EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 10-22-2005, 10:35 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

Sigh, SOE !@#$'d there's up then fixed it by changing the data i'm assuming.
I'll take a look at it today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeether
For some reason my compass is wrong. When I stand facing east the compass tells me south. I don't have my view pointed in the wrong direction and , I have tried to delete the thor ui folder and let the updater pull the files again. When I go back to the standard EQ interface the compass is right. Can you plese help?
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 10-22-2005, 10:53 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default no 'advanced' button

great ui, thanks for your hard work
want to adjust some aspects of it to suit my playstyle, but there isnt an
'advanced button' on my updater. looks like the window needs to be resized to show it, but it wont let me resize it. was also wondering if there was an ingame window to adjust aspects of thorui.

my apologies if this has been asked already, dont have time to read through all the threads

Thanks again
Unread 10-22-2005, 01:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
Mine is working fine.
Recommend you try again to see if perhaps they had an issue thats now resolved.
If it still doesn't work...
Do the typical, delete the EverQuest II\UI\thorui folder and redownload all UI files

Let us know what your findings are

Well, I deleted the folder and and downloaded the new UI files using the updater and it it the same. The window itself shows perfectly, just no info. It's like I have never sent in a help request, but I have sent probably 4-5 in the last week alone. I do have my settings in the advanced section of the updater set at "enhanced" for the help section. But I wouldn't think that would have anything to do with it.

Like I mentioned earlier, I did have a couple in there, but they are not showing up now. I can't really remember if I changed any settings when they disappeared.

Thanks again for the help....
Unread 10-22-2005, 03:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Up Thank you!

Thanks a bunch for the help! Going to fix it now!

Crystyl
Unread 10-22-2005, 05:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I also noticed the compass bug, thanks for looking into it so quickly!

I've found another issue, which may very well just be me not knowing how to fix it.

I have an inventory overflowing message that I can't get rid of. I cleaned out a few spaces, but it's still there. You know how the item that's overflowing your inventory appears on your paperdoll image on the regular UI? I'm not getting that, so I can't place said item into my inventory to get rid of the message. I just need to find the item that's screwing up my inventory!

Thanks for any help!
Unread 10-22-2005, 05:34 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiti
I also noticed the compass bug, thanks for looking into it so quickly!

I've found another issue, which may very well just be me not knowing how to fix it.

I have an inventory overflowing message that I can't get rid of. I cleaned out a few spaces, but it's still there. You know how the item that's overflowing your inventory appears on your paperdoll image on the regular UI? I'm not getting that, so I can't place said item into my inventory to get rid of the message. I just need to find the item that's screwing up my inventory!

Thanks for any help!

If you're using the 'slim' inventory window (the one besides Jaxel's included in this UI), you can clear the overflow slot by opening the inventory window completely (click on the circle in the upper left corner) to be able to see the overflow slot (lower right corner). I just double click on the icon in the slot to auto-move it to an empty inventory/bag slot (not sure if you can manually move it by dragging it to an open slot or not). You can also destroy it directly from the slot, too.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 10-22-2005, 06:13 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks for the reply, I'll try that

Edit: Yep, another case of user error Thanks for the info.... and the great UI mod

Last edited by Saiti : 10-22-2005 at 07:32 PM.
Unread 10-22-2005, 09:25 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default found it

Well, got back and had a little more time to search through the threads, found the answer so disregard my last post, thx anyway
Unread 10-23-2005, 11:36 AM
A Sea Turtle

I've noticed that the little sword icon that appears next to the group members' names is now a black box. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks in adance.
Unread 10-23-2005, 11:49 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluja000
Maybe this is something having to do with Update #15 that hasn't been resolved, but my map window has changed, and not really for the better. The grid effect is gone, and that I don't mind, but more important is the fact that on many maps a number of icons have disappeared, and on the maps that have all their icons, the icons are much smaller than they used to be, like maybe 2 pixels across. It's very hard to mouse over them now. Are there some settings I need to change, or is there just an issue that hasn't been fixed yet concerning the latest update?
I am having the exact same problems, alot of POI's are gone. Thanks for any help and keep up the great work Fateyl
Unread 10-23-2005, 01:02 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Runnyeye

is any one else haveing zoneing probs? Like locking up or taking forever?

Especially on leaving trade instances or Homes?

Sometimes i have to /exit to carry on
Unread 10-23-2005, 01:45 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystyl
First of all I would like to say awesome job. You make it easy for people to use custom UI's, something I'd given up on because of having people create but never update. Thank you both so much for your hard work.

I added the fancy camp button feature where you are supposed to be able to quickly change characters, but all the "character" buttons only say character and pressing any of them gives me an error message that the game can't find the world server after it camps out, and then I have to quit to desktop. I'm sure there is some info the file is missing but I'm not sure how to add it, or whatever needs to be done. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Crystyl of Lavastorm

Hi,

Make sure you press the "..." button next to this option so you can see what the author says. Each feature has it's own help page and I typically link the help page directly to the author's detail page for the mod.
Unread 10-23-2005, 02:39 PM
A Brown Bear

I'm having that compass problem too. It's been like that for a couple days. The patch notes for the game on the 20th said something about resizing the compass to fix it, but I tried that with the ThorUI compass and it still says "W" when I'm facing north.
Unread 10-23-2005, 04:34 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

I adjusted the compass yesterday.
Did you run the AU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenoc
I'm having that compass problem too. It's been like that for a couple days. The patch notes for the game on the 20th said something about resizing the compass to fix it, but I tried that with the ThorUI compass and it still says "W" when I'm facing north.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 10-23-2005, 07:18 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Hey Gang!

I have just uploaded a new version up auto-update. This contains the "Do Not Update edited files" option I've been promising. Also, I have changed the GUI to let those users with large fonts / DPI settings to still get to the advanced options.

Just run AU and it will patch itself.

This should address most of the common issues we've been seeing on the board.
Unread 10-23-2005, 08:20 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default My thoughts.

A good UI I suppose, but it doesn't take advantage of a few key elements that I feel are important in a UI. You don't have half sized inventory, Effects, Maintained, or hotkey bars. This does not please me. I have decided to stop using it. Nice updater though, good idea. Little too flashy for my tastes, guess I'm a purist. Like my elements as unobtrusive as possible.
Unread 10-23-2005, 09:42 PM
Human Paladin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Kithicor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNice
Hey Gang!

I have just uploaded a new version up auto-update. This contains the "Do Not Update edited files" option I've been promising. Also, I have changed the GUI to let those users with large fonts / DPI settings to still get to the advanced options.

Just run AU and it will patch itself.

This should address most of the common issues we've been seeing on the board.
Thanks for that MrNice. I've had comments about my quick change shutdown window being overwritten when updating. This will help out tons!
Unread 10-23-2005, 09:58 PM
A Coastal Crab

Unhappy

I would like give a quick thanks for the excellent work you have done. I have just begun to use your ui but I am already I am finding it a huge help. I am having one problem however. I am unable to see or find my Heroic Opportunities window when I start a chain. I set the ui up with your settings files and everything is as it should be except this. My windows are'nt allowed to be set off screen so I don't know why I can't get this window to show up. I've tried searching elsewhere for a solution but have found none yet. Any help you can find would be greatly appreciated.
Unread 10-23-2005, 10:17 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Two quick things.

First off, thanks for the all the good work. ThorUI keeps getting better and better! I have two questions.

For earlier versions, you had a screenshot where interface elements were captioned. Hotbars had descriptions for them (buffs, utility, etc.) I just think it would be good to have this information included as part of the help for those completely new to ThorUI. For those considering using your default window placements, it would do much to explain the "What do I use 6 hotbars for anyway?" question, that you alluded to (For those that don't need 6 hotbars, delete the middle two...)

In the current version, is there documentation for how to use the Custom Video Presets? Specifically, how to create your own three sets to replace the defaults?

Be seeing you...

---> TBC (Templar, Brigand, Conjurer)
Unread 10-23-2005, 11:56 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Thank you for your thoughts however all of those features are indeed included and available in the features section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anacrhonomicon
A good UI I suppose, but it doesn't take advantage of a few key elements that I feel are important in a UI. You don't have half sized inventory, Effects, Maintained, or hotkey bars. This does not please me. I have decided to stop using it. Nice updater though, good idea. Little too flashy for my tastes, guess I'm a purist. Like my elements as unobtrusive as possible.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 10-23-2005, 11:58 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Thank you, I will try to bring those screenshots back
The instructions are in the feature section for the start button. (Press the "..." button

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Curso
First off, thanks for the all the good work. ThorUI keeps getting better and better! I have two questions.

For earlier versions, you had a screenshot where interface elements were captioned. Hotbars had descriptions for them (buffs, utility, etc.) I just think it would be good to have this information included as part of the help for those completely new to ThorUI. For those considering using your default window placements, it would do much to explain the "What do I use 6 hotbars for anyway?" question, that you alluded to (For those that don't need 6 hotbars, delete the middle two...)

In the current version, is there documentation for how to use the Custom Video Presets? Specifically, how to create your own three sets to replace the defaults?

Be seeing you...

---> TBC (Templar, Brigand, Conjurer)
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 10-24-2005, 12:01 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

If you were to delete your "window placement file" for that character, it would revert you back to the default SOE window placments.
The file should look similar to this: UNREST_faetyl_eq2_uisettings.ini

Be sure to backup your current.
You may then use the window placements wizard to overwrite with the preset provided. Just note you must have the files selected in order to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelcircuit
I would like give a quick thanks for the excellent work you have done. I have just begun to use your ui but I am already I am finding it a huge help. I am having one problem however. I am unable to see or find my Heroic Opportunities window when I start a chain. I set the ui up with your settings files and everything is as it should be except this. My windows are'nt allowed to be set off screen so I don't know why I can't get this window to show up. I've tried searching elsewhere for a solution but have found none yet. Any help you can find would be greatly appreciated.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 10-24-2005, 10:30 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Missing background color

I haven't seen this problem mentioned, and I was waiting for a program update to see if it would be addressed, but after receiving the new program update, I still have the same problem. I'll post a screenie of it, and you can see for yourself. I am using Firefox as my default browser, can't believe I'm the only one using it and thorui, maybe thats not the problem, but thought I'd mention it since I can see htm coding where I shouldn't. Without further ado, the screenie with the problem:

After the initial screen there in black font, it switches to white font on white background, no can read. Not a big deal, but pretty ugly. And yes, I did compress the pic before uploading, that's why the pixelation.... it all still works, just looks ugly. Any ideas or help??

Last edited by ShadowMaster : 10-24-2005 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Subscribed to post
Unread 10-24-2005, 04:09 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMaster
I haven't seen this problem mentioned, and I was waiting for a program update to see if it would be addressed, but after receiving the new program update, I still have the same problem. I'll post a screenie of it, and you can see for yourself. I am using Firefox as my default browser, can't believe I'm the only one using it and thorui, maybe thats not the problem, but thought I'd mention it since I can see htm coding where I shouldn't. Without further ado, the screenie with the problem:

Picture omitted, as it is the original post above

After the initial screen there in black font, it switches to white font on white background, no can read. Not a big deal, but pretty ugly. And yes, I did compress the pic before uploading, that's why the pixelation.... it all still works, just looks ugly. Any ideas or help??
I can vouch for your issue not being caused by using Firefox as your default browser, since I also use Firefox and do not have any problems with the AU.

Even though MrNice has recently updated the AU to correct the issue, it looks like you are running with a high DPI setting and large fonts (could also be a video driver thing). Try looking back a page or two in this thread (about 1/3 or 1/2 way down on page 10, or look for posts #234 - 236 in case your number of posts per page is different than mine) for a brief discussion on a very similar matter.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 10-24-2005, 05:26 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMaster

I developed AUto Updater on my machine, which uses Firefox as a default. As another helpful user pointed out it's probably your font settings. Also, check your info.html file in c:\program files \thorui directory. Sometimes that gets corrupted. Just delete it and see if it gets re-written correctly next time you load.