Unread 07-22-2010, 05:47 PM
A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via AIM to dragowulf Send a message via MSN to dragowulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaws View Post
How about the ability to right-click any hotbutton and 'Set Keybinding'? Instead of...

Escape > Options > Controls > Hotbar Keys > *scrolling down... scrolling down... oh crap, which button # was it??... counting across the hotbar.... falls asleep...*

Also, I set some keybinds to numpad keys and the text on the button is so long it cuts into all of the adjacent buttons texts. Maybe "<Numpad 6>" could just be "NP6"? I guess I could make my hotbars really big though >.>

Oh, and... *cough*click-casting*cough*. Seriously.
I'd rather be able to go to options click "set keybindings" and whatever icon I hover over in my hotkey window will be set as the key I press.
Unread 07-22-2010, 09:56 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Everfrost
Default Map Window

People seem to argue a lot over square/circular map windows. It would be nice if we could right click the map window and get an option to change between the two.
Unread 07-23-2010, 12:32 AM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Barren Sky

I would like to use single-click on buff/debuff/targeteffects/impliedtargeteffects icon to open spell effect examine window; or even /examine_debuff #number commands to bind it to macro. And non-sizeable effect examine window is nuisance with SF size of descriptive text.

Also, how about implementing a filter to buff/debuff/etc windows (or new "filtered" window to show only crucial effects on me)?

And maybe you can make buff/debuff/etc windows to act like maintained_spells one, with text decriptions and timers.

And maybe set them to not to collapse on effect falling, I mean sometime it's very hard to target specific buff on myself or on my target to examine, because buffs are constantly a-changing, and list of effects is a-dancing, and brains of myself are a-sploding. Well, that perhaps will require removing of current limit of 30 icons (and that may hurt the fps and latency I fear)

Just my 3.62 roubles.
Unread 07-23-2010, 11:14 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

I will wash your car, I will paint your house, I'll walk the dog for a month if you'll make an anchor for the Tooltip window, so that I can move the Tooltip window somewhere else on the screen. That way I can have the Tooltip window pop up somewhere other than right ON my quickbar.

For those of us that have our quickbars at the bottom of the screen, or under our toons feet, it pretty much drives us crazy that whenever you hover a spell/CA/whatever on your quickbar, the damn Tooltip pops up and covers up pretty much your toon, the mobs your fighting, etc. Not really a convenient thing when fighting for your life. Only you can stop "Death by Tooltip".

Sadly, I've had to turn off the Tooltips on my quickbar as a result of this (the options available for transparency, and delaying the popup itself definitely don't cut it). That seems like a bad thing to me; that I have to turn off Tooltips on my quickbar.
Unread 07-23-2010, 11:48 AM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest
Default Non-showable windows

There's a few windows that aren't showable via F10 or keystrokes: the melee attack bar, the cast bar, the pop-up message window, the HO window. The only way to get them visible to move them around is to do some action and catch them while the game shows them. I'd dearly love some way to make them simply show up when I use F10 to toggle all window backgrounds on. Reason I want to move them? I'm trying to group all the things I need to watch during a fight close together so I don't have to move my eyes as much to keep track of various timings (eg. do I have time enough on my current auto-attack cycle for another CA, has the queued-up spell started to cast so it's safe to queue up another one and which ones are up or about to come up).
Unread 07-23-2010, 01:39 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
There's a few windows that aren't showable via F10 or keystrokes: the melee attack bar, the cast bar, the pop-up message window, the HO window. The only way to get them visible to move them around is to do some action and catch them while the game shows them. I'd dearly love some way to make them simply show up when I use F10 to toggle all window backgrounds on. Reason I want to move them? I'm trying to group all the things I need to watch during a fight close together so I don't have to move my eyes as much to keep track of various timings (eg. do I have time enough on my current auto-attack cycle for another CA, has the queued-up spell started to cast so it's safe to queue up another one and which ones are up or about to come up).
Yes these windows are hard to setup. I recall a past version of Fetish having some box that allowed these windows to be displayed so we could move them. Although I haven't used Fetish in ages to see if thats still there it was a function that I loved dearly.
Unread 07-23-2010, 04:33 PM
A Coastal Crab

PLEASE please consider a quest slot for quest items, most other MMO's have this feature. It sucks to have 180 slots to have to look for that one quest item you need that very second!! Maybe a quest box or something that holds 6 quest items.

Timers on maintained effects like reactives would be super useful.

I'm one of those weirdos that uses the stock UI for almost everything including click to cure (yes I'm the one who PMed everyone to get the click to cures on the stock UI fixed, TY again for that fix).
Unread 07-24-2010, 10:20 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_ View Post
I will wash your car, I will paint your house, I'll walk the dog for a month if you'll make an anchor for the Tooltip window, so that I can move the Tooltip window somewhere else on the screen. That way I can have the Tooltip window pop up somewhere other than right ON my quickbar.

For those of us that have our quickbars at the bottom of the screen, or under our toons feet, it pretty much drives us crazy that whenever you hover a spell/CA/whatever on your quickbar, the damn Tooltip pops up and covers up pretty much your toon, the mobs your fighting, etc. Not really a convenient thing when fighting for your life. Only you can stop "Death by Tooltip".

Sadly, I've had to turn off the Tooltips on my quickbar as a result of this (the options available for transparency, and delaying the popup itself definitely don't cut it). That seems like a bad thing to me; that I have to turn off Tooltips on my quickbar.

The popups are pretty annoying on toolbars at the bottom, especially the Master Strike one. A tooltip anchor would be amazing.

Along those same lines, one of the big features of EQII encounters is learning and responding to the detrimental effects placed on the character during battle. As it stands now, the only way I know to catch the effects for study is to wait for each of them to land, hover the cursor over it, wait for the tooltip delay, hope the effect doesn't expire, then get a screenshot (and hope I don't wipe the raid while doing all this).

Would it be possible to have a right-click >> Examine for detrimental effects that pops up each description in a separate persistent examine window, similar to examining anything else in the game? This way we could go through an encounter, capture all the effects safely, and review/screenshot them afterward.
Unread 07-24-2010, 11:25 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
Would it be possible to have a right-click >> Examine for detrimental effects that pops up each description in a separate persistent examine window, similar to examining anything else in the game? This way we could go through an encounter, capture all the effects safely, and review/screenshot them afterward.
Ah I see what you mean, you want to have them all pop up at once from a single click? That might be useful, but it's not too bad as it is now, you just have to be quick on it.
Unread 07-24-2010, 11:43 AM
A Forest Scavenger

So far I like the changes that have been mentioned. I know my focus is a little narrow but I am concerned about my tradeskill mod and these new changes. I guess I'll have to dust off the UI designer

One question I do have is, has the Rush Order timer been provided as DynamicData yet? Since the change to multiple quest tracking, this feature has been broken in all the tradeskill mods.
Unread 07-24-2010, 07:37 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

If you're really looking for consolidation, Spell Effects / Vs Maintained window would be a good place to start. The display of buffs in this game has always been inelegant.
Unread 07-25-2010, 05:09 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

Any chance we can get "Advanced" options for the Player, Group and Raid windows that would provide ClickCure and ClickAbilities similar to those found in Fetish?

I understand the need to keep things simple for new users, but I think most players of support classes would agree, these features are almost mandatory for the higher end content the bulk of the subscriber base is dealing with.

While the custom solutions are workable, there's stuff we simply can't achieve in a user-friendly way.

It would be great if players could drag/drop spells/macros in-game to configure ClickCure and ClickAbility bars, and have these settings saved on a per character basis. All that's required to pull this off is a new configuration window with assignable slots (similar to hotbar slots), code to save those in the settings file, and some UI switches added to the various windows to show/hide the extra buttons.

I'd also like to propose a scheme for enableing modifier keys to be used in script. Provide boolean dynamicData elements that track Ctrl, Shift, and Alt key downs. Sample of how this would be used...
Code:
onPress="
doScript1 = dynamicData.isKeyDown.Ctrl && dynamicData.isKeyDown.Shift
doScript2 = dynamicData.isKeyDown.Ctrl
doScript3 = dynamicData.isKeyDown.Shift
doScript4 = dynamicData.isKeyDown.Alt
"
Unread 07-25-2010, 08:21 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Unkown

Just three words.

Mouse Cursor Size
Unread 07-25-2010, 12:43 PM
A Sea Turtle

I really appreciate Rothgar's post and the new stuff looks interesting. The flood of ideas is great I just hope Rothgar doesn't get drown by them.

As for Jehcan's three words, may I shorten it to just two "MOUSE CURSOR". At least give us the ability to select a cursor from a collection. I hate losing the cursor in the background. Yes I'm a mouse clicker. My fingers just don't react like they use to and typing is getting more and more difficult.

A tip of my hat to the folks at SOE who have created a really cool game. The only one I play. And a bow to all you folk who create these marvelous mods that makes the game even more fun. All, please keep up the wonderful work.
Unread 07-25-2010, 02:15 PM
A Griffon

Server: Butcherblock

My guild leader often complains about the mouse curser as well. he is an older gent with fading eyesight so some curser options to help him out would be a warm welcome. I think size and color would do the trick nicely.
Unread 07-26-2010, 01:50 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Grobb

=( must say I'm disappointed about the clock.

I never use the minimap (have no use for it) but keep the clock up because it's the easiest way for me to keep up with in and out of game time.No one else in my household uses the minimap for anything either but all of us keep up the clock.

I hope you are leaving us a way to get the time seperate at least even if its by making changes using the UI builder.

I do like the character window though. Looking forward to the patch to test so I can check everything out first hand.
Unread 07-28-2010, 01:50 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE-Rothgar View Post
I hope it doesn't seem like our intent was to keep it internal or edge out eq2maps because that's certainly not the case. Our designers just needed to be able to specify the location or region for a quest to be completed. Most of this data we were able to pull from our own designer data. It was really important that we create a solution that would be available for new players from the time they start even if they don't install any custom ui's. We will always be interested in finding ways for third-party ui's to bring value.
As long as the EQ2MAP team gets access to a list of questIDs that can be associated with POIs and recognized by the client I see no problem why your designers could not support EQ2MAP.
Unread 07-28-2010, 02:21 AM
A Griffon

Well test day has come and having logged into the game via test I can say I'm not likely to stay in game Unless modders are really able to make things work the way we've grown custom to I feel some of these changes just drives players away. The xp bar is so ugly I thought I logged into WoW. There is now 3 bottom bars for some unknown reason when I log in. Yes I use ProfitUI with an older xp bar that I have been able to keep for sometime. There apparently are a lot of changes in the Maintained window making Profits Right Aligned window useless and probally will be hard to update so I have the abiltity to click off a buff as I was able to in catalyst version of Profit. The profie window is also dang ugly.

Sorry just my opinion and it will of course for me be the reason I don't want to play.
Unread 07-28-2010, 06:26 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
As long as the EQ2MAP team gets access to a list of questIDs that can be associated with POIs and recognized by the client I see no problem why your designers could not support EQ2MAP.
I agree on that. Plus itd have the benefit of instantly providing quest POI tracking for ALL quests in existance rather than the ones officially supported for now.
Unread 07-28-2010, 08:37 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
Well test day has come and having logged into the game via test I can say I'm not likely to stay in game Unless modders are really able to make things work the way we've grown custom to I feel some of these changes just drives players away. The xp bar is so ugly I thought I logged into WoW. There is now 3 bottom bars for some unknown reason when I log in. Yes I use ProfitUI with an older xp bar that I have been able to keep for sometime. There apparently are a lot of changes in the Maintained window making Profits Right Aligned window useless and probally will be hard to update so I have the abiltity to click off a buff as I was able to in catalyst version of Profit. The profie window is also dang ugly.

Sorry just my opinion and it will of course for me be the reason I don't want to play.
Working on the maintained window. There is a right aligned bug for the default ui that Rothgar said he has found the error for and fixed internally. Once that is patched in I will fix profits window. The changes to maintained are not that major.

When I logged in I had 1 bottom bar and the xp bar(top bar) had moved to the bottom as well. I just put it back where it went and it was fine. No need to see the monstrosity that is the default bar.

Silat
Unread 07-28-2010, 03:55 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Really dislike the bottom bar as well, far too huge and unattractive. The menu buttons placed onto it also seem completely redundant to me - that's what the start menu button is for. Not a fan of the overall redness of the windows, either. I've grown very accustomed to Vex skin Dragowulf created.

I do like the new minimap though, it would be nice to be able to specify the location of the titlebar and clock, though. As it is right now it's impossible to have it flush with any corner but the bottom right. Going to hope someone is able to modify the clock portion to show something other than the night/day image (perhaps place the actual time - ie: 05:30PM or 17:30 - somewhere on the map or below it).

The rounded icons are probably my favorite addition to the interface, I think they look very sharp. Hotbars especially, they look fantastic rounded (and spinner hidden, of course).
Unread 07-28-2010, 05:48 PM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
I dont think it works the way you are imagining. The POI's are created dyamically based on the quests in your journal. This is all done in code. We aren't references static POI's from within the quest data.
Unread 07-28-2010, 07:47 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Just a quick little follow up to my "being able to anchor the Tooltip wherever you want" thing (sorry, last post, I promise). Just wanted to kinda demonstrate how much the current UI really sucks in this area, and how happy I think alot of people would be with a change in the direction of the bottom (modified) screenshot.

This (a Tooltip that covers up my toon, the battle, the middle of the screen!) pretty much makes me want to punch myself in the balls rather than play the game with Knowledge Tooltips enabled on the quickbars::

As compared to something like this, which would probably bring a tear to my eye after waiting all these years for it. A Tooltip anchor that could be like unlocked and moved around the screen like any other window, so that I could move the extremely helpful and core part of a game like this, to a different location on the screen:

Again sorry, I'll try to stop harping on this.
Unread 07-28-2010, 08:12 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_ View Post
Just a quick little follow up to my "being able to anchor the Tooltip wherever you want" thing (sorry, last post, I promise). Just wanted to kinda demonstrate how much the current UI really sucks in this area, and how happy I think alot of people would be with a change in the direction of the bottom (modified) screenshot.
IIRC Vanguard had something just for this, it was a little box you could move around in "Edit UI Mode" and tooltips would work off it. As I recall it was a pretty nice feature at times.
Unread 07-28-2010, 08:22 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE-Rothgar View Post
I dont think it works the way you are imagining. The POI's are created dyamically based on the quests in your journal. This is all done in code. We aren't references static POI's from within the quest data.
I really hope there's some way to make the new stuff work with EQ2Maps. A lot of people (including me and everyone I know) depend on those maps for areas SOE doesn't have maps for, and POIs SOE doesn't include. For instance, finding quest update points for other people when they're running the quest but I'm not. With EQ2Maps I can search the POI list to highlight the spot so I can see where they need to go. If you're saying that won't work with the new system, that's going to upset a lot of people.
Closed Thread