EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Patch Notes

Unread 01-07-2009, 05:10 PM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Default [Test] Test Update Notes: Wednesday, January 7, 2009(0)

GAMEPLAY
  • Taunts and detaunts can now critical similar to how melee and spell criticals work.
  • Threat output and hate position changes will now be displayed to the chat windows. You can find it under Combat in the Hate Adjustment category.
  • Hate gain mods will no longer affect taunt adjustments.
  • Area of effect spells and combat arts will no longer spread hate to encounter members when damage is applied.
  • Imprisoner Ynosii’s death now results in his weakened soul spawning. Killing the weakened soul gives a key that will open Ynosii’s treasure chest.
  • Auto-follow:
    • Your character will now swim up and down to follow the target underwater.
    • Characters on auto-follow will always turn to face their target when auto-attacking.
    • Players on auto-follow now follow up and down climbable walls.
    • You may now /camp (and, incidentally, sit) while on auto-follow. If the person you're following moves (causing you to follow) your camp will be interrupted.
    • The camera will now re-center on the person you're following only when you're moving.
ACHIEVEMENTS
  • Bountiful Harvest should no longer displayed a combined harvest on root and foresting nodes. Instead you should see two harvests similar to how other node type work.
Warrior
  • Executioner’s Anger now has a chance to increase your taunt critical chance instead of the player’s hate gain.
Crusader
  • Idolic Axe has changed to increase the base amount of the crusaders taunts and gives them an additional chance to critically taunt an enemy.
Assassin
  • Frontload will no longer cause poisons to cancel when it is toggled off or expires.
Berserker
  • Perserverance is now a buff and works in a similar fashion to Reversal with a hidden spell that can only trigger once every 15 seconds.
Brawler
  • Crane Twirl has been changed to increase the brawlers chance to aoe auto attack
  • Eagle Spin now increases the threat of the brawler with their enemy.
  • Eagle’s Talon now increases the chance of the brawler to critically taunt and increases the amount of threat applies by taunts.
  • Monkey Dodge now increases the brawler’s defense and parry skill.
Shadowknight
  • Enchance: Anguish will now increase the base damage of the combat art appropriately.
SPELLS
As a result of spell changes, the triggered effect on Charm’s Way has been changed to be upfront and target enemies in the area of effect.
Fighter
  • Kick has been moved to level 3 to fill in a gap caused by spell consolidation
Guardian
  • The Hold The Line spell line has been merged with the defensive stance lines.
  • The Iron Will Spell line has been merged with both the offensive and defensive stances.
  • The Battle Tactics line has been merged into the Call to Arms line of spells.
  • The offensive stance line will now increase damage done to the guardian and also has a damage based proc while also reducing the hate gain of the guardian.
  • The defensive stance will now also increase the amount of taunts and increase the hate gain of the guardian.
  • The hate reduction of the allay line has been reduced.
  • The Assault line now grants additional threat gains.
  • Reduced the recast of the Shout line.
  • The Kick line now generates additional threat.
Berserker
  • Berserk has been incorporated into the defensive and offensive stances.
  • The Battle Chant line has been merged into the Bloodlust line.
  • The Bullying Defense line has been merged into the defensive stance line.
  • Uproar has been moved to level 2 to fill in a gap created by the ability mergers.
  • The Growl line is now 10 second reuse and more powerful.
  • The Offend line has increased threat.
  • The Whirl line now has a threat component.
  • Reactive taunt strength of the Insolent Gibe line has been increased slightly.
Paladin
  • The Redemption line now greatly increases your threat with the target instead of siphoning hate.
  • The Incite line now increases threat initially instead of overtime.
  • The Charge line now has a hate component.
  • The Divine Circle line now has a hate component.
  • The Blessing of the Penitent and Blessed Weapon lines have been merged into the offensive and defensive stances.
  • The Blinding Rays line has had its reuse time reduced.
Shadowknight
  • The Dark Caress and Unholy Weapon lines have merged into the offensive and defensive stances.
  • Defensive stance line will lower damage but increase threat output.
  • Offensive stance boosts damage slightly but reduces hate gain.
  • Sickening Circle will also increase threat now.
  • The Kick line now has a threat component.
Bruiser
  • The Roughhouse and Dodge and Strike lines have been merged into the bruiser’s stances.
  • The Brag line is now more potent.
  • The Blazing Strikes line now has a threat component.
  • The Impose line has faster reuse speed now.
Monk
  • The Martial Focus and Dragon stance lines have been merged into the monk’s stances.
  • The Stare line increase threat by more.
  • The Cobra Circle line now increases threat to any targets it hits.
  • Beckon has had its reuse time lowered.
Swashbuckler
  • The Swarthy Distraction line of spells has changed to be a short duration buff which greatly increases or decreases their target’s hate.
Assassin
  • The Shadows line has changed to trigger a hate reduction effect.
Ranger
  • The Reconnoiter line has had its hate reduction effect removed and has a chance on any hit to reduce the rangers hate.
Predator
  • The Stalk line is now faster casting and lower recovery time.
Scout
  • The Evade line no longer has any recovery time.
Sorceror
  • Concussive is now faster casting and quicker reuse time.
Dirge
  • Hyran’s line has reduced hate gain modifiers but also increases the threat amount.
GUILDHALLS
  • Guild Hall Fuel Merchants will now buy back tier 1 fuels.
  • The guild hall mender will now correctly remember the new coverage setting after it is changed.
ZONES
Veeshan’s Peak
  • Milyex Vioren’s engineer should no longer occasionally become unkillable
Palace of Ferzhul
  • Ferzhul should no longer fail to unlock his portion of Varsoon’s portal if players kill all of his adds before killing him.
Village of Shin
  • Merchants in the Village of Shin will now buy as well as sell items.
Moors of Ykesha
  • Spotting a business opportunity, a new fuel merchant has recently set up shop in Firmroot Moot near the mender.
  • It should now be slightly easier to avoid the blood gorgers in the entry passage to Grobb, if you are careful.
ITEMS
  • Overloaded heal procs will now trigger properly from reactives and wards.
  • The Ferocious Presence spell from Stormbringer’s Bulwark of the Unstoppable will suspend if the shield is no longer equipped.
QUESTS
  • Knight-Captain Santis will complete the quest, "Bog Sludge Hunt".
  • Zoning into the Nasin's Library on Chapter 4 of The Shadow Odyssey should now automatically zone in a full party, regardless of whether all members have the quest.
MACROS
  • You can now drag equipment from your appearance slots to the macro window.
GROUPS
  • Group members can now use the /invite command to request that the group leader invite a player to the group. Just type /invite
UI
  • The raid window has a new ‘Advanced’ mode that will display effect icons for all members of the raid. Right-click the raid window to switch views.
  • The carat in text boxes will no longer render if the EQII client doesn’t have focus.
  • Fixed a bug where damage reduction info was not displayed correctly in the mitigation tooltip.
  • Fixed a bug in the raid window sometimes causing users to not be drag-able.
  • The following modifications were made to UIScripting and are may be of interest to the modding community.
  • UIScript now supports the following functions: int(), abs(), floor(), ceil().
    • Results of math operations in UIScript now only return the required precision instead of always forcing 3 decimal places.
    • Fixed a bug parsing negative floating-point numbers.
    • The BackgroundEmpty image of a UIProgressbar will no longer render unless the progress value is zero.
    • Support has been added for a new UIColorStyle object. Any object property that accepts a color will now accept a reference to a UIColorStyle object.

More...
Unread 01-09-2009, 03:30 AM
A Dragoon Sith
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

While it is not part of the update notes the new hatemeter is also now on test.
Unread 01-09-2009, 08:29 AM
A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via AIM to dragowulf Send a message via MSN to dragowulf

There is a part 2 to the update notes by the way. They just haven't released them yet.
Unread 01-09-2009, 12:26 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Critical hate/dehate.... it's about darn time.
Unread 01-19-2009, 03:14 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Forgot to note that when....

Quote:
The BackgroundEmpty image of a UIProgressbar will no longer render unless the progress value is zero.
... goes live, that visual hotbar timers will be possible finally. I'll hopefully have my version prepped and ready to go live with the patch.
Unread 01-19-2009, 04:11 AM
A man among men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Forgot to note that when....

... goes live, that visual hotbar timers will be possible finally. I'll hopefully have my version prepped and ready to go live with the patch.
What???????????????
Unread 01-19-2009, 04:14 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragowulf View Post
What???????????????
The answer to the question you so eloquently formulated is this:

(that's a mockup from Dolby from a year ago, Drum's will look slightly different)
Unread 01-19-2009, 04:37 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Yeah, my first draft ones you can see in my screenshot below. I've done a little tweaking and am messing around with borders.

EQ account is down atm, cause my rig is waiting a new part in shipping...
So I'm waiting for that to get back on the ball.

I hope to figure out a way to not show any bar when there's no icon, but off the top of my head, I'm clueless.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000131.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	229.3 KB
ID:	6730  
Unread 01-19-2009, 05:10 AM
A man among men

Umm isn't that already possible. Because I have one just like that on my hotbar mod. How would that the upcoming change make anything different?
Unread 01-19-2009, 05:22 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Because the progress bars will incorrectly show green before they are supposed to with the current live code. This is noticeable with any long re-use timer.
Unread 01-19-2009, 05:28 AM
A man among men

I would rather have a reuse timer list though personally. The problem with that is if you add them into a composite then it creates problems.