EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 11-16-2004, 12:58 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Aggro indicator?

I am colorblind, and on most common backgrounds (browns or greens or reds) I cannot see the red border that indicates an aggressive mob.

Right now I have to tab through all the mobs with my mouse cursor hovered over the target window to get the text that says a mob is aggressive.

Is there a way to make a symbol, or SOMETHING, maybe and * appear in the target box to indicate an aggressive mob in addition to, or instead of the red border? I tried looking for a place to change this color to some neon purple, but didn't see anywhere to change it.

Maybe if there is a hex value somewhere for this color that someone could point me to?

Best solution would be to change what is over the mob's head, but I don't think that can be done. Letting me take my mouse off the targeting window would be nice though.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Unread 11-18-2004, 10:16 AM
A Coastal Crab

I guess you say this is a "Bump" of a sort..

But only becaue I am also colorblind, and I really hope there will be something that can be done to make it easier to see if I am going to aggro something while running around.

ICurrently I have to stop running every where to check to see if the things I am running at are KOS or not.

Please, someone help!!
Unread 11-18-2004, 10:22 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

There is a way to change con colors of mobs. Under options-UI-game colors.
Unread 11-18-2004, 10:50 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

It's the red border he can't see not the actual con colour.
Unread 11-18-2004, 12:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I'm a retard. What I ment is that I've seen that you can change the con color under game color so there might be an option for the border color there as well. There were many different things you could change, I didn't read them all.
Unread 11-18-2004, 01:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Permafrost

I could have sworn there was a setting to change the border color but I just looked through the options and I couldn't find one either.
Unread 11-20-2004, 04:36 PM
A Forest Scavenger
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Befallen

if you look inside the eq2ui_shadowstyles.xml they have a whole list of "shadow" styles. of them is one called aggro. has anyone looked at that? or was there an ingame option to change this.

What color would you like the aggro indicator border to be?

The file to edit is definatly the eq2ui_shadowstyles.xml file. the lines you'd want to change would be 56-70 changing the color to something more visible. Also i'm sure with a little more thought/time i could make the aggro indicator outline thicker. depends on how it's handled though, if it repsaces the letters to adjust for the outline the letters would get very wide spacing. if it draws the outline behind the letters it may turn into a blob of color behind the text.

If you wanted to say apply the aggro outline shadow to a different piece of text (name in player window)

/ShadowStyles.Outline.Aggro.Outline1

is the shadow style, but i don't know how'd you would make it notice you're moused over an aggro mob.

Last edited by noize : 11-20-2004 at 05:03 PM. Reason: answer found
Unread 12-30-2005, 06:23 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Old old bump, heh.

Has anyone figured this out? Making it a bright yellow might work, I have not tried digging into the xml yet myself, but I was almost hoping that it could be an icon or a symbol next to the name instead of being color specific at all. Changing the color could certainly help though, I could fix the background to be nontransparent and make the border a bright neon yellow, but then I think one of the con colors is yellow, but the con colors can be changed.

Better yet would be if the border that hovers over the actual mob could be edited, but that is probably outside of the UI.
Unread 12-30-2005, 06:35 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I decided to just get off my arse and do something, heh.

So just to make it visible, I changed the aggro color to a bright yellow

Code:
<Namespace Name="Aggro">
<ShadowStyle Color="#FFFF00" Name="Outline1" NextShadowStyle="Outline1_2" Offset="0,-2" Opacity="0.300"/>
<ShadowStyle Color="#FFFF00" Name="Outline1_2" NextShadowStyle="Outline2" Offset="1,-2" Opacity="0.300"/>
<ShadowStyle Color="#FFFF00" Name="Outline2" NextShadowStyle="Outline2_3" Offset="2,-2" Opacity="0.300"/>
<ShadowStyle Color="#FFFF00" Name="Outline2_3" NextShadowStyle="Outline3" Offset="2,-1" Opacity="0.300"/>
<ShadowStyle Color="#FFFF00" Name="Outline3" NextShadowStyle="Outline3_4" Offset="2,0" Opacity="0.300"/>
<ShadowStyle Color="#FFFF00" Name="Outline3_4" NextShadowStyle="Outline4" Offset="2,1" Opacity="0.300"/>
<ShadowStyle Color="#FFFF00" Name="Outline4" NextShadowStyle="Outline4_5" Offset="2,2" Opacity="0.300"/>
<ShadowStyle Color="#FFFF00" Name="Outline4_5" NextShadowStyle="Outline5" Offset="1,2" Opacity="0.300"/>
<ShadowStyle Color="#FFFF00" Name="Outline5" NextShadowStyle="Outline5_6" Offset="0,2" Opacity="0.300"/>
<ShadowStyle Color="#FFFF00" Name="Outline5_6" NextShadowStyle="Outline6" Offset="-1,2" Opacity="0.300"/>
<ShadowStyle Color="#FFFF00" Name="Outline6" NextShadowStyle="Outline6_7" Offset="-2,2" Opacity="0.300"/>
<ShadowStyle Color="#FFFF00" Name="Outline6_7" NextShadowStyle="Outline7" Offset="-2,1" Opacity="0.300"/>
<ShadowStyle Color="#FFFF00" Name="Outline7" NextShadowStyle="Outline7_8" Offset="-2,0" Opacity="0.300"/>
<ShadowStyle Color="#FFFF00" Name="Outline7_8" NextShadowStyle="Outline8" Offset="-2,-1" Opacity="0.300"/>
<ShadowStyle Color="#FFFF00" Name="Outline8" NextShadowStyle="BlackOutline1" Offset="-2,-2" Opacity="0.300"/>
</Namespace>

It seems to have worked, even on the mobnames onscreen outside of the targeting window!

GREAT! Next to mess around with offset to see if I can make the glow bigger and/or get a better color, this is a vast improvement already for me though.
Unread 10-18-2007, 08:15 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I realize this post is like 2 years old...but I was wondering if anyone found a solution? I have finally reached my frustration limit with this issue...

Thanks for any help or advice

-B
Unread 10-18-2007, 11:45 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

Here's the edit that noize and Alluvian came up with. The aggro outline is yellow instead of red. The relevant lines are 73-87 if you want to try different colors.

The original outline as shown in the UIBuilder:

With a yellow outline:
Attached Files
File Type: zip eq2ui_ShadowStyles Yellow Aggro Outline.zip (1.4 KB, 289 views)

Visit Othesus World!

Last edited by Othesus : 10-18-2007 at 11:49 AM.