EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 04-11-2009, 12:35 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Smile Can no longer search within Maps

All is updated running Eq2maps and ProfitUI reborn. Was working several weeks ago. Went to a new zone which I had never been to and obviously went to do a search to locate something (up until then I had just rerun previously visited zones with my diff alts). Well when I went to search within my never before visited zone (not that it matter but it was common lands).
I have just been linking to web for quest info... But it would be nice to have that feature working for me again...
If you need additional info to help me with this problem just let me know...
Thanks for this great addon... I really like it a lot !!
Unread 04-11-2009, 01:47 PM
EQ2MAP Developer
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

Check your Options and make sure you can search partial words.
Unread 04-11-2009, 10:28 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Well you nailed that one!

Checked out my Options/UI/Map Windows settings within the game,,,
That was the problem
THANKS A MILLION !!!!!!
Unread 07-16-2009, 01:27 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default I also can not search but this didn't fix it

I have searched all the posts that said their search feature was broken. Mine is also broken and has been for several weeks.

The only thing that seems to show up at all that I have found so far is if I type the word transport and find I get a list of the portals/griffons but that is the only thing I've found so far. It does not find any of the things on the map that I know are there.

the ui/maps search options for partial words and searching are both checked.
I tried re downloading all files.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no help there.

What next? I miss being able to search.
Unread 08-09-2009, 05:13 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via Skype™ to bayfia
Default I've also lost the ability to conduct searches

My "ALL" tabl doesn't work, and I can't look up anything or get a light trail by using the search function. Yesterday I got some kind of error message about the eq2.exe not found, but the maps still open. What can I do to fix this issue. I really miss the functionality of my EQ2 Maps. I am running WIndows XP .. but now I have a stupid nVidia firewall in it that I can't get rid of.
Unread 08-10-2009, 02:34 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Unhappy Partial Words Option is selected - doesn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnils View Post
Check your Options and make sure you can search partial words.
I checked the Partial Word Option in the game options, and it IS selected, but the problem persists. I can no longer search for POIs within the "ALL" tab listing, nor search a specific POI by name in the maps, or get an X on the map at their location. Something occurred 2 days ago when I first got the error message indicating the EQ2 Map.exe generated an exception, and I can't get the maps to function now.

I am wondering if that god awful nVidia Access Manager firewall that was installed when my PC was repaired recently (after all my motherboard drivers failed and were reinstalled) may be at fault here. I can't remove that or my Internet won't work, but I don't know how to access it to force it to allow EQ2 Maps to run unhintered either. In any case, I truly miss the functionality of my EQ2 Maps, altho they do run in the game without the search capability. They are just far less useful, and it's very annoying. I'm not a programmer, just a woman who loves the game, and this program. Anyone have a solution to this very irksome problem?
Unread 08-10-2009, 04:15 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayfia View Post
Anyone have a solution to this very irksome problem?
Yes, just read the tooltip on the "All" button, I put it there for a reason.

PS: Also it's time for this one again I think:

Last edited by gm9 : 08-10-2009 at 04:18 AM.
Unread 08-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

What one to I click on first? I am confused, to many red boxes that are not numbered for sequence..
Unread 08-11-2009, 08:37 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default EQ2 Maps "All" STILL doesn't work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Yes, just read the tooltip on the "All" button, I put it there for a reason.

PS: Also it's time for this one again I think:
Sigh.. yes, I have gone into the Options in EQ2, and I have checked those boxes. I've checked to make sure they are selected 3 or 4 times. EQ2 Maps STILL is not functioning correctly.

There was a very recent update to Net 2.0 ... I don't know what version Microsoft has now, but I'm wondering if their stupid Net 2.0 program screwed up EQ2 Maps. SOME people still have Search functionality apparently (asking in game). But I don't. And some others in my guild don't. So something is wrong somewhere, and this time it isn't "operator error". I hope you can find a solution to this. Running with EQ2 Maps only 1/2 functional really sucks! (No doubt about it, I am dependent on your marvelous program, and it's awful not being able to look up POIs and get a light trail anymore!)

Oh, and the "Tool Tip" for the "All" button just shows a list of stuff, all of it grayed out and untouchable - so that's not working either.

Last edited by bayfia : 08-11-2009 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Forgot to add one comment.
Unread 08-11-2009, 09:20 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default EQ2 Map Search issue - MS Net 3.0

I discovered that Microsoft installed Net 3.0, and Net. 3.0 Svc Pack 2 on my PC. I am removing those and reinstalling EQ2 Maps after completely removing it for the 4th time, to see if getting it back to Net 2.0 will allow it to work. I'm hoping that will resolve the issue with EQ2 Map search functionality.
Unread 08-11-2009, 09:34 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

.NET is unrelated to this, and I'll still take any bet that you do not have your options as in that screenshot.
Unread 08-11-2009, 09:43 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Unhappy Option Set Up is set as in Screenshot

Quote:
.NET is unrelated to this, and I'll still take any bet that you do not have your options as in that screenshot.
Yep .. it is set as in the screenshot. Haven't tested the Map in game since removing the Microsoft Net 3.0 & 3.0 SvcPack 2, but I saw that Net 2.0 was ALSO in the list of installed programs, along with 3.0. Weird.

I"m grasping at straws trying to fix this problem myself, but I am no programmer. I'm just a gamer with a messed up map program that is ruining my day.
Unread 08-11-2009, 09:59 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default Removing Net Frame 3.0 & Svc Pack 2 failed

Quote:
Yep .. it is set as in the screenshot. Haven't tested the Map in game since removing the Microsoft Net 3.0 & 3.0 SvcPack 2, but I saw that Net 2.0 was ALSO in the list of installed programs, along with 3.0. Weird.

I"m grasping at straws trying to fix this problem myself, but I am no programmer. I'm just a gamer with a messed up map program that is ruining my day.
Well, just tested EQ2 Maps in game again.. still no search function on the ALL tab, and no way to configure it from ALL tab. (Right click produces grayed out list of options). Rechecked the Options for Map - removed check from "Search POI by Keyword" as in the screenshot example (had that checked last round of testing). Map still doesn't have search functionality. I give up. Ball's back in your court.

Last edited by bayfia : 08-11-2009 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Typing error
Unread 08-11-2009, 11:59 AM
EQ2MAP Developer
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

Quote:
still no search function on the ALL tab
Im not sure what you are trying to do, but you can't search the POI list as its a search result itself.
If no list is shown to the right , then it has not found anything.

If you have context sensitiv search checked you vill only search the current map, if you press the magnifyinglass in the lower left corner you can search that region, if you press it untill you get to the world map you should get a search result from all zones.
Unread 08-11-2009, 01:29 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Ball's back in your court.
What jnils said, "Find" is the search function. And maybe a more basic question: Do you see any POIs on your maps?
Unread 08-11-2009, 07:46 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
What jnils said, "Find" is the search function. And maybe a more basic question: Do you see any POIs on your maps?
I do see POIs on my maps, and I look at only one map (current zone I'm in) at a time. I simply cannot type in any portion of a POI name.. or a whole POI name either, and then get an X on the map anymore. Nor can I click on the ALL tab at the top of the map, and see a full list of all POIs with waypoint coordinates .. which used to appear on the right side of map in black). That tab doesn't work anymore. Nor can I find map coordinates by typing in part or all of a POI the way I used to.

This failure occurred the morning I got an error msg window saying something about the EQ2map.exe - I can't remember the detail of that msg tho.
Unread 08-12-2009, 03:27 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Last idea I have: Find your UI folder (Everquest II\UI\Name of your UI) and delete the \POI folder therein (while you are at it you could also delete the \eq2map2 folder). Then run the EQ2MAP updater and restart the game.
Unread 08-12-2009, 08:04 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Default Problem Solved! All Tab working, Maps working!

Quote:
Last idea I have: Find your UI folder (Everquest II\UI\Name of your UI) and delete the \POI folder therein (while you are at it you could also delete the \eq2map2 folder). Then run the EQ2MAP updater and restart the game.
HOORAY! I virtually watched the maps return to normal function last night!

After reading the questions from a few of you regarding my game map status yesterday, AND after deleting the POI folder, the EQ2 Map folder, uninstalling the NET Framework 3.0 & Service Pack 1/2 ... I ran the EQ2 Map installer again. THen I went in game, and looked at the maps, which had virtually NO POI's on them. Right clicked on the ALL Tab, opened the POI window there (All grayed out because every single POI class was checked .. NOT by me, I never touched that window before examining it several times for this problem). Examined that window carefully, chose option to UNCHECK ALL classes in that window. The POI options went to black from gray. I shut the window.

A moment later, checked the map, and BOOM .. the ALL tab functioned, all the POI's appeared on the map, and the maps are back to normal.

Somehow, when the program failed that first day during updates (a few days back), all of those POI filter boxes were checked (apparently). Never having used that window, I didn't know about it until your notes suggested looking at it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and questions. Will share what I know with those in my guild who have same problem. (Antonia Bayle Server)

MANY THANKS for your patience and your suggestions!
Unread 08-12-2009, 08:11 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

EQ2MAP does not change/influence your POI filter settings in any way so if these get messed up for several people it seems to be a game bug.

Glad you got it solved however!