EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 06-17-2007, 01:59 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Nagafen
Unhappy Missing border

Hello ,
Im not for sure whats goin on i have used this mod forever but i recently had my pc worked on and had to redownload everthing and now my maps have no borders.I cant turn fog off or turn the map off by useing the little x a top,put in cords to make a way point just cant do anything. I put an attachment for you to see what it looks like thanks for your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	map[1].jpg
Views:	1741
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	5815  
Unread 06-17-2007, 08:10 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

I'm having the same problem. My map looks just like witchhunter's. In the window options for frame and title all it has is 'none' Also, in the UI log I have this:
Quote:
Couldn't load .xml
:: Bad data at position 3
:: Encountered unexpected end of file
:: Failed to load data from resource: eq2map/skinnable_WindowElements.xml
:: Failed to load data from included resource: eq2map/skinnable_WindowElements.xml
Encountered data outside of container tags
Encountered data outside of container tags

Last edited by krkhns : 06-17-2007 at 08:22 PM.
Unread 06-17-2007, 11:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I'm having the same problem, was going to post but you all beat me to it.
Unread 06-18-2007, 02:46 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

Are you using any map plugins?

I looked at the eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml file and there was a small change, maybe recently. The first page is:
<Page eq2opensound="ui_window_book_open" eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Location="237,105" Name="Map" NormalSize="484,640" OnHide="StartUp=False" OnHoverIn="TM_Plugins.OnHoverInWindow.Activated=true UserResizable=false" OnHoverOut="TM_Plugins.OnHoverOutWindow.Activated=true" OnShow="TM_Plugins.OnShowWindow.Activated=true Reset.Activated=True QM_Process.Activated=true StartUp=True" ScrollExtent="484,640" Size="484,640" UserMovable="true" UserResizable="true" version="1.1.0">

and it used to be:
<Page eq2opensound="ui_window_book_open" eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Location="237,105" Name="Map" NormalSize="484,640" OnHide="TM_Plugins.OnHideWindow.Activated=true StartUp=False" OnHoverIn="TM_Plugins.OnHoverInWindow.Activated=true UserResizable=false" OnHoverOut="TM_Plugins.OnHoverOutWindow.Activated=true" OnShow="TM_Plugins.OnShowWindow.Activated=true Reset.Activated=True QM_Process.Activated=true StartUp=True" ScrollExtent="484,640" Size="484,640" UserMovable="true" UserResizable="true" version="1.1.0">

so it's missing the TM_Plugins.OnHideWindow.Activated=true command when you hide the map window. I don't use any map plugins myself, and the map seems to work ok.

What other UI mods do you use? Did you all just use the "Re-Download All Files" button?

Here's my skinnable_WindowElements.xml file, dated 2/27/2007.

Last edited by Othesus : 06-28-2007 at 03:41 AM.
Unread 06-18-2007, 03:52 AM
A Griffon

Ok, I just used the "Re-Download All Files" button and it messes up the map like your picture. Generally, you should never have to use that button! From the instructions:
Quote:
Re-Download ALL Files: When this button is pushed the updater will redownload ALL of the files and will NOT ask for confirmation about overwriting any. ONLY USE THIS when the eq2map mod is working improperly. YOU WILL LOSE all custom plugins and icons when you use this!!!
If you're installing with the autoupdater just update the normal way. Don't use the "Re-Download All Files" button. Use that skinnable_WindowElements.xml file from the previous post and it should fix the problem for now.

Technical note:
There are a lot of hidden buttons and a lot of xml files that interact for the map mod. It looks like someone moved the TM_Plugins.OnHideWindow.Activated=true command from the first page in eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml to the Reset button in skinnable_WindowElements.xml. I didn't really look much further than that though. Who ever changed it should be able to figure out this bug and fix it easily.
Unread 06-18-2007, 04:06 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Worked like a champ. Thanks for tech support Othesus!
Unread 06-18-2007, 08:14 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Nagafen
Smile missing borders

The only other mod that i use is thor ui. I have always used these to mods together with no problem.
Othesus i guess i misunderstand what your sayin. i tried putting (TM_Plugins.OnHideWindow.Activated=true ) in where you said it went but it didnt change anything.So do i need to do something else? and the only folder i seen named eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml was in the thor folder i didnt see anything else named that.Thanks for any help

P.s. i didnt use the redownload button till after i had tried everthing else, my maps where doing this after a clean install.
Unread 06-18-2007, 02:08 PM
A Griffon

You don't need to edit anything. The problem seems to be caused by the skinnable_WindowElements.xml file. Just take that older version I posted and put it into your UI/MyUI/eq2map folder for now.
Unread 06-23-2007, 09:59 AM
A Griffon

Server: Everfrost
Send a message via ICQ to Talyns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othesus View Post
.... The problem seems to be caused by the skinnable_WindowElements.xml file....
Can somebody check to see if the problem is fixed with this version of skinnable_WindowElements?

I saved the file as unicode somehow when it should have been plain text.
There is no change in the code from the one currently being pushed, but the formatting has been changed from UTF back to plain text, I think that may have been the problem..
Attached Files
File Type: xml skinnable_WindowElements.xml (16.3 KB, 365 views)

Last edited by Talyns : 06-23-2007 at 10:46 AM.
Unread 06-23-2007, 03:35 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

I'm at work, can some one test Talyns's file? I'll push it live asap if its ok.
Unread 06-23-2007, 05:11 PM
A Griffon

Talyns, are you trying it out in the game and the UIBuilder? It looks like it fixes the missing border problem in the game.

But, when I look in the UIBuilder the script isn't doing what you want it to do. Here's what I see in the UIBuilder. The eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml first page starts out as

<Page eq2opensound="ui_window_book_open" eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Location="237,105" Name="Map" NormalSize="484,640" OnHide="StartUp=False" OnHoverIn="TM_Plugins.OnHoverInWindow.Activated=true UserResizable=false" OnHoverOut="TM_Plugins.OnHoverOutWindow.Activated=true" OnShow="TM_Plugins.OnShowWindow.Activated=true Reset.Activated=True QM_Process.Activated=true StartUp=True" ScrollExtent="484,640" Size="484,640" UserMovable="true" UserResizable="true" version="1.1.0">

If you hide and show the window that triggers the "Reset" button which changes it to

<Page eq2opensound="ui_window_book_open" eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Location="237,105" Name="Map" NormalSize="484,640" OnHide="&" OnHoverIn="TM_Plugins.OnHoverInWindow.Activated=true UserResizable=false" OnHoverOut="TM_Plugins.OnHoverOutWindow.Activated=true" OnShow="TM_Plugins.OnShowWindow.Activated=true Reset.Activated=True QM_Process.Activated=true StartUp=True" ScrollExtent="484,640" Size="484,640" StartUp="True" UserMovable="true" UserResizable="true" version="1.1.0">

And the "Reset" button itself gets a junk property of

apos;TM_Plugins.OnHideWindow.Activated=true

In general I just use a single quote ' instead of &apos; since they're legal in xml and easier to read. I tried changing the script in the Reset button from

Parent.OnHide=&apos;TM_Plugins.OnHideWindow.Activated=true&apos;

to

Parent.OnHide='TM_Plugins.OnHideWindow.Activated=true'

and it seems to work fine in the UIBuilder. I don't know if the OnHide="StartUp=False" is needed for anything but the script overwrites that.
Unread 06-23-2007, 06:38 PM
A Griffon

Server: Everfrost
Send a message via ICQ to Talyns

Thanks Othesus,

I have no way to test the changes as I don't have an active account to login nor do I have UIBuilder on my system at the moment.

These are changes suggested by Zonx to fix an issue with his VAM plugin and keep the other plugins working. The line of code was copied directly out of the Fetish skinnable_WE file.

I thought that UIBuilder will change ' to &apos anyway so I thought it was ok.

As long as it it fixes the issue in game then it's ok. so we will leave it UIBuilder has never been very freindly with eq2map.

I'm not sure that the startup variable does any thing for EQ2MAP but I think Fetishmaps uses it. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be overwritten when the map "Starts up". Maybe a part of the the VAM Plugin also.

Can you check in game if the OnHideWindow event is getting called when the map window gets closed.. For instance does the POIFinder window close itself when the map window is closed?
Unread 06-23-2007, 09:43 PM
A Griffon

Ah! Ok, Windows programs seem to always put EF BB BF at the beginning of a UTF-8 file. It seems like if you're using UTF-8 you need to use the option "Without byte order mark" or "Without BOM" but in that case the text will most likely look exactly like ASCII text anyway.

I don't use any plug-ins normally but I'll try out the POI finder to see how it works.

While I'm digging around there I'm looking at a way to fix the problem with the wrong POIs showing up in the Serpent Sewers and Down Below.

I just now saw your thread in the EQ2MAP Team forum. Oh, I see.. that's a private forum thing.

Last edited by Othesus : 06-23-2007 at 11:16 PM.
Unread 06-23-2007, 11:06 PM
A Griffon

Here's the current version of the UIBuilder, dated 11/14/2006. The one Dolby has posted in the downloads section may not be up to date. Hmm, the actual exe is 11/18/2005 so maybe just the documentation was updated.

I never, ever save anything from within the UIBuilder though! It just makes a mess out of your files and messes up include statements. I always edit the xml files in Notepad++, but the UIBuilder is good for visualizing things and testing most scripts.
Attached Files
File Type: zip UIBuilder.zip (1.02 MB, 251 views)
Unread 06-24-2007, 09:14 AM
A Griffon

Hmm, now that I look at the files again I see that the file pushed down was UTF-16 with a little-endian byte order mark. So that was the problem for that file.

After a couple more tests, it looks like the file has to be in UTF-8 format with the Windows style byte order mark EF BB BF at the beginning. When the UIBuilder sees this it properly changes &apos; to ' when loading the file. When it gets an ANSI text file (which looks exactly the same as UTF-8 without the BOM) it leaves &apos; as &apos;

Last edited by Othesus : 06-24-2007 at 09:26 AM.
Unread 06-25-2007, 03:47 PM
A Coastal Crab

Quote:
Hmm, now that I look at the files again I see that the file pushed down was UTF-16 with a little-endian byte order mark. So that was the problem for that file.

After a couple more tests, it looks like the file has to be in UTF-8 format with the Windows style byte order mark EF BB BF at the beginning. When the UIBuilder sees this it properly changes &apos; to ' when loading the file. When it gets an ANSI text file (which looks exactly the same as UTF-8 without the BOM) it leaves &apos; as &apos;
so how do we fix it? I replaced what u sd to, but no change still in map
Unread 06-25-2007, 04:44 PM
A Griffon

Sorry, I think the server should have a good file now. Just go into the eq2map folder, delete your file called skinnable_WindowElements.xml, and run the EQ2MAP Updater again to get that file.
Unread 06-28-2007, 01:31 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Are you using any map plugins?

I looked at the eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml file and there was a small change, maybe recently. The first page is:

and it used to be:
<Page eq2opensound="ui_window_book_open" eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Location="237,105" Name="Map" NormalSize="484,640" OnHide="TM_Plugins.OnHideWindow.Activated=true StartUp=False" OnHoverIn="TM_Plugins.OnHoverInWindow.Activated=true UserResizable=false" OnHoverOut="TM_Plugins.OnHoverOutWindow.Activated=true" OnShow="TM_Plugins.OnShowWindow.Activated=true Reset.Activated=True QM_Process.Activated=true StartUp=True" ScrollExtent="484,640" Size="484,640" UserMovable="true" UserResizable="true" version="1.1.0">

so it's missing the TM_Plugins.OnHideWindow.Activated=true command when you hide the map window. I don't use any map plugins myself, and the map seems to work ok.

What other UI mods do you use? Did you all just use the "Re-Download All Files" button?

Here's my skinnable_WindowElements.xml file, dated 2/27/2007.

THANK YOU! I was having the same issue and this file fixed everything. By the way, I was having the problem of missing borders as soon as I installed the EQ2MAP, and I didn't add other plugins. The only thing prior to EQ2MAP that I had was ProfitUI.