EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 10-22-2011, 07:54 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Everfrost
Default button with editable txtbox for targeting

Hiya all

I have been looking thru the forum and can't seem to find a simple example to go by.

I want to make a small window with say three editable txt boxes, and an associated button that target whomever I type in the box, or a mob for that matters.

Question 1) Is this possible?
Question 2) Can anyone point to a simple example that I can learn from or post a single box code?

I would be most grateful and apologize for my lack of knowledge.

Maozem
Unread 10-22-2011, 11:27 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maozem View Post
Hiya all

I have been looking thru the forum and can't seem to find a simple example to go by.

I want to make a small window with say three editable txt boxes, and an associated button that target whomever I type in the box, or a mob for that matters.

Question 1) Is this possible?
Question 2) Can anyone point to a simple example that I can learn from or post a single box code?

I would be most grateful and apologize for my lack of knowledge.

Maozem

Maozem, the existing macro system would be the best example. What do you need the interface to do beyond that?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	startmenu-promo.jpg
Views:	9876
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	8390  

Last edited by Darqwood : 06-04-2016 at 01:38 PM.
Unread 10-23-2011, 12:34 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
Maozem, the existing macro system would be the best example. What do you need the interface to do beyond that?
I intend to build a targeting box/threat meter eventually as I understand each part. What I am after with this particular part is to be quickly editable, without having to open the macros to edit them. I may build in some other functionality eventually, this is just the first step in the process. I will work up a graphical representation of what I am after somtime tomorrow and get it posted.
Unread 10-23-2011, 02:32 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Code:
<Page ...>
<TextBox Name="tb1" ... />
<Button OnPress="target tb1.Text" ... />
</Page>
Unread 10-23-2011, 09:25 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Thanks, that should get me started.

BTW is there a way to have a textbox read the item data from drag and drop?
Say similar to what a chat window does? you drag and drop the item in and it puts the appropiate item link in from drag-n-drop of the icon. I would love to do one that would simplify entering of items to dkp thru guild connect. Wasn't sure if this one was possible or not though as the only thing that I have seen that reads data that way is a chat window.
Unread 10-23-2011, 10:29 AM
A Griffon

Server: Antonia Bayle

Why do you ever edit a targeting macro? I use two macros , the first sets an alias to my current target when I press the button, and the second uses the alias to do the targeting.

I actually have 4 sets one for target mt, one to assist mt, one to target ma, and the last to assist ma.

I have not edited a targeting macro in years, and use them daily with every tank I group with.
Unread 10-23-2011, 11:41 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjsi View Post
Why do you ever edit a targeting macro? I use two macros , the first sets an alias to my current target when I press the button, and the second uses the alias to do the targeting.

I actually have 4 sets one for target mt, one to assist mt, one to target ma, and the last to assist ma.

I have not edited a targeting macro in years, and use them daily with every tank I group with.
It is mainly to create a small targeting system for various mobs as I tank, then as targeting assists for my raid illy. Our raid is a little newer, and we still have a bit of inconsistency in who shows up, requiring editing of the various macros that I use. Otherwise it is mostly for the fun of learning how to do it. In the end there will be some other functionality included (least that is what I plan) but I figured best to start with simple and basic first and build from there.