EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 10-11-2012, 10:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Question Will ProfitUI continue to be maintained?

I've been away from EQ2 for a year, and in that time I've upgraded my computer, and one of those upgrades was a 256GB Crucial M4 SSD for my C: drive. I didn't just want to copy over my old EQ2 install since it's a year old, so I downloaded (all 12GB! ) and installed EQ2. But I've used ProfitUI and EQ2Maps since forever, and want to install them. My only worry is that ProfitUI will be maintained, so I wanted to make sure that it's being maintained, and will also work with the upcoming expansion.

I really hope it's being maintained, because IMO it's the best GUI for EQ2!

Thanks

Gary
Unread 10-11-2012, 11:06 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Its been maintained and will continue to be maintained. From gm9 to Silat to tknarr and even myself when smalls fixes have been needed I am sure if tknarr stops another will pick it up. After all its a community favorite and we all love it (those of us that use it)
Unread 10-11-2012, 11:08 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
Its been maintained and will continue to be maintained. From gm9 to Silat to tknarr and even myself when smalls fixes have been needed I am sure if tknarr stops another will pick it up. After all its a community favorite and we all love it (those of us that use it)
AWESOME! Thank you, and everyone that maintains this awesome GUI

I don't know that I could play EQ2 without ProfitUI, LOL!
Unread 10-12-2012, 01:40 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndonSage View Post
But I've used ProfitUI and EQ2Maps since forever, and want to install them. My only worry is that ProfitUI will be maintained, so I wanted to make sure that it's being maintained, and will also work with the upcoming expansion.
I'm keeping it maintained, and I expect to continue doing so at least as long as I'm playing EQ2 and using ProfitUI myself. Right now the only glitch is that since the SOEmote changes the group window takes up a bit more vertical space, and that's on my list to work on (low priority, but I haven't forgotten about it). I'm watching Test to see if there's any UI changes for the new expansion, but so far nothing. I haven't seen any indications from the list of what's coming that'd point to anything new in the UI, so I'm hopeful there won't be any major changes needed.

I do need to check VDLs on potions to make sure the cures are using the latest stuff. I tend to raid mostly on healers, so lack of codes for new-tier potions doesn't immediately smack me in the face.

Oh, and just to be complete: http://www.eq2interface.com/download...ationtool.html makes it easier to edit quick-raid buttons.
Unread 10-19-2012, 07:56 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Tknarr yeah the potions thing is baffling me.. I click sometimes on the either the raid or group depending on character I am on and if in a group or a raid and get "this item no longer in inventory" messages alot yet I have the potions in my inventory so have moved them to my hotbar.. Any ideas?
Unread 10-19-2012, 11:07 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomatoh View Post
Tknarr yeah the potions thing is baffling me.. I click sometimes on the either the raid or group depending on character I am on and if in a group or a raid and get "this item no longer in inventory" messages alot yet I have the potions in my inventory so have moved them to my hotbar.. Any ideas?
It's a side-effect of the limited macro ability. Profit has item codes for 3 potions per type, usually the highest levels of potions currently available. You can find them at the top of the _ProfitUI_Cures.txt file. When click-to-cure needs to use a potion, it'll fire off all three simultaneously and the ones for potions you aren't carrying will fail (the assumption is you're only carrying one kind of each type of cure potion) and you'll get that "item not in inventory" message for the kinds you aren't carrying.

I'd have to go in-game later and check the names of the potions, they're specified by numeric VDL in the files.
Unread 10-21-2012, 12:34 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
It's a side-effect of the limited macro ability. Profit has item codes for 3 potions per type, usually the highest levels of potions currently available. You can find them at the top of the _ProfitUI_Cures.txt file. When click-to-cure needs to use a potion, it'll fire off all three simultaneously and the ones for potions you aren't carrying will fail (the assumption is you're only carrying one kind of each type of cure potion) and you'll get that "item not in inventory" message for the kinds you aren't carrying.

I'd have to go in-game later and check the names of the potions, they're specified by numeric VDL in the files.
Yeah thats what confusing me.. seems the numbers for the potions are correct.. but doesnt fire off the robust ones.. I have to carry around the focued or move the robust to my hotbar..
Unread 10-21-2012, 03:14 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomatoh View Post
Yeah thats what confusing me.. seems the numbers for the potions are correct.. but doesnt fire off the robust ones.. I have to carry around the focued or move the robust to my hotbar..
I had the issue of it not firing the Robust as well and had to juggle the cures around but they seem to work with this current setup

<Data Name="TraumaPotion" potionvdl_3="855760996" potionvdl_2="1730973387" potionvdl_1="-351706028"/>
<Data Name="ArcanePotion" potionvdl_3="1372020673" potionvdl_2="99234158" potionvdl_1="-1982866447"/>
<Data Name="NoxiousPotion" potionvdl_3="-250251480" potionvdl_2="-1222056897" potionvdl_1="-686534912"/>
<Data Name="ElementalPotion" potionvdl_3="2105175164" potionvdl_2="301952041" potionvdl_1="136666185"/>

in the _ProfitUI_Cures.txt file
Unread 10-21-2012, 03:20 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
<Data Name="TraumaPotion" potionvdl_3="855760996" potionvdl_2="1730973387" potionvdl_1="-351706028"/>
<Data Name="ArcanePotion" potionvdl_3="1372020673" potionvdl_2="99234158" potionvdl_1="-1982866447"/>
<Data Name="NoxiousPotion" potionvdl_3="-250251480" potionvdl_2="-1222056897" potionvdl_1="-686534912"/>
<Data Name="ElementalPotion" potionvdl_3="2105175164" potionvdl_2="301952041" potionvdl_1="136666185"/>
I double-checked and that matches what I've got in my master copy. It may just be an outdated _ProfitUI_Cures.txt file, I know I had that when I'd modified the default CancelSpellCast setting and had that file marked for ignore in the updater. I've got a Post-it up to check in-game this afternoon.