button on your monitor - most monitors will show you the current resolution.

Whatever you do, Do Not EVER click the Defaults button - That will change your monitor resolution, and screws up mouse synchronization, too (At least, thats what it does to me, and I'm not alone). If you do hit it by accident, hit ESCape and hope it goes back to normal.

If you're trying to play in a lower resolution than your monitor's maximum, but still be in a window, you'll have to set the monitor resolution manually in the Windows Control Panel (not in the game). The only reason to do this is if you want better frame rates in windowed mode at higher 'Quality' settings. I hate the lower quality 'performance' settings - EQ2 really doesn't degrade graphics settings gracefully. In fact I find it downright ugly. Not to mention its harder to see certain quest updates, harvests, and most important, Shinies! So I can see wanting to do this. Even a single step lower on the resolution slider can give your frame rates a big boost, and you don't really notice the resolution difference unless you're close to the screen.

Of course, changing the Windows resolution will move your desktop stuff around, so you'll want to consider carefully if you think you might do that.

As for the backup .ini files, they're all right there. It doesn't look like you have a problem with them, so no worries there. For reference, they are eq2.bik, eq2_recent, and bakupeq2...

Good luck.. I really hope something here helps.
Unread 09-22-2014, 01:25 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Thank you for the clarification.

I tried deleting those files that you put in your last post and redoing the profit and maps update before launching the game. It still didn't help.

Thank you for trying to help me.

I am at a loss. I never had this sort of problem before when I downloaded the game and EQ2 map and profit. I will just have to toggle the game every time I log in and when I zone for now until I can figure this out.
Unread 09-23-2014, 12:44 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Remember that ProfitUI and EQ2Maps don't go in different UI folders. You install Profit, then you install EQ2Maps into ProfitUI by pointing it's installer at ProfitUI in the drop-down.