EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 08-02-2013, 10:34 PM
A Grove Wisp

Unhappy Hotkeys Freeze / Disabled

Hello. I'm a new user of DrumsUI and have really enjoyed it. However, I continue to have a problem with hotkeys: They become unclickable after a time in game, and the only way to fix this is to camp out and back in. This isn't too much of a problem if I'm soloing, but for a templar it's a big problem if in a group or raid!

If anyone else has had this problem and can suggest the fix, I'd very much appreciate it. I hate to have to do without a UI mod, as I absolutely hate the EQ2 default.

I did check to see if any windows are covering them (F10), but that's not the case. Also, *all* the hotkeys freeze regardless of their locations.

Probably unrelated, but ever since I installed DrumsUI, when I use the default PrintScreen key to take a screenshot, I crash.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Eliana of Everfrost
Unread 08-02-2013, 11:48 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Seems strange, especially the PrintScrn part...

Try tapping your shift/other modifier keys a few times to make sure the game doesn't think they are stuck down. I don't have any real suggestions here. might have to fool around with a few things to see what's causing it. There's got to be a symptom if it doesn't happen as soon as you login.
Unread 08-03-2013, 08:30 AM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Seems strange, especially the PrintScrn part...

Try tapping your shift/other modifier keys a few times to make sure the game doesn't think they are stuck down. I don't have any real suggestions here. might have to fool around with a few things to see what's causing it. There's got to be a symptom if it doesn't happen as soon as you login.

I've discovered the problem but can't fix it. The problem is that after I tab in and out of windowed mode in game (whether I am boxing an alt, or looking something up on the web), the group window re-sizes itself and I can't fix it. I like to keep the group window placed horizontally above my hotkeys. However, when the group window re-sizes itself, it's huge (about 1/4 the size of my screen) and obscures anything around it, including my hotkeys. When I use F10 to look at the group window size and re-size it, I can't see how large it is, i.e., the black background doesn't show up except around the characters' names. This means I can't re-size the group window at all.

Any suggestions as to what to do?

Thanks very much,

Eliana

Last edited by Eliana : 08-03-2013 at 10:02 AM.
Unread 08-03-2013, 11:55 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Do you play in Fullscreen? You could try switching to permanent windowed mode if you're tabbing out a lot.

Otherwise, you could try setting Click-through on your group window, or setting up the window how it "should" be. Right-clicking and "Locking" it. Then restart your game before you try to do anything else.

If you do play in Fullscreen, when you tab out, it's moving your windows around because it's loading a windowed mode layout, and probably screwing with positions.
Unread 08-03-2013, 01:59 PM
A Grove Wisp

Thumbs Up Thank you! Fix for 'frozen' hotkeys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Do you play in Fullscreen? You could try switching to permanent windowed mode if you're tabbing out a lot.

Otherwise, you could try setting Click-through on your group window, or setting up the window how it "should" be. Right-clicking and "Locking" it. Then restart your game before you try to do anything else.

If you do play in Fullscreen, when you tab out, it's moving your windows around because it's loading a windowed mode layout, and probably screwing with positions.
Brilliant, thank you SO much! In case anyone else has this problem, the fix that works is:
(1) Even if you can't see the group window background and edges in F10 mode, you can find the edges with your mouse cursor. Drag the group window into the middle of your screen, and re-size the window to desired size.
(2) Now, place the group window in the desired location, and lock it.
(3) Camp to desktop, then re-start game.
(4) If you tab out, stay in windowed mode. Period.
(5) If all else fails, choose "click through" as a group window option. You'll still be able to target and heal/buff/etc. group members, but the group window won't obscure your hotkeys or other items.

Thank you, Drumstix. I know you must be swamped with work on this, so I really appreciate your help. I will soon be healing again, thanks to you. )

Eliana