EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 09-12-2008, 11:24 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42
Default Spell queuing and /target_previous

Ok with testing I've found.....

- both useability and useabilityonplayer will queue from the UI.
- target_previous used before or after a spell cast screws it up as guessed above
- clicking fast on the player window, and clicking and holding for more than a few 10ths of a second will result in different functions of the player window

If you "useability" and click quickly on the player window, you'll target yourself.
If you click and hold and then release after a short second or so, you'll not target yourself.

Interesting, yes?

So from what I've got here that I"m currently working on I can use "useabilityonplayer" and it won't changer my target, but only if I click and hold the buttons, rather
than click quickly.
I guess it really only poses a problem for the player window if you really don't want to change your target to cure yourself.

Edit: now for the solution
I have my overlying cure buttons in their own page, over top of the impairment icons...

Code:
OnHoverIn="Parent.absorbsinput=false"
OnHoverOut="Parent.absorbsinput=true"
This tells the parent "player window" itself to not absorb input when hovering over my curebuttons page. This disables the player window from targeting yourself all-together.

Seems to work wonderfully, and I can see it working on the group window if you want to work within the group members' pages.
Finally!