Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > Wish List

Unread 04-07-2009, 09:12 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx
Default Suggestion ModeStack

Since the discussion about Advanced mode for the Raid window... I've been thinking of how to add something like this for all windows. What I have in mind is to add a menu to WindowOptions, similar to the Frame And Titlebar menu, that uses a stack of pages from the calling window as its DataSource. Selecting an option shows that page and hides all the others, much like a TabbedPane does.

I think all that's needed from a UI standpoint is to add an attribute to TabbedPane... something like ModeSwitch="true".

From a programming standpoint, the open WindowSettings function would need to inspect the top level of the calling window tree for a TabbedPane with this attribute. If found, page names from that TabbedPane would be passed into WindowSettings as options for the Mode menu.

What this would give us is a saveable "Mode" setting that displays the corresponding page in the calling window and hides all others in that page stack. This also results in a Show event on the corresponding mode page, which would allow us to script layout changes on each mode change.
Unread 04-07-2009, 11:00 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

I'm guessing we'd need to be able to save custom variables for this to be possible, so that the window would be in the same state upon logging back in.
Is this currently possible, because I know it was talked about with the implementation of XML uisetting files.
Unread 04-07-2009, 11:47 PM
A man among men
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via AIM to dragowulf Send a message via MSN to dragowulf

Wasn't that one of the reasons why Rothgar converted the uisettings files?
Unread 04-08-2009, 04:45 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

If implemented properly, this would not require saving any custom variables, only the selected index of the ModeStack. Any custom variables needed to drive each mode could be initialized within the OnShow event of each mode page.

Last edited by Zonx : 04-08-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Unread 04-08-2009, 06:24 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragowulf View Post
Wasn't that one of the reasons why Rothgar converted the uisettings files?
I thought so yes.

While I like the idea of "basic" and "advanced" mode being available for a window via right click menu, I'd still also like to see all extra variables being saved. Some windows can have say up to 6 "modes" or in the case of a stat strip -- unlimited customization.

I don't wanna pull away from Zonx's idea though. I just wanted to ask about custom variables.