Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 10-31-2014, 04:42 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal
Default Checkbox element

Hey guys. It's been a while. Updating profit to work with the new armor sets on beta and I am trying to set a checkbox to checked via the ui. Can't for the life of me get it to work. Any pointers?

Silat

Unread 11-01-2014, 04:27 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

IIRC it's just pathtoit.ThingName.Checked=true/false

E.g., OnActivate="parent.CheckBoxName.Checked=true"
Unread 11-02-2014, 09:09 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Thanks. That does set it. But does not trigger the onset event for the checkbox which was my hope.

I have since figured out that what I wanted to test didn't matter anyway.

I was working with armor sets and as best I can determine some hard coded behavior makes them switch from adventure to appearance sets. I thought it might be indirectly triggered by that checkbox and it does not seem to be. Other than positioning/size I don't see any significant difference between mine and theirs but mine will not routinely pick up the hard coding.

Silat

Unread 11-02-2014, 10:54 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

That doesn't surprise me, unfortunately. That window has so much hardcoding (and so much that they break without so much as putting it on test) that I stopped trying to customize it for Fetish a while ago.
Unread 11-02-2014, 08:45 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

From what I remember, triggering it like a button is the best way to set it in the active & checked state.

Checkboxes have always been wonky.
Unread 11-03-2014, 11:10 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Thanks Drums. I don't need to mess with it anyway. I was able to determine that it was not the source of my problem. I have no clue what is in fact since I have eliminated all the options that seemed viable to me. So the set behavior in the profit persona window will be quirky but functional unless I can come up with something. The large window variant behaves perfectly (it is just a copy of the default) so if people want no quirkiness they will just have to use the bigger window.

Armor sets and the options for spell filtering are the only persona window changes I noticed. They removed references to prosibien in a couple of other windows. The changes for the loginscene file were so small that I have no need to change profits version. They updated a few graphics in the specialelements.dds which profit modifies and I still have to do the variants but I have the default done.

I noticed a change in the raid window but I am working with the assumption that it is a bug since it makes no sense. They set the voice icon (for who is speaking) all to raidmember 0.

All in all not too much to update for compatibilities sake.

Silat

Unread 11-03-2014, 06:46 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

So far the only functional change for the raid window is wider text for level 100. It was a hot mess on Beta for a while, what you're seeing is in a lot better shape.

Unread 11-03-2014, 06:46 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
I noticed a change in the raid window but I am working with the assumption that it is a bug since it makes no sense. They set the voice icon (for who is speaking) all to raidmember 0.
Probably a bug. It was even worse before... a few weeks ago when I looked at it (and did some beta raiding) they had set all of the detriments to raidmember 0 as well. It was a bit funny seeing the entire raid showing a trauma or curse when group 1 slot 1 got something and everything else being blank (even when they actually had something).
Unread 11-03-2014, 11:43 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Sounds like copy&pasta troubles