EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2MAP New maps

Unread 01-07-2008, 05:52 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default [added] Protector's Realm

Alright, so I found another tutorial so figured I'd give this another whirl with Protector's realm.

I ran into a couple problems though, possibly due to me having PSP 7 which is pretty old.

The problems I ran into all are in step 5, partially quoted below:

Quote:
Step Five
9. On the left, you will see a column of icons. Select the Deform Tool, 2nd icon down, and move your map to the proper place on the blank. If you must resize, do so via the Scale X(%) and Scale Y(%) on the tool bar (F4 to toggle this bar). Make sure you keep these the same! (i.e. 95% and 95%)
12. Click inside the main wall of your map. A dotted line will appear along all the borders. A shadow will be coming from this dotted line so hold down the SHIFT key and select the areas inside the main wall of your map that you do not want a shadow coming from. As you select these areas, the dotted line that surrounded them will go away.
13. Once you have finished, click Effects, 3D Effects, then Drop Shadow
14. In the window that appeared, change the Attributes to: Opacity: 45 Blur: 8.00 Color: Black
15. Change the Offsets to Vertical: 5, Horizontal: 5
16. Click Ok
17. Now repeat the shadow changing the offsets to -5,5 then -5,-5 then 5,-5
First in step 9, it says to move my map to the proper place. Do I just eyeball it? It seems like for the coordinates to work correctly for /waypoint, it would need to be precisely placed no?

Second, my map.png was a bit too large vertically and ran into the black border around the edge of the blank map. I don't seem to have the scale functions he was talking about, but was able to get around it by resizing the map.png before I pasted it as a layer. Is that ok?

Third, I ran through the magic wand and drop shadow instructions, but as far as I can tell it didn't change the image at all. What is that supposed to do?

Fourth, how/when do you add the floor color? After the drop shadow part I assume?

Attached are the map.png and log files. I didn't attach the dds file since I don't think it worked.

Zone name exp04_dun_sebilis+exp04_dun_sebilis_epic01_crypt.iop.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	map.png
Views:	524
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	6236  
Attached Files
File Type: txt protectors realm.txt (162.1 KB, 311 views)
Unread 01-08-2008, 11:21 AM
A Nerius Seer
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone

looks really good, there are other ways to get a zonerect as long as you know the max east, west, north and south coordinates of your locs, you can then match those to the x and y coordinates on the resulting image. See http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=963

Also can somebody check to see if this uses the same IOPlan as Crypt of Agony I know that the epic map is a visually a subsection of the crypt map.

80 Warden/Mystic/Wizard
80 Carpenter/Jeweler/Alchemist/Sage/Weaponsmith/Tinkerer
75 Transmuter/
Unread 01-08-2008, 07:04 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Jaff, do the following...

1) open your png

2) From the layers pallet, select and duplicate the 1 layer you see.

3) now delete the original layer.

4) Select all the deadspace surounding your flloorplan and delete to transparent. Use whatever selection tools work best for you, Magicwand works great.

5) Now resize the canvas to fit within the blank map.
5.a) Under the image menu select "Image size".
5.b) Check the "Constrain Proportions" box.
5.c) Set the dropdown menus next to height and width to "Pixels".
5.d) Now adjust the numbers as needed to make you rimage fit a max width of 418 and max height of 488. In this case, enter 488 in the height box.

You should now have your floor plan sitting on a transparent background scaled to fit inside the map blank.

6) Select all, Copy, and Paste over the map blank.
7) From the Layers menu select "Layer Style/Inner Shadow". This should bring up a dialog box with several options (Inner Shadow is selected and checked).

From here you can tweak a bunch of stuff.

Inner shadow will put a drop shadow insider the floorplan.

Dropshadow will put a shadow outside the floorplan over the map blank.

Color Overlay will tint the entire floorplan with a color. Play with the opacity and blend settings. Blend Mode/Darken will probably work best here.

Pattern Overlay will fill the floorplan with a texture. Again, play with the Blend Mode and Opacity settings.

Stroke will outline the entire floorplan. You may need to use this to clean up the edges if some of the other changes you've made beat up your original border.
Unread 01-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Get the zonerect...

Use this to make the graphic from the text file....
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...rosshairs.html

Wite down the UL and LR numbers (seen on the bottom of the graphic) Then open the that graphic into photoshop, overlay it onto the map background and resize keeping the blue locators.

Now use this tool...
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...alculator.html

use the mouse cursor in photoshop to get the pixel loc of the top left cross hair. Then enter the pixel loc with UL number from the bottom of the map. Then repeat for the bottom right. Click Calculate and now you have a near perfect zonerect.

Now remove the blue cross hairs and clean up the map all you want (don't resize it any more or the zonerect needs to be recalculated)

There are alot more advanced things you can do but that should get you started. For example there is another tool if you need to splice a map in half...
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...rlogfiles.html
Unread 04-22-2008, 08:18 PM
A Nerius Seer

Default ioplan

Protectors Realm does share the same ioplan as crypt of agony. Will we need to make this a full map of the zone or is there a way to separate the 2?

80 Warden/Mystic/Wizard
75 Transmuter/
Unread 04-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

There is a way to separate them, no? I think theres several other zones with the same IOPlan that have different maps (Labs/HoF might be one, can't remember). I forget the details, but I remember reading somewhere on here something they were using to do that =)
Unread 04-29-2008, 08:38 PM
A Nerius Seer

Default finished maps

Code:
<ImageStyle Name="exp04_dun_sebilis_epic01_crypt_0" zonerect="-61, -17, 182, 270" availablerect="-61, -17, 182, 153.5" availablepriority="1">
<ImageFrame Name="imageFrame" Source="images/maps/map_exp04_dun_sebilis_epic01_crypt.dds" SourceRect="0,0,436,506"/>
</ImageStyle>
<ImageStyle Name="exp04_dun_sebilis_epic01_crypt_1" zonerect="-61, -17, 182, 270" availablerect="40, 153.5, 182, 173" availablepriority="1">
<ImageFrame Name="imageFrame" Source="images/maps/map_exp04_dun_sebilis_epic01_crypt.dds" SourceRect="0,0,436,506"/>
</ImageStyle>
<ImageStyle Name="exp04_dun_sebilis_epic01_crypt_2" zonerect="-61, 147, 182, 432" availablepriority="2">
<ImageFrame Name="imageFrame" Source="images/maps/map_exp04_dun_sebilis_epic01_crypt_1.dds" SourceRect="0,0,436,506"/>
</ImageStyle>
BTW: These images and Zone Rectangles work for both Protectors Realm and Crypt of Agony. PR and COA share an IOPlan. Not sure if there is a way you can split the POI's so that each zone can have their own.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	map_exp04_dun_sebilis_epic01_crypt.png
Views:	332
Size:	323.0 KB
ID:	6412  Click image for larger version

Name:	map_exp04_dun_sebilis_epic01_crypt_1.png
Views:	332
Size:	316.4 KB
ID:	6413  
Attached Files
File Type: dds map_exp04_dun_sebilis_epic01_crypt.dds (256.1 KB, 253 views)
File Type: dds map_exp04_dun_sebilis_epic01_crypt_1.dds (256.1 KB, 252 views)

80 Warden/Mystic/Wizard
75 Transmuter/

Last edited by caoimhin : 05-05-2008 at 09:10 AM.
Unread 04-29-2008, 11:03 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

what file would I add the above xml code to? Sorry noob to putting maps in besides going through eq2map.
Unread 04-30-2008, 09:47 AM
A Nerius Seer

Default manually inserting maps

Core_Mapstyles.xml is the file you need to add the above code to. Assuming you have everquest and EQ2Map in their default folders it will be C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\EQ2MAP\eq2map

However, anytime you use the auto updater for EQ2Maps it will detect that you have a different version of that file and replace it with the official version.

Best to make a copy of the file with your changes in it so that you can easily replace the core_mapstyles file with your version after you update.

80 Warden/Mystic/Wizard
75 Transmuter/
Unread 05-01-2008, 04:05 AM
EQ2MAP Developer

Server: Splitpaw

If you make the file read only the updater won't overwrite it.
Don't forget to delete the file if any new maps are added or you won't se them