EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 10-13-2007, 09:34 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Effect icon bank Target window question

It seems the Icon Effects bank is tied to the vertical position of the Target information section. Is there any way to uncouple these 2?
I want to move the Information text down, but then move the effects icons up.

Also, the ^^^ tier text seems tied to something as well, any idea what effects it's position?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by AstroCat : 10-13-2007 at 09:43 AM.
Unread 10-13-2007, 12:43 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

I have an OnShow script on every effect icon in my target window to defeat SOE's hard coding of the location of the effect icons. It is a fight to get it to stay in place and that has been the best solution I've came up with to place it where I want it.
Unread 10-27-2007, 09:48 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroCat View Post
It seems the Icon Effects bank is tied to the vertical position of the Target information section. Is there any way to uncouple these 2?
The IconBank is attached to the bottom of the Version sections. As far as I know, you can't move the IconBank anywhere else.

Quote:
I want to move the Information text down, but then move the effects icons up.
I'm not sure how far "up" you're wanting to move the effects, but I'm sure there's some way to do something with it.

Quote:
Also, the ^^^ tier text seems tied to something as well, any idea what effects it's position?
The tier indicators are tied to the target's name. If you're running version 0, the indicators will jump to the top of the name for ^^^ mobs and below the name for vvv mobs. In version 1, the indicators are tied just to the top of the name.

Quote:
Thanks for the help!
You're very welcome!
Unread 10-27-2007, 11:28 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

At least in my UI you can move the IconBank just fine, I recently had a bug where I had moved it too high. No idea why, at least I can't remember (I know the structure of my target window is partially different than the others, maybe that's it).
Unread 08-01-2012, 12:22 PM
An Undead Settler

Default The Ghost Returns

Hey all, I have recently been getting back into modding UI parts again to fit my own need... and well I came across this very problem the other day been trying to find ways around it tho... even using Profit's target windows the Iconbank is perminately attached to the bottom of the target frame and my general lack of knowledge has me baffled on how to move it to the top... I know this series of posts are quite old by some years now at this point... but has anyone figured out a work around for this? my goal is to practically turn the profit target window upside down frame bar on bottom icons up top
Unread 08-01-2012, 02:27 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantu View Post
Hey all, I have recently been getting back into modding UI parts again to fit my own need... and well I came across this very problem the other day been trying to find ways around it tho... even using Profit's target windows the Iconbank is perminately attached to the bottom of the target frame and my general lack of knowledge has me baffled on how to move it to the top... I know this series of posts are quite old by some years now at this point... but has anyone figured out a work around for this? my goal is to practically turn the profit target window upside down frame bar on bottom icons up top
You're reviving a thread last posted to in 2007 I am sure its not doable if someone hasn't done so since the creation of the thread.
Unread 08-01-2012, 08:58 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

It's very possible to do. You just need to add events to either the element itself or the target/implied window. I'm pretty sure this was discussed else where, but I can't look for it atm.

But basics include adding OnHoverIn/OnHoverOut, OnSize, OnMove to force the location and/or size of the effects element so that it "behaves" according to the way you want.