EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 08-01-2012, 09:13 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Unkown
Send a message via Yahoo to Gardee Send a message via Skype™ to Gardee
Default Backdrop change please

can one of profit devs please get back to me in private message to give me the codes what ever to change the colour of backdrop pleasde seeign in EQ 2 its called that iwould call it back ground colour ,,,yes i am talking about the eye strain giving BLACK back drop
anyone with sight probs know thqat black back drop absorbs colours and causes severe eye strain and can cause sezures and migraine !!
so i would appreciate soem help please
Unread 08-01-2012, 09:31 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Run the updater. Under the Settings menu, select Variants. Click the pull-down menu at the top and scroll down until you can select Skins. There are 3 patterns, each in a variety of colors. There's a Preview button lit when one's selected, that'll let you see roughly what the color and pattern will look like. Double-click one to select it (the currently-selected one will highlight in green).

If you can view .dds files (eg. with IrfanView), you can see the actual background files. You'll need to double-click the colors you want to download the zipfile, then go to UI/ProfitUI/images/skinpacks. There'll be a folder for each pattern (default, default variant 1, classic) and the downloaded zipfiles will be in there. Go into them and look at windowelements.dds, that gives the biggest patch of pattern/color.
Unread 08-02-2012, 01:38 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
Run the updater. Under the Settings menu, select Variants. Click the pull-down menu at the top and scroll down until you can select Skins. There are 3 patterns, each in a variety of colors. There's a Preview button lit when one's selected, that'll let you see roughly what the color and pattern will look like. Double-click one to select it (the currently-selected one will highlight in green).

If you can view .dds files (eg. with IrfanView), you can see the actual background files. You'll need to double-click the colors you want to download the zipfile, then go to UI/ProfitUI/images/skinpacks. There'll be a folder for each pattern (default, default variant 1, classic) and the downloaded zipfiles will be in there. Go into them and look at windowelements.dds, that gives the biggest patch of pattern/color.
Only one set of those skin packs is up to date. I forget which one I went through and fixed. I'm sure it is in a thread on here somewhere or in the changelog.

Silat
Unread 08-02-2012, 03:21 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
Only one set of those skin packs is up to date. I forget which one I went through and fixed. I'm sure it is in a thread on here somewhere or in the changelog.

Silat
Hmm. And I don't have any clue what the workflow was for retinting them (I'm assuming there's one shading layer that controls brightness/intensity and that gets laid over a background of the desired color to give the patterned final image) and I don't have any of the original files. I'm moderately good with Gimp and Photoshop, so if there's master files around with everything separated into layers I can probably regenerate/retint things. Are there any master files, or are the only ones available the ones in the download?

Oh, I found the note. February 2011, the Default skins were updated, the Classic and Variant 1 weren't.
Unread 08-02-2012, 08:52 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

PM me your email address and I will send you the photoshop files that GM9 sent me.

Silat