EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > DDS/Graphics Modification Help & Info

Unread 12-16-2004, 09:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Another one with DDS issues

I've been looking around the forums here and I havn't seen a post to solve this issue I'm having, so, if there is one, please forgive me.

Every custom image I've created and attempted to load into EQ2 gets garbled. It shows up exactly as I want it in the UIBuilder program, and, obviously, fine in my image editor, but it's beyond recognizable when attempting to view via EQ2 itself.

I have tried TGA and DDS (DXT3, DXT5, U8888).
Please note, I'm a poor little man who does not have the money for his own copy of photoshop. I only, really, have the GIMP for image editing. I can access PS, but from another source that's hard to get to.

That said, I have attempted saving DDS via the nvidia standalone converter (command line program) using DXT3, DXT5, and U8888. I have used PS to save under DXT3 and DXT5.

The images I'm using are all powers of 2x2

The best result I have been able to achive to date is a nice looking image, but it's half way down where it's suppose to be and half the image is cut off. According to all of the XMLs, and the UI builder, the alignment of these images is fine. This result was with a TGA attempt.

What am I doing wrong? I know that somewhere I must be missing something discustingly fundamental... but what?

Can someone PLEASE help me?

Thanks,
--ObsidianBlk

P.S.
Also, is there a method to reload the guis in EQ2 w/o having to log in and out of the game? Oviously, as my above problem states, the UIBuilder does not give me an accurate depiction of what my resultant gui will look like in game.

Thanks again.
Unread 12-17-2004, 04:29 AM
A Weald Wolf
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

ive been using GIMP to make my tga's and then converting them using DDS converter 2 . The only thing I can think of that might be causing a garbled image is mayby your Alpha layer is not matching your images corectly. Try changing the background opacity of your image to 1 just to see if its the alpha.
Unread 12-17-2004, 03:17 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastnic
ive been using GIMP to make my tga's and then converting them using DDS converter 2 . The only thing I can think of that might be causing a garbled image is mayby your Alpha layer is not matching your images corectly. Try changing the background opacity of your image to 1 just to see if its the alpha.

Actually, that's a pretty good idea. I'll try that. Thanks.
Unread 12-17-2004, 03:22 PM
a hedgehog
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via AIM to tonyis3l33t Send a message via Yahoo to tonyis3l33t

Hey i tried doing the whole converting thing with DDS Converter 2 after editing a tga with paint shop pro and when i went into EQ2 in showed the entire picture with a white background tiled across all the little pictures that the dds contained...you know what im saying?

Anywho the real question here is what are the advanced settings i am supposed to use to produce the correct type of DDS file for use with the UI?

Danke,
Tony
________
LatinDesire

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 09-16-2011 at 03:14 AM.
Unread 12-17-2004, 10:24 PM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Unrest

Tony it sounds like you have an xml problem not a dds problem. if you could take a screen shot of the problem window and post the ofending .xml mayby someone can help figure it out.