A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Target effects icon size

Click image for larger version

Name:	target.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	8003

Target effects icon size is bugged, How can I fix this?
Unread 12-25-2012, 09:40 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixleon View Post
Attachment 8003

Target effects icon size is bugged, How can I fix this?
Are you using the control center to set the size ? Thats the little slider that you slide to make them smaller or bigger. If you are some people experience this glitch while others don't. I never have but I know my son has. There was a nother guy who had this error and we fixed it by setting the size in the _ProfitUI_Settings_EffectsIconSizes.txt file
Unread 12-25-2012, 10:42 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

yes, I set it in that files but still not work.
Unread 12-25-2012, 10:48 AM
A Griffon

After you set it you reloaded the game right? Sometimes people set things in that file and think it should take effect while the game is still running. Also what size are you setting it to? It can't be any smaller than 15 in that file.
Unread 12-25-2012, 05:20 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I set it to 22, when I login to game only background become 22 and icon size reset it to 15 which you can see in my attach pic.
Unread 12-25-2012, 06:10 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixleon View Post
I set it to 22, when I login to game only background become 22 and icon size reset it to 15 which you can see in my attach pic.
Yep sure enough. I tested this to see what was happening. It doesn't look like the UI is setting correct icon sizes just correct background size. So it would be up to tknarr or Silat or even gm9 to find that and correct it.

It doesn't do this changing the normal beneficial or determental sizes so it must be something in the target window. I didn't test the implied though might do that and see if that appears there as well.
Unread 12-25-2012, 06:54 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
Yep sure enough. I tested this to see what was happening. It doesn't look like the UI is setting correct icon sizes just correct background size. So it would be up to tknarr or Silat or even gm9 to find that and correct it.

It doesn't do this changing the normal beneficial or determental sizes so it must be something in the target window. I didn't test the implied though might do that and see if that appears there as well.
The control center's changing the only thing that can be changed, the IconSize attribute. It's an IconBank element and the game controls the graphics that're displayed in it, not the UI XML. It looks like what's happening is the game only has 15x15 icons and it won't rescale them to any other size. I suspect that goes along with the increasing use of hard-coded behavior I've seen elsewhere, where there's just no accommodation made for anything other than the default UI's behavior.
Unread 12-25-2012, 08:11 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
The control center's changing the only thing that can be changed, the IconSize attribute. It's an IconBank element and the game controls the graphics that're displayed in it, not the UI XML. It looks like what's happening is the game only has 15x15 icons and it won't rescale them to any other size. I suspect that goes along with the increasing use of hard-coded behavior I've seen elsewhere, where there's just no accommodation made for anything other than the default UI's behavior.
No actually until you set a size in the hardcoded file they display fine. Or at least for me. The only issue seems to be the target icon all others seem to set properly either by slider or by settings file.

Target by the slider works even after setting a hardcoded size which when it loads displays like his picture but when you use the slider it finally does change like the others.
Unread 12-26-2012, 03:55 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

yes,only target windows not work well。
Unread 12-26-2012, 04:32 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
No actually until you set a size in the hardcoded file they display fine. Or at least for me. The only issue seems to be the target icon all others seem to set properly either by slider or by settings file.

Target by the slider works even after setting a hardcoded size which when it loads displays like his picture but when you use the slider it finally does change like the others.
I'll take another look through. The only changes that were made were to add a couple of flag images, those shouldn't affect the icons at all. But the UI builder may've messed something up. What I'll do is try taking the changes I made, reverting back to the originals in SVN and re-applying the changes by hand without letting the UI builder touch the file and see whether that fixes the problem.
Unread 05-15-2013, 04:10 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

still cant resize it.