Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Site Forums > EQ2Interface News

Unread 12-29-2009, 03:57 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Default EQ2Interface Wiki

In an effort to better document the EverQuest II Interface I have installed a wiki. I'm asking all authors to please share your knowledge on the wiki in hopes to inspire new authors.

We need newbie guides, reference guides, advanced author guides, those /slash commands we all forget, anything that has to do with the EQ2 Interface.

EQ2Interface wiki

Last edited by Dolby : 01-01-2010 at 01:08 AM.
Unread 12-29-2009, 10:57 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Nice one, after it had been sitting there for a year now I was wondering whether you'd ever release it.

You should copy the help pages to it though so people don't have to go to wikipedia to learn how to edit it.

I added the /slash command list from my sticky into it, so first task completed.
Unread 12-30-2009, 12:33 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Yeah I had totally forgot about it. It's up now
Unread 01-12-2010, 07:17 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

Hmm, it doesn't sound like a bad idea... but I think I'd be lost on where to begin adding to it.

Should things in the UI Builder documentation be here as well, or should that remain there?
Unread 01-12-2010, 08:32 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Rothgar originally had the idea for the wiki when thinking about updating the outdated UIbuilder documentation so that's definitely something which should go onto the wiki, basically all object types and their properties as well as all UIscript methods. Rothgar said (a year ago) that he'd help fill that out,we'd just need to get started on it.

Apart from the reference section I think a FAQ/tutorial section and finally some modding examples.

I agree though, it's a bit overwhelming to start with a blank page.
Unread 01-12-2010, 09:10 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Dunno how I missed this topic, but two thumbs up! Glad to see a wiki for the community.

(Hardly notice new news posts unless they have big pretty pictures, let alone new replies )