EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 11-30-2011, 04:23 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Everfrost
Send a message via ICQ to T101
Angry Client crash??

Quick question. Why does Fetish crash the client every time I try to play? I have updated it via EQ2Maps and have FetishDarkRoyale selected in EQ2Maps. The game begins to load however, when I select a char to log into the game, it crashes and quits running all together. Any help would be great! Tnx.
Unread 11-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Without a link to it I can't be 100% sure which you're using, but to my knowledge no version of DarkRoyale has been updated recently. Old UIs are missing key features or have conflicts that result in crashes.

Your best bet is to use Fetish Nightfall for now. Hopefully Fetish will be converted to use styles soon and then updating it for DarkRoyale will be relatively simple.
Unread 11-30-2011, 06:53 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

To my knowledge this is the only UI I've ever seen called Dark Royale. That mod was a completely separate mod that was based off Fetish, but never supported by Zonx. That said, that UI is 4 years old, and is two versions behind the last build of Fetish that Zonx released. There are at least 5 different windows that I can think of off the top of my head that would cause a complete client crash. With the age of it, the Dark Royale UI would need almost a complete overhaul to make it function again.

As Lordebon said; your best bet is to download version 11.9 of Fetish Nightfall, then download the GU 61 patch, afterwords, run the updater for EQ2Maps.

As for the colorstyles... I'm sending you a PM Lordebon.
Unread 11-30-2011, 09:10 PM
A Brown Bear

Angry

Fetish Nightfall isn't even on the /loadui screen. I am beginning to think that none of these custom UI's like my machine *sigh* Kinda frustrating but it is what it is. I suppose I will not be using any of them
Unread 11-30-2011, 11:04 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by T101 View Post
Fetish Nightfall isn't even on the /loadui screen. I am beginning to think that none of these custom UI's like my machine *sigh* Kinda frustrating but it is what it is. I suppose I will not be using any of them
You need to be sure that you are installing the UIs properly, and it is better to use the eq2.ini instead of the /loadui command. I believe this guide is current: http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293
Unread 11-30-2011, 11:16 PM
A Brown Bear

I did use the .ini files as per install instructions. I placed the .ini file in the sub-folder of the UI folder and that did not work; I placed in directly into the main EQ2 folder and that did not work either. I am certain there is something simple that I am doing incorrectly however, my old brain is a bit on the hacked side, per say, as I am on some strong pain meds due to a recent major back/neck surgery and they have been cause me to have memory lapses. I will continue working on it and hopfully I will recall how to make these things run properly. 6 years ago this was never an issue however, old age catches up with one and it tends to screw ones memory to crap. The meds don't help either
Unread 12-01-2011, 01:01 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by T101 View Post
I placed in [the .ini] directly into the main EQ2 folder and that did not work either.
This is correct, if this didn't make Fetish load up automatically when you started the game, there is something wrong with the nesting of the FetishUI folder placement. For windows 7 it should be as follows:

C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II

Once the .ini is placed in the correct area, go here:

C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II\UI

Inside this directory there should be three folders (unless you have other custom UIs besides Fetish), these are Default, Default_Blue and Fetish. Just as with the Default folder, when you open the Fetish folder, you should see a long list of .xml files as well as a few folders. If all you see is another Fetish folder, you have installed incorrectly. You will need to go through any subsequent folders until you do see a long list of .xml files and a couple folders. The game can not load the UI if it is inside sub-folders.

That is to say if you have something like C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II\UI\FetishNightfall\Fetish

This is not correct, and you will need to move the UI files out of the sub-folder (\Fetish in the example above) and into the main folder (\FetishNightfall in the example above).

Once you have confirmed that the files are in the correct area, you need to check the name of the UI folder. Name it anything you like, personally I change mine to simply Fetish. Whatever you decide to name it, you need to be sure the .ini is looking for that folder, so go back to the first directory I listed above and right click to edit it. Once open in notepad it should look similar to this:

Code:
ics_maxcameradistance 60
cl_show_voice_tutorial 0
cl_movie_enabled 0
cl_show_welcome_screen_on_startup 0
cl_ui_subdir UI/
cl_ui_skinname Fetish

# Hides the Welcome screen on startup
# cl_show_welcome_screen_on_startup 0
The portion in green is all you really need for the .ini to work properly. As I said before, just be sure the name of the folder for Fetish matches exactly what the .ini has listed after "skinname".

All of the above is just for the install of FetishNightfall V11.9 released by Zonx. Once this is installed, you will need to download the GU_61 patch for Fetish (accessible from the download page of FetishNightfall V11.9). Once you download the patch, unzip it somewhere you can find it.

In all cases when downloading any UI or patch, I suggest you make a folder on your desktop and unzip the files to that folder. Then open the new folder and sift through what is included until you find a folder that is usually called "UI" (this can differ though). Basically you're looking for a folder that has .xml files in it. From a patch, you will highlight everything in the folder right click and choose copy. Now go to your Fetish directory {C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II\UI\Fetish} and paste the files in.

Anytime you use a patch it is wise to make a back up folder of the previous version of the UI, and wait a bit until you're sure everything is working as it should for you, if you have problems you can always revert to the last working copy you had.

I know this looks like a lot, and I know that pain medicine can seriously mess with your head, so I tried to make this as easy to follow as I could. Let me know if you get stuck somewhere or need more help.

If done properly, you should not ever have to use the in game /loadui command, the game should boot up with Fetish files being used.
Unread 12-01-2011, 06:12 PM
A Brown Bear

Thumbs Up

Tnx so much for the help, with the advice you provided, I was able to get the UI to function properly. I even got EQ2Maps to launch the game now. You were correct in your assumption that the when the UI was extracted, it placed the UI within the UI which I am guessing was creating a conflict. Everything is working as intended now and I appreciate the help!!
Unread 12-01-2011, 08:04 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Good to hear =)