EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 12-03-2008, 08:17 PM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Unrest

I was able to get back to working on the raid window today so I wanted to give an update.

I've reorganized the Member page to include a Basic and Advanced page. The code now loads the individual controls by searching anywhere below the main Member page. So you aren't required to put the controls in basic or advanced. You can even put them in the root member page and it should work.

Right-clicking the raid window a user will get the option "switch to basic/advanced made" depending on which mode they are currently in. When a user is in basic mode, the main member page and basic page will be visible. The advanced page will be hidden. When a user switches to advanced mode, all three pages will be visible.

Targeting is now done through the basic page only, so clicking on controls in the advanced page will not cause the target to change. Dragging and dropping for raid leaders will work anywhere within the member page. I also found and fixed a bug that was causing players to not be able to drag members to an empty slot in certain circumstances. (This made me pull my hair out for a while thinking it was something wrong with my new code).

I've also made a change to the UIVolumePage control so it will now use its Margin settings when packing the child controls. I did this because I wanted to adjust the size of the main window when a user switches from basic to advanced. I didn't want the advanced portion of the window to be cutoff and not visible. So switching to advanced mode will force the main page to the minimum size for 1 cell so the advanced controls will be immediately visible. By making the margin work within the volume, I could size the main window to the proper size without having to hard-code the margin between the window border and the volume control. Now the volume control is placed directly on top of the main window and the margin allows the child controls to not overlap the window border.

Here's a sample of the new page in case you want to get started early re-designing your raid window.

Code:
    <VolumePage AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundColor="#FF0000" CellCount="1,4" CellPadding="0,0" CellSelectable="false" CellSize="318,125" CellSizeAdvanced="318,125" CellSizeBasic="230,125" Margin="5,5,5,5" MinimumScrollExtent="328,510" Name="Volume" PackSize="absolute,absolute" ScrollExtent="328,510" Size="327,510">
        <Page AbsorbsInput="false" Location="5,5" MaximumSize="318,125" MinimumSize="318,125" Name="Group1" ScrollExtent="318,125" Size="318,125">
            <Page Location="0,2" Name="Member1" ScrollExtent="320,20" Size="320,20">
                <Page DropToParent="true" Name="Basic" ScrollExtent="230,20" Size="230,20">
                    <Icon DynamicData="/GameData.Raid.Member_0.Speaking" IconRect="124,204,135,215" IconResource="/images/widgets01.dds" Location="3,6" Name="Speaking" onpress="vivox_adjust_volume Parent.Name.Text" ScrollExtent="10,10" Size="10,10" TreatAsButton="true" />
                    <Text AbsorbsInput="false" DropToParent="true" Font="/Fonts.FontZapf15" Location="12,2" Margin="3,0,0,0" Name="Name" PackLocation="top,left" ScrollExtent="100,19" ShadowStyle="/ShadowStyles.ChatSimple.Outline1" Size="100,19">:f:Longestnameposs</Text>
                    <Text AbsorbsInput="false" DropToParent="true" Font="/Fonts.FontZapf15" Location="111,2" Margin="3,0,0,0" Name="Level" PackLocation="top,left" ScrollExtent="23,19" ShadowStyle="/ShadowStyles.ChatSimple.Outline1" Size="23,19" TextAlignment="Center">:f:25</Text>
                    <Image DropToParent="true" Location="133,0" Name="ArchtypeIcon" ScrollExtent="20,20" Size="20,20" Style="ScoutArchtype" />
                    <Progressbar Color="#FFFF00" DropToParent="true" ExtendedTooltip="Displays the health of the group member." GetsInput="false" Location="156,6" Name="Health" Progress="0.600" ScrollExtent="66,3" Size="66,3" Style="/progressbarlist.progress_default" Tooltip=":f:Health" />
                    <Image BackgroundColor="#FFFFFF" BackgroundOpacity="0.722" Color="#444400" DropToParent="true" Location="155,5" Name="HealthBkg" ScrollExtent="68,5" Size="68,5" />
                    <Progressbar Color="#8080FF" DropToParent="true" ExtendedTooltip="Displays the health of the group member." GetsInput="false" Location="156,11" Name="Power" Progress="1.000" ScrollExtent="66,3" Size="66,3" Style="/progressbarlist.progress_default" Tooltip=":f:Health" />
                    <Image BackgroundColor="#FFFFFF" BackgroundOpacity="0.722" Color="#444400" DropToParent="true" Location="155,10" Name="PowerBkg" ScrollExtent="68,5" Size="68,5" />
                </Page>
                <Page AbsorbsInput="false" Name="Advanced" ScrollExtent="318,20" Size="318,20">
                    <Icon BackgroundTint="#000000" DynamicData="/GameData.Raid.Member_0.Effect1" IconStyle="/IconStyles.effect" Location="229,2" MouseOverColor="#FFFF00" Name="Effect1" PackLocation="left,top" ScrollExtent="16,16" Size="16,16" TreatAsButton="true" />
                    <Icon BackgroundTint="#000000" DynamicData="/GameData.Raid.Member_0.Effect2" IconStyle="/IconStyles.effect" Location="246,2" MouseOverColor="#FFFF00" Name="Effect2" PackLocation="left,top" ScrollExtent="16,16" Size="16,16" TreatAsButton="true" />
                    <Icon BackgroundTint="#000000" DynamicData="/GameData.Raid.Member_0.Effect3" IconStyle="/IconStyles.effect" Location="263,2" MouseOverColor="#FFFF00" Name="Effect3" PackLocation="left,top" ScrollExtent="16,16" Size="16,16" TreatAsButton="true" />
                    <Icon BackgroundTint="#000000" DynamicData="/GameData.Raid.Member_0.Effect4" IconStyle="/IconStyles.effect" Location="280,2" MouseOverColor="#FFFF00" Name="Effect4" PackLocation="left,top" ScrollExtent="16,16" Size="16,16" TreatAsButton="true" />
                    <Icon BackgroundTint="#000000" DynamicData="/GameData.Raid.Member_0.Effect5" IconStyle="/IconStyles.effect" Location="297,2" MouseOverColor="#FFFF00" Name="Effect5" PackLocation="left,top" ScrollExtent="16,16" Size="16,16" TreatAsButton="true" />
                </Page>
            </Page>
Let me know if you have any other feedback.
Unread 01-09-2009, 09:03 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

All the changes above are optional, so no need to change any old raid window unless you want to (the incompatibility message due to the version number currently on test will not go live).