EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 02-26-2008, 02:47 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42
Default How to convert decimals to integers

I wanted to follow up with a slight work-around for the problem I explained above:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
With the new "Top" "Height" "Left" and "Width" values, I've been messing around with some trigger events to try to change the size of other objects.
The problem is if I try to do any math, I'll get the 3 trailing decimals, ie 147.000
I tried manually putting in 147.000 into the "Height" property, and it wouldn't accept it. It just kept the previous value in there.

I guess my request is that these fields be updated to accept decimal inputs, and just trim off the trailing decimals.

*edit* My work around was to just set a nonvisable object the same size as the original, with the same pack size/location properties. (I'm changeing the size of a frame depending on certain conditions). This way I could change the size back and forth, without doing the simple math equations.
I've used my solution in my Info Center, because I needed to use simple math to properly display my drop-down list in the tree-view. I have to add several values together to position them correctly when each expands/collapses. I also had to change the scroll length each time.

While the "Top" "Height" "Left" and "Width" do not support trailing decimals, the comma delimited (IE: Location, MinimumScrollExtent) values will. It will trim off the decimals automatically. I forget where I first saw this mentioned, but I tried it for myself in the UIBuilder a while ago.

Code:
Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Select.MinimumScrollExtent=('146' ## ',' ## SUM) SUM=(Parent.Parent.SETTINGS.SizeCollection) + (Parent.Parent.SETTINGS.SizeTotal)
Parent.Parent.HQ.Location=('0' ## ',' ## ADD) ADD=(Parent.Parent.Collection.Top) + (Parent.Parent.Collection.Height)
Hope this helps.
Unread 02-26-2008, 02:57 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
While the "Top" "Height" "Left" and "Width" do not support trailing decimals, the comma delimited (IE: Location, MinimumScrollExtent) values will. It will trim off the decimals automatically. I forget where I first saw this mentioned, but I tried it for myself in the UIBuilder a while ago.

Code:
Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Select.MinimumScrollExtent=('146' ## ',' ## SUM) SUM=(Parent.Parent.SETTINGS.SizeCollection) + (Parent.Parent.SETTINGS.SizeTotal)
Parent.Parent.HQ.Location=('0' ## ',' ## ADD) ADD=(Parent.Parent.Collection.Top) + (Parent.Parent.Collection.Height)
Hope this helps.
You sir are officially my new hero, as - assuming your code works - you found the way to convert any floating point value into an integer, the holy grail of eq2 interface modding. lol.

Strange thing is I could have sworn I had unsuccessfully tried assigning floating point values to both location and size, in particular location, because I wanted to automatically align elements. Maybe it's because you used a variable and I probably didn't, or because you used brackets? Or maybe this was recently changed.

Anyway, take these:
Unread 02-26-2008, 03:10 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Well it worked about 20+ times in the Info Center

Just thinking about it more in my head...
You could use dummy pages and do just about any mathematical equation and set it into the page's location (or whichever). This would then update the "Top", etc values which could then be easily used anywhere else in the UI.

Now I can update my Resist average value with a real, non-floating decimal, number.
Unread 02-26-2008, 03:17 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Exactly, that's what you got the nanas for.
Unread 02-27-2008, 09:27 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Ohhh.

Float -> Int has been like the holy grail.

You sir do indeed deserve 'nanas and more.

I dub thee Drumstix42, Lord of Floating Integers!
Unread 02-27-2008, 12:07 PM
A man among men
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via AIM to dragowulf Send a message via MSN to dragowulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
Ohhh.

Float -> Int has been like the holy grail.

You sir do indeed deserve 'nanas and more.

I dub thee Drumstix42, Lord of Floating Integers!
I'm confused....what exactly does drum's code do????
Unread 02-27-2008, 12:41 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

It creates beautiful INTEGERS out of the ugly and mean numbers having a decimal point that every scripted mathematical outputs, and we want integers since no UI element (except those that Drumstix discovered) accepts non-integer numbers as values (unless it's as text of course).
Unread 02-27-2008, 01:25 PM
A man among men

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
It creates beautiful INTEGERS out of the ugly and mean numbers having a decimal point that every scripted mathematical outputs, and we want integers since no UI element (except those that Drumstix discovered) accepts non-integer numbers as values (unless it's as text of course).
Why would you want non-integer numbers as values???
Unread 02-27-2008, 01:42 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Well you don't, that's the whole point, but previously we had no way to obtain integers, since every mathematical operation in eq2 ui scripting adds a decimal point.
Unread 02-27-2008, 01:43 PM
A man among men

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Well you don't, that's the whole point, but previously we had no way to obtain integers, since every mathematical operation in eq2 ui scripting adds a decimal point.
So exactly why would this help us?
Unread 02-27-2008, 01:45 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

You don't, you want integers.

But if I do 5+6 the game gives 11.0 (a float) and then if I try to put that in somewhere it gets upset because it only wants to take intergers and not floats.

But with this you can put in a float which will be converted to an integer and then can be read and put into those fields that only take integers.
Unread 02-27-2008, 01:55 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Maybe an example helps.
A=1
B=3
If you do
C=A+B
D=B-A
you end up with
C=4.0000
D=2.0000
Now if you do
Location=C,D
you get
Location=4,2
which equals
Left=4
Top=2
Tada, you have your integers and can assign them to something else, eg
IconSize=Left
This allows you to assign the output of the mathematical operation A+B to, for example, IconSize, which you cannot do directly because of the decimal point.

Last edited by gm9 : 02-27-2008 at 02:48 PM.
Unread 02-27-2008, 02:33 PM
A man among men

I get it. That's going to be really helpful Drums.

Nice work....lol and thanks for explaining it to me.
Unread 02-28-2008, 04:56 PM
A Griffon
Featured

It works well.
I used it in my recent Persona window upload for the Average resist value. Feel free to split these posts into maybe a sticky for future reference.
Unread 03-05-2008, 01:19 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

Hehe, I had hoped this would work when I saw the post from SOE about adding the seperated size and location atributes. The comma seperated values have delt with float all along, the problem was getting the converted number out of the comma string

FYI there are some controls that expect float, progress bars for example.
Unread 03-05-2008, 01:33 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

You are right Zonx, I actually went through an old project of mine that has lots of dummy windows to save arbitrary values and it used that property of the size attribute as well. In that case I was using it to cut of the part after a comman in another size attribute. Say you have SizeA=100,20 and SizeB=200,30 then SizeC=SizeA,SizeB will be => SizeC=100,200. The things you forget...