EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Closed Thread
Unread 06-20-2008, 02:16 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

The file eq2ui_journals.xml isn't need in your CustomUI folder, unless there is a custom file listed there (which would be from an older version of the Info Center)

This extra black box window is a strange thing. Hopefully when I push my latest release out, which has some stuff changed around, this problem might go away all together. It's just kinda strange.
Unread 07-03-2008, 05:58 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

A new update for the InfoCenter will be popping up soon. Been working on it here and there.

It took me 'til just now to realize I wasn't closing ANY of my text <include> tags, even after gm9 stated it in like the 4th post.... Shame on me!

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 07-03-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Unread 07-05-2008, 01:51 PM
A Griffon
Featured

An update has been uploaded for the Info Center. See the first post for information.

Unread 07-29-2008, 11:27 PM
A Griffon
Featured

With the newest version of the InfoCenter I attempted to try a method for the window to remember what tab/page that you're on when closing the window.

I decided to hide the defautl "Close" button, and put in a custom one which issues a "hide_window Custom.InfoCenter" command.

It seemed to work well for me, and was hoping it would work well for all. Some are experiencing problems not being able to close the window. I tried modifying the code to issue the command twice, to see if it helped.

Basically I'm looking for some testers to say if it works or doesn't work for them, so I can figure out what will end up working for everyone.

The minimize/restore button works well, and this is the only thing left to really "tweak" for the window.
Unread 07-30-2008, 01:36 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I always had the hide_window code for the InfoCenter in my startbutton and I can say that I never had a problem with it myself or reported by users. Same goes for other windows where I use the same technique (e.g. browser window). /shrug

Are you sure those with issues don't still have parts of Milquetowst's InfoCenter in their system?
Unread 07-30-2008, 02:12 AM
A Griffon
Featured

It's a good possibility. I try to stress the "remove completely any old installations" but ya know how that goes....

It's just hard to tell because 90% of the time, users only comment when things don't work, hehe.
Unread 08-11-2008, 12:42 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Test
Default unable to close

ok.. I've not been able to close the infocenter by way of the x button, however I found a way to close it. It would seem that right clicking anywhere on the window and adding the close option to the popup window that comes up will close the window.

Anyone not able to close the infocenter just edit the top line of this file "eq2ui_custom_infocenter.xml", that looks like this

"<Page Activated="true" allowcloseontop="false" eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Location="166,199" MinimumSize="620,250" Name="InfoCenter" OnShow="TabPages.Miscellaneous.visible=true&#xD;&#xA;OnShow=&apos; &apos;" ScrollExtent="700,410" Size="700,410" UserMovable="true" UserResizable="true" version="1.0">

to this
<Page Activated="true" allowcloseontop="true" eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Location="166,199" MinimumSize="620,250" Name="InfoCenter" OnShow="TabPages.Miscellaneous.visible=true&#xD;&#xA;OnShow=&apos; &apos;" ScrollExtent="700,410" Size="700,410" UserMovable="true" UserResizable="true" version="1.0">

Save it and close it, then log back into game.

When ye right click within the window the close option will be there and allow ye to close the window.

Signature created by Seagoat..
Unread 08-11-2008, 02:11 PM
A Griffon
Featured

The reason this value is set to False, is so that the ESC key will not close the window.

Keep your eyes peeled, as I'm going to revert the Close button back to normal, so that it has the default X button. Right now it's a custom button in which to trick the UI to hiding the window, instead of closing it.

If people need to keep their current location in the info center, then they will just have to minimize. hehe.
Unread 08-11-2008, 04:41 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I still think the /hide_window issue is for people who did not install correctly to the Custom tree or have several instances of the InfoCenter. Have you considered to work around that by - instead of using /hide_window - simply setting Parent.Visibility=false instead? That way you'd be independent of the how they installed it.
Unread 08-11-2008, 08:17 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
I still think the /hide_window issue is for people who did not install correctly to the Custom tree or have several instances of the InfoCenter. Have you considered to work around that by - instead of using /hide_window - simply setting Parent.Visibility=false instead? That way you'd be independent of the how they installed it.
Good call. I'll do this first. Now I'm wondering why I didn't think of that in the first place.
Unread 08-23-2008, 04:00 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Back from vacation.
Uploaded new version with the new Close button method.
Unread 09-20-2008, 11:59 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default I need help please!

Hi! I love the concept behind this but I can't get it to work. I've never had InfoCenter before, so this is a first-time install. I unzipped it to the Custom_UI folder, kept the file structure intact, and renamed the eq2ui_custom_optional.xml to eq2ui_custom.xml as directed. When I go into the EQ2 button I see no additional button for InfoCenter and when I try /show_window Custom.InfoCenter that doesn't work either. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'd REALLY like to get this to work properly for me. Thanks in advance!
Unread 09-20-2008, 12:17 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMorgana View Post
Hi! I love the concept behind this but I can't get it to work. I've never had InfoCenter before, so this is a first-time install. I unzipped it to the Custom_UI folder, kept the file structure intact, and renamed the eq2ui_custom_optional.xml to eq2ui_custom.xml as directed. When I go into the EQ2 button I see no additional button for InfoCenter and when I try /show_window Custom.InfoCenter that doesn't work either. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'd REALLY like to get this to work properly for me. Thanks in advance!
Do you have the eq2.ini setup for your Custom_UI folder? if not, check the FAQ here:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/f...q_new_faq_item

and thank you for you're detailed information, it helps out when people explain what they have done/tried already
Unread 09-20-2008, 02:13 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I have a separate jmui folder for another UI piece I use, which is currently working. Can I take that and put it in that main Custom UI folder as well? And if so, how do I modify my eq2.ini to match? I changed eq2.ini when I started using the other piece, which is a modded xp bar. Thanks for all your help!
Unread 09-20-2008, 02:23 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

just put everything into your existing \jmui
Unread 09-20-2008, 02:26 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
just put everything into your existing \jmui
What gm said^

When the instructions say to unzip to your customUI folder, it doesn't specifically mean that, but just whatever folder you may be using. So yes, just unzip the compilation into your already existing folder.
Unread 11-16-2008, 12:25 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Currently does not appear to work. I've removed everything in my custom UI directory and tried this alone by itself and it brought up a blackish window. When adjusting the sliders (background, frame, etc.) I could see there is the outline of what is probably supposed to be there, but nothing is in those spots. Tried multiple times with different mods and it does NOT work with any mods at all (standalone, no journal). If installed with just about anything else, the infocenter will show up on the start button list, but will not do anything when clicked (it does close the startmenu as if something was clicked, but that's it).

Has a patch bugged something in this? I had it working in ProfitsUI a few months ago (5 or 6).
Unread 11-16-2008, 12:53 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I think gm9 said somewhere that my InfoCenter is incompatiable with ProfitUI but I've got no clue currently.

Make sure you have your eq2ui_custom.xml file setup correctly. That part is very important.
Unread 11-16-2008, 12:57 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
I think gm9 said somewhere that my InfoCenter is incompatiable with ProfitUI but I've got no clue currently.
It's incompatible insofar as it is integrated into ProfitUI, both with XML and path changes, which means installing your download in addition without removing the integrated InfoCenter will produce the black window. But the actual information in the InfoCenter is pretty much identical between our versions (haven't recently checked your updates though).
Unread 11-16-2008, 03:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Sorry I wasn't clearer, I am not using Profit UI currently. The big problem is that it did not even work alone by itself. Would like it to run with the minor mods I do have though. Any reason why it might not pop up when clicking the button? Here is my custom file:

Quote:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Page IgnoreTab="false" ismodule="true" Name="Custom" PackSize="1,1" PackSizeProp="0002/0003,0002/0003" ScrollExtent="1024,768" Size="1024,768" Visible="false">
<include>eq2ui_custom_poifinder.xml</include>
<include>eq2ui_custom_infocenter.xml</include>
<include>InfoCenter/includes.xml</include>
</Page>
Here is my mainhud_startmenu file:

Quote:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Page Activated="true" allowcloseontop="true" alwaysontop="true" eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Location="268,440" MaximumSize="1024,1024" Name="StartMenu" ScrollExtent="192,84" Size="192,84">
<Page BackgroundColor="#FFFFFF" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Location="10,12" Name="New Page" RStyleDefault="/FrameStyles.single_pixel" ScrollExtent="28,28" Size="28,28" />
<Button Location="38,12" Margin="10,0,0,0" Name="InfoCenterButton" OnPress="show_window Custom.InfoCenter&#xD;&#xA;togglestartmenu" PressSound=" " ScrollExtent="138,28" Size="138,28" Style="/ButtonStyles.start_menu">Info Center</Button>
<Image Location="10,12" Name="InfoCenterIcon" ScrollExtent="28,28" Size="28,28" SourceRect="42,42,84,84" SourceResource="images/icons/icon_ms1.dds" />
<Button Location="38,39" Margin="10,0,0,0" Name="ButtonTemplate" PressSound=" " ScrollExtent="138,28" Size="138,28" Style="/ButtonStyles.start_menu" Visible="false">:3b7bf4adff86467e:ButtonTemplate</Button>
<Icon BackgroundTint="#000000" IconStyle="/IconStyles.button" Location="10,39" MouseOverColor="#FFFF00" Name="IconTemplate" PackSize="fixed,fixed" ScrollExtent="28,28" Size="28,28" TreatAsButton="true" Visible="false" />
<Image Location="1,-12" Name="ManaDoohickeyTop" ScrollExtent="187,15" Size="187,15" SourceRect="325,0,512,15" SourceResource="/images/Window_elements_specific.dds" Visible="false" />
<Image Location="1,79" Name="ManaDoohickeyBottom" PackLocation="left,bottom" Rotation="0.500" ScrollExtent="187,15" Size="187,15" SourceRect="325,0,512,15" SourceResource="/images/Window_elements_specific.dds" Visible="false" />
<Page BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Location="2,2" Name="WC_Frame" PackLocation="top,left" PackSize="a,a" RStyleDefault="/FrameStyles.win_gold_plain" ScrollExtent="188,79" Size="188,79" />
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Location="4,3" Name="WC_Backdrop" PackLocation="top,left" PackSize="a,a" ScrollExtent="179,73" Size="179,73" />
</Page>
The infocenter button appears on the menu, but does nothing when clicked.

Last edited by Moocats : 11-16-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Unread 11-16-2008, 04:24 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Is your eq2ui_custom.xml named correctly? The one supplied in the ZIP file needs to be renamed after being extracted. Just double checking
Unread 11-28-2008, 03:48 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Updates coming "soon" for added content, etc, for the new expansion...
Unread 11-30-2008, 07:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I just installed your journal and it works with that one...however I have no text in the content area. All the buttons are there and working fine, but the content area just shows a message such as:

Parent.Parent.Parent.Infocenter...etc.etc.

Any clues?
Unread 11-30-2008, 07:51 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Apparently this "rare case" is not nearly as rare as it used to be because I'm number two:

Quote:
If you're using a UI that has the eq2ui.xml file you need to make sure that <include>eq2ui_custom.xml</include> is added to the list.

Mine wasn't and I spent a couple hours this morning trying to figure out why the InfoCenter wouldn't work.

I'm probably a rare case...but it's worth a mention.
Find this tidbit on the main thread (the "not supposed to be support" thread). FIXED IT INSTANTLY. This was probably the problem the whole time.

PLEASE ADD THIS HELPFUL HINT TO YOUR MAIN TEXT AREA IF YOU WANT MORE PEOPLE TO USE YOUR INFOCENTER!
Unread 11-30-2008, 10:52 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Glad you got it fixed.

I can't really help old UI's being outdated and not having that line of code. However, I will take your advise and add this useful tidbit for others to see.
Closed Thread