No. I like the current setup. 27 42.86%
Yes. Keep it simple and compact like Boho. 19 30.16%
Yes. Lots of Frills. Space isn't an issue. Like Fenix Arcane. 6 9.52%
Yes. I'd like an integrated HUD like TyeJae's. 11 17.46%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 03-12-2005, 02:12 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

Hmmm i was wondering if its possible to get 2 decimals on the current exp percentage instaed of todays one on the expbar?

Gotta say i LOVE the expbar. Extreamly nice work.
Unread 03-13-2005, 04:40 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulairi
Hmmm i was wondering if its possible to get 2 decimals on the current exp percentage instaed of todays one on the expbar?

Gotta say i LOVE the expbar. Extreamly nice work.
Not unless SOE changes something. Currently the decimal is generated via the amount to next bubble, which returns the last whole didget of XP and 1 decimal didget (without the decimal point).

We wind up having to crop stuff and sandwitch 3 elements together to make it look like 1 number.

Glad you like the XP window. The new version (coming soon) is even slicker
Unread 03-16-2005, 02:58 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Hi again,

sorry for the late reply but i wanted to let you know that i only get 11 Icons to display and yes the maintained spells/skills bar is long enough to capture/show more.

Hope SoE fixes this 12 icons limit soon enough so that pet classes can actualy use there fluff spells and keep horse maintained + those pet buffs and actualy see there dot's in compat but thats not your fault Zonx, keep the nice work going =)

l8r
Unread 03-16-2005, 10:14 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

FetishNightfall
FetishNightfall Beta page. FetishNightfall is the next rev of FetishCombo, with every functioning window reskined and optimized, plus a slew of optional files.

Last edited by Zonx : 03-18-2005 at 08:12 AM.
Unread 03-21-2005, 02:27 PM
A Sea Turtle

Default Issue with Fetish 2.5 and live patch #5

With today's patch there iss an issue when you try to examine something from your inventory. The game will crash back to desktop.
Unread 03-21-2005, 07:19 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Looking at the latest changes from SOE now. Apparently this patch broke the Examine windows and includes the anticipated mail and maintained spells updates. A COMPLETE replacement for FetishCombo will be uploaded ASAP. The set will be renamed to FetishClassic

Note: FetishClassic will recieve minimal support going forward. I encourage folks to download FetishNightfall. FetishNightfall will be the new foundation for Fetish mods. I plan to include alternate themes for this set.
Unread 03-21-2005, 07:26 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Mistmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Note: FetishClassic will recieve minimal support going forward. I encourage folks to download FetishNightfall. FetishNightfall will be the new foundation for Fetish mods. I plan to include alternate themes for this set.
Alternate themes? Wow. With as nice as the current theme is, I can hardly wait to see what other themes you come up with.
Unread 03-22-2005, 12:50 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hi, I was using your fetishcombo 2.5 and I must say it's the most complete and informative gui I have ever come across. I posted a link to it on our guild site and everyone that went and downloaded it echoed my opinion pretty much.
However, I do have a problem now. Since the last patch, I did a turn-in for an item/coin reward and not only did I immediately crash to desktop, but was also denied login on that character with the same error. I removed the xxx_examine file to see if that fixed it, unfortunately it did not. A guildie suggested deleting the eq2.ini file, which fixed the problem. So now I am forced to use the default crappy gui which gives me a headache just looking at it after about five minutes.

The error message I got was as follows:

EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.

<verify> E:\test\eq2\game\client\UI\src\Eq2GuiRewardPackWindow.cpp (161):m_pFactionText &&*m_pFactionText was NULL*

Hope this helps with your work in making this already awesome gui better and better.

Last edited by derghodaemon : 03-22-2005 at 12:52 AM.
Unread 03-22-2005, 01:02 AM
A Sea Turtle

Note: FetishNightfall will be the new foundation for Fetish mods. I plan to include alternate themes for this set.[/quote]

That is good as I prefer the classic color scheme over the nighfall color scheme. I hope you will include that at one of your themes.
Unread 03-22-2005, 08:25 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Just curious if you are going to keep updating your inventory mod? I absolutely love it, but am having problems with the eq2ui_fonts.xml file since last patch.. I also like the way the one in your new UI has the stats button even when shrunk.. i'm really just wondering if you are going to keep your inventory mod runnin.. thanks
Unread 03-22-2005, 09:01 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Individual pieces will be updated after both complete sets are done, though some may use the NightFall theme if its to much hassle to maintain 2 styles for a particular window. There's a decent chance I'll be adding more stand alone pieces.
Unread 03-23-2005, 03:08 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

ok after the patch on the 21st, i had to remove my fonts.xml file. I have since gotten the updated version of quickarial font pack and reinstalled. However, on your inventory window, i lost the icons for the zoom in/out and for the dock button?? Any ideas what might have happend? or what i might have to add to the font.xml file to get those to show? Everything else is now working great, just looks retarded with out the logo's in there
thanks

Also installed your tareget windows and the %'s don't show up, either do lvls or class.

i opened your fonts.xml and copied all the <include> stuff over, but that didn't work either..
boo SOE!!!

Last edited by Ricki : 03-23-2005 at 05:58 PM.
Unread 03-23-2005, 03:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default XP bar

Yap same here, i remove my eq2uifont and now repalced it with the new updated versio. But now my experience bar doesn't show any more font at all, so i can't tell how much xp I currently have or how much vit I have left.
Is it only me ?
Unread 03-23-2005, 10:41 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Adding the following 2 lines of code to eq2ui_fonts.xml should solve 90% of the font issues with FetishCombo2.5 and pieces.
Code:
<TextStyle Algorithm="Bold" FontName="Arial" Language="english" Leading="-2" Name="FontZapf14" PointSize="14" UseCachedFont="true"/>
<TextStyle Algorithm="Simple" FontName="Arial" Language="english" Leading="-2" Name="FontZapf12" PointSize="12" UseCachedFont="true"/>
Insert this emediately after the opening <Namespace Name="Fonts"> line.

Reverting to default fonts may cause some text clipping in spots, but this tweak should at least get the invisible stuff to display.

All the new stuff I'll be releasing uses a dedicated name space, so there shouldn't be any future conflicts with SOE style and font files
Unread 03-23-2005, 11:43 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks for the fast reply Zonx,

that work like a charm
Unread 03-24-2005, 09:26 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by derghodaemon

The error message I got was as follows:

EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.

<verify> E:\test\eq2\game\client\UI\src\Eq2GuiRewardPackWindow.cpp (161):m_pFactionText &&*m_pFactionText was NULL*
I also received this error yesterday (with my own game path of course). Wasn't able to log back in until I deleted all the files in my custom UI folder either (the error would appear as soon as I clicked on my character on the select screen).

Do we know which file is causing this yet?
Unread 03-24-2005, 01:21 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Mistmoore

Buff Icons are broken on Fetish Tradeskill 2.5 since 21st patch.
Unread 03-25-2005, 08:58 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Yes this set will continue to be supported under a new title FetishClassic. However, I encourage you all to try FetishNightfall since it will be the foundation for all future Fetish mods.

I'll be working on FetishClassic as soon as Nightfall is officially released (about 1 week fro now). Some new features from Nightfall will be ported back to Classic, but not all.

Individual pieces from Classic will be update after both sets are done.

I do plan to release a "Classic like" theme for Nightfall in the future if you're not wild about the Nightfall color scheme.

In the meantime, things you can do to troubleshoot 2.5

You'll want to make the font changes noted above. You'll also want to delete several files broken by recent patches if found in your Fetish directory. Off the top of my head, these include:
eq2ui_inventory_bag.xml
eq2ui_examine.xml
eq2ui_gamedata.xml
eq2ui_IconStyles.xml
eq2ui_ImageStyles.xml
eq2ui_loginscene.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_death.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_inspectplayer.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml
eq2ui_newcharscene.xml
eq2ui_playerhousing.xml
eq2ui_popup.xml
eq2ui_popup_feedback.xml
eq2ui_popup_rewardpack.xml
eq2ui_popup_setprice.xml
eq2ui_popup_zoneteleporter.xml
eq2ui_ShadowStyles.xml
eq2ui_TextboxStyles.xml

The following files need editing
eq2ui_fonts.xml replace with default file and insert 2 lines of code provided above.
eq2ui_mainhud.xml needs includes added for both new mail windows.

The following files have minor issues that can be ignored for now
eq2ui.xml needs an include added for new SplitterStyles (unneeded until Journal is updated).
eq2ui_inventory_inventory.xml lvl display is broken
eq2ui_journals_active.xml trival positioning tweak
eq2ui_journals_quest.xml new Splitter sizing feature missing
eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml lvl display is broken
eq2ui_tradeskills.xml buffbar is broken
Unread 03-29-2005, 04:10 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Fetish Nightfall Full Release is now available for download.

Fetish Classic is now available for download.

This thread is now dedicated to supporting FetishPieces.

Last edited by Zonx : 03-31-2005 at 03:53 AM.
Unread 03-30-2005, 10:42 PM
An Undead Settler

hey Zonx,
I dont use your full fetish combo's but i have picked and played with multiple ui peices from Eq2 Interface and one of the pieces i am using the FetishTargets v2.5 got buged with the last major update from SoE... it wasn't the UI peices fault tho but because it was using a custom eq2ui_fonts.xml it prevented me from using text boxes in other windows like the broker and house visit windows... so i was forced to remove it from my custom ui folder and when i did obvously it removed the level, heroic, class, and %'s from the target window... so i'm just wondering if your gonna come up with a fix that doesn't require me making all my fonts arial and doesn't interfear with other components of SoE's default UI
Unread 03-31-2005, 03:56 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Font patch for XPExtreme uploaded.

You might want to switch to XPTurbo as its less likely to interfear with other mods.
Unread 03-31-2005, 04:19 AM
A Grizzled Badger

It would be nice to have the coordinates on there on the clock-compass you just uploaded - but I really don't see how you could do that given the display area is already pretty full. Still, if you can figure a way, this would be great as a stand alone.

Is there a way to point me at how to get /loc data? I might take a shot at this on my own as a learning project.
Unread 03-31-2005, 04:27 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

/GameData.Self.Location
Provides location text, updated every few seconds. Its MUCH slower than the tooltip update so wasn't included in my version.

Should be fairly easy to increase the Page, WC_Backdrop, and WC_frame height to accomodate a DynamicData text object at the bottom of either the clock or compass window. Compass is probably a better choice since its wider
Unread 03-31-2005, 05:14 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Hmmmm 3.0 looks VERY cool

Think you have a new user soon
Unread 03-31-2005, 07:54 AM
Wrath of Evil
Premium Member

Server: Everfrost

Very nice work, Zonx!