EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 11-18-2004, 11:00 AM
A Sea Turtle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default Tradeskill Window requires combined brain power HELP! hehe

Well with this lovely new UIBuilder I've been having a good ole time making new spiffy windows but I have one problem. With this god awful tradeskill window it seems that they've imbeded the recipe list the recipe info and the create windows all in to one parent window. I guess they're activated pages? dunno what that means exactly but i noticed that it said activated true in one of them.

Ok my goal is to make the create portion of this process have a sleeker more horizontal smaller window. Shortening the borders on teh bottom and lengthing them on the sides.

When I don't adjust the parent window dimentions the first two windows the recipe and the recipe list look normal but then when i go to make something the creat window is cut off on the right side of information and has all this extra border on the bottom.

When I do adjust the parent window dimentions I get the first two windows also showing up with the frame and background for the create window which of course doesn't fit to the bottom and stretches too far on the right side.

Is there anything I can do to unlink these windows so they work the way i want but still of course maintain functionality or is there some type of coding where I can make the window override the parent dimensions?

Now if i do ajust the dimensions and use window settings to remove the frame and titlebar and then i set the background opacity to 0 and 0 for mouseover you'd never notice that there was anything wrong with the way it works. But of course I want to still be able to have my Frame and Titlebar and my background if I so choose to put them on. Especially when I start reframing everything...
Unread 11-18-2004, 11:13 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Good question, I also am changing the tradeskill windows but have not actually tested it in game yet. I plan on doing it this evening. If anyone has any ideas let us know.
Unread 11-18-2004, 06:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Just as I was about to post that question in the "request for FAQ" thread.. I realised how you do it.

Use a SizeEffector. I'll edit in some sample code in a bit.
Unread 11-18-2004, 09:18 PM
A Sea Turtle

omg if you post the solution to this i will praise your name for all time it's the only thing i've come accross that I can't figure out so far. Granted i haven't tried putting pieces of other windows in windows to combine them yet hehe but that doesn't honestly look to be that hard with the builder... the builder made this scary new code fun
Unread 11-18-2004, 11:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I edited the window to cut out all the middle progress bars (basically that middle section in the create window. It looked pretty slick, but it was such a nightmare for creating items, because I had to keep moving the mouse up to click repeat, then down to click ok on the recipe list. I don't think that the smaller tradeskill window is something that's going to come easy, because you have to keep in mind the original purpose for putting the buttons all in the same place, it makes it easier to grind recipies.

If you're going to mod the create window, you're going to have to mod the rest of the windows to correspond to it also... and that window is a mess...
Unread 11-19-2004, 06:26 AM
A Sea Turtle

well i already have a mod in mind for the individual recipe window that will put the buttons in the same place that i have put them in my create window. but i would like to keep the recipe list window the same if possible....

JerleMinara still waiting on that data as hopeful as ever. If you find that you're idea wouldn't work could you post that as well too so i don't keep checking back every 20 mins to see if you posted it yet *giggle* hehe thanks

Cen
Unread 11-20-2004, 02:37 PM
A Sea Turtle

so shoudl i chalk this up as no one knows or it's impossible?
Unread 11-26-2004, 05:00 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Edit: I have no idea how to do it.. I know I need to use a SizeEffector but I don't know how to implement it or anything.. Sorry

Last edited by JerleMinara : 11-26-2004 at 05:18 PM.
Unread 12-16-2004, 07:28 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Just an idea, but you might try embeding the entire window frame and background into each of the pages, leaving the parent window empty.

The empty parent window will likely still need to be large enough to contain all the windows, but with no visible objects in that layer, the window should appear to resize as you click from Recipe to Create.

Haven't examined this file closely so I really have no idea if this will work.