Unread 02-19-2007, 12:35 AM
A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via AIM to dragowulf Send a message via MSN to dragowulf

soe posts here sometimes

a friend of mine said they check eq2interface quite a bit

this was also the friend that said that they were thinking of making it so u can tab all your windows(make inventory go into persona, vice versa), without being out of game using ui builder, kind of like the chat window.

Look at the everquest2/testserver/mozzila folder, located inside the testserver directory...it is almost exactly like the actual mozzila firefox folder, as the window's standalone version.
Unread 02-19-2007, 01:31 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberfuzzy

i'm debating settingup/installing the stuff to play on test to get a jump on this, i wanna see what this thing can do RIGHT NOW.
oh god, if it supports the xmlrequest stuff for ajax....

oh, just maybe a quick sidenote, why did they decide to go with the seamonkey core? (i see by the 1.8)
why not the FF core?
not as embeddable?

will this ever see a history? cache? bookmarks? ui for setting the homepage?
will the old /cl_homepage still work?
will Inventory.HTML be taken out?
cookie support?
Yes, you should try it out on the test server yourself. Just follow the directions in the TestServer folder. It takes about 8 GB of drive space though.

I started a new thread about modding the browser window here , but some of your questions are pretty easy. There is a history.dat file and I assume it's used for the back and forward buttons but I'm not sure if we can access the history any other way yet. If you look at about:config you can see that browser.cache.memory.enable and browser.cache.disk.enable are turned off. I tried to edit the prefs.js file by hand but this didn't turn them on. Bookmarks would be nice but not entirely necessary. I can just make a macro to open my normal Firefox bookmarks.html file. Currently /cl_homepage doesn't seem to work. Hmm, I don't think I'll ever use Inventory.HTML again so it doesn't matter to me. Cookies work fine-- otherwise we wouldn't be able to log into these forums and post. You have to log in to the eq2 support site to file a petition there.

Of course there are a few odd things going on still though. You can't post on the eq2 forums because you can't type into the text box. On the eq2map site the dropdown zone selection menu goes under the map image. And I'm sure there are a lot of other bumps to be worked out.

Othesus - Dirge - Lucan DLere
Vaspar - Fury - Lucan DLere
Unread 02-19-2007, 08:15 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
.@agent:
just maybe something like the old browser had, "EQ2_Embedded/1.00 [en]"
In addition that's fine, just make sure to keep the standard Mozilla/5.0 part that other websites may be looking for.
Unread 02-19-2007, 03:00 PM
SOE Coder Guy
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
oh god, if it supports the xmlrequest stuff for ajax....
It does, Google maps works just fine for instance.

Quote:
oh, just maybe a quick sidenote, why did they decide to go with the seamonkey core? (i see by the 1.8)
why not the FF core?
not as embeddable?
We'll be moving to Mozilla 2.0 soonish. 1.8 is just where I happened to start.

Quote:
will this ever see a history? cache? bookmarks? ui for setting the homepage?
I plan on turning on in memory caching at least, disk caching maybe as an option.

Quote:
will the old /cl_homepage still work?
I guess I could support it as a fallback if a browser doesn't specify its URI...

Quote:
will Inventory.HTML be taken out?
Already gone. Never, ever to return *shudder*

Quote:
cookie support?
Already there.
Unread 02-19-2007, 03:48 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Send a message via AIM to uberfuzzy

oh wow, answers, /praise.

ok seriously now, this has a lot of potential. esp for the people that play full screen.

might be worth the time to add a category entry in the options screen that has some of these options,
"caching"
"cache size"
"clear cache"
"clear cookies"
"set homepage"

ssl support?

one more thing, i heard it was previewed at the summit, so i wont push for it now, but will they be using this new mozilla core in the new launch pad?
it really bothers me to have the LP use the MSIE widget for the right pane.
it makes all the links open as IE windows.
its not a browser war, i sometimes play in places where IE(and all its subcomponents) are VERY locked down/out.

oh, and i had ment for the "EQ_Embed" to be used in the "extra" part of the agent at the end

Last edited by uberfuzzy : 02-19-2007 at 04:41 PM.
Unread 02-19-2007, 07:10 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
ssl support?

one more thing, i heard it was previewed at the summit, so i wont push for it now, but will they be using this new mozilla core in the new launch pad?
it really bothers me to have the LP use the MSIE widget for the right pane.
it makes all the links open as IE windows.
its not a browser war, i sometimes play in places where IE(and all its subcomponents) are VERY locked down/out.

oh, and i had ment for the "EQ_Embed" to be used in the "extra" part of the agent at the end
SSL works fine. You have to log in to eq2players to use the forums and file a petition.

Silverfrost may know what they plan to use for the new launchpad, but my guess is that he doesn't work on it. The launchpad is made by the platform team. They work over in the building with management, operations, and the ad people, which is across the way from the building where the eq2 team works.

Othesus - Dirge - Lucan DLere
Vaspar - Fury - Lucan DLere
Unread 02-22-2007, 09:24 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Send a message via AIM to uberfuzzy
Smile

wheee!
(from http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/p...opic_id=349038)
A section has been added to options to control the web browser. You can set your homepage, enable disk caching and control the disk cache size here.

The EQ2 browser now has a custom product code in its user agent string.

and yes, i realize i'm posting in the thread about the last update about the new update, but its relevant
Unread 02-22-2007, 09:59 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
*** UI ***

A section has been added to options to control the web browser. You can set your homepage, enable disk caching and control the disk cache size here.

The EQ2 browser now has a custom product code in its user agent string.

You can now type text into the in-game browser window without your character doing a funny little movement dance.

The mouse wheel will no longer stop its scrolling behavior if you click on a webpage within the in-game browser.

Using the command /loadui will no longer give you the erroneous error message "You are currently not in a merchant transaction."

The window settings tab for the recipe examination window is once again operational.
There aren't any options in the options window yet. A helpful character named Joren told me the commands:
/cl_browser_homepage {URI}
/cl_browser_disk_cache_size_mb {size in MB}
/cl_browser_disk_cache_enable {1|0}

The homepage works with the /browser command. The /show_window mainhud.browser command opens up a second browser window that doesn't use the homepage. It still uses google.com.

If you look at the about:config page you can see that browser.cache.memory.enable is now on by default.

The user agent is still the same so that might still be coming. Typing without moving and the mouse wheel seem ok now.