EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 05-09-2012, 12:05 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Need Help.. Quick Button on group window

ok i have added a new property on ui builder.. insert image at the bottom..
this is for a quick button what i want it to do is have the spell casted with quick button in group or raid. And also have a tell sent to the selected player with the the ability or spell ..
Example quick button says murderous design it cast that ability .. would also like for it to send a tell say in you have my hate use it well.

xml info shows
<Data Name="Spell0" Script="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Murderous Design IV" Script1="tell Parent.Target &apos;You Have My Hate&apos;" Text="Murderous Design" />

Please help. Kamzak
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Quik button.JPG
Views:	850
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	7883  
Unread 05-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

What button are you using to fire the script?

If its only firing Script you won't get the tell from "Script1." Normally to perform multiple commands with a single action you just separate the commands onto multiple lines.

So instead of having Script and Script1, you'd just have Script with a value of "useabilityonplayer blah blah
tell Parent.Target blah"
Unread 05-09-2012, 03:24 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

this about the script and script1 i put in my ui in ui builder.
i opened the file in edit plus and did what you said it looks like this now.

<Data Name="Spell0" Script="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Murderous Design IV"
tell Parent.Target &apos;You Have My Hate&apos;" Text="Murderous Design" />

but it seems to not work
what i am trying to do is send a tell with the quick group buttons on the group or raid windows i have five of them shat show above eacher person's name in the group or raid window.
not really sure how to do what you said in the ui builder if you could show me an example that woud be great

Last edited by kamzak : 05-09-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Unread 05-09-2012, 05:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

what i am doing is trying add a tell line to the player that i click on in the group window with my quick button option.

the UI is extreme UI.. on the group window he has five buttons .. quick buttons to setup spells and abilites with out targeting the players. so i am trying to add a quick button that has a tell sent with it with the ability.
Unread 05-09-2012, 05:34 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamzak View Post
what i am doing is trying add a tell line to the player that i click on in the group window with my quick button option.

the UI is extreme UI.. on the group window he has five buttons .. quick buttons to setup spells and abilites with out targeting the players. so i am trying to add a quick button that has a tell sent with it with the ability.
Since you're already using a window that has those buttons setup I would simply edit the file. Heres an example from Profit

<Data Name="Button5" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Confront Fear
raidsay Curing Effects from &lt;&lt;&lt; Parent.Target &gt;&gt;&gt;
tell Parent.Target &lt;&lt;&lt; Removing Fear and Rez Sickness &gt;&gt;&gt;" Tooltip="Confront Fear"/>

Since I don't know which file he did his buttons from I can't help further than that but I will say you're taking a single window from a complete UI that I believe used an in game configuration window to setup those spells. So you're app to be missing part of it.
Unread 05-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamzak View Post
<Data Name="Spell0" Script="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Murderous Design IV"
Here's the problem: the set of commands have to all be in one set of quotes. You have quotes after Murderous Design IV so the Script parameter is stopping there. Change it to this:
Code:
<Data Name="Spell0" Script="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Murderous Design IV
In that example the " starts after Script= and there isn't another quote until after the tell, so both lines are part of the Script variable and will get executed when you click the button.