EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 11-30-2012, 09:02 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Splitpaw
Default I get no profitUI ingame

So, i've installed EQ2 since i've started up my account once again today, and after the game was all updated i got the profitui updater which i ran and pointed to the eq2 folder, and after a little while everything was installed.
I have the eq2.ini-file in place, and the rest of profit where it should be.

But when i start up the game profitui is nowhere to be seen - i haven't gotten any error either of any kind.
I quit and checked out the profit updater again and still, it worked as it should without any errors.
And i jump in to the game again, and get the same standard eq2 ui. Profit never gets activated when launching the game.

Been scouring the forum here but can't find anyone mentioning this exact thing.

I haven't had EQ2 installed on this computer since i reinstalled windows a while back, so i have no double installation folders of any kind either.

Last edited by Shocker74 : 11-30-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Unread 12-01-2012, 12:06 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Freeport

when you're in game try doing /loadui and select profit.
Unread 12-01-2012, 04:26 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Mistmoore

Shocker, I've had my Profit become unresponsive twice in the last week after updates. Instead of spending hours trying to find why it wouldn't work I just deleted the ProfitUI folder, created a new one and let the updater repopulate it.
It worked after that.
Unread 12-01-2012, 04:51 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

SOP here is to check the file path to the Everquest II folder in the Profit updater against the path the EQ2 icon points to (right-click on the icon and select Open File Location, this will open the folder that EQ2's installed in). If the two don't match, change the Everquest II folder path in the Profit updater to match where the EQ2 icon points and let it update things as needed.

The launchpad's undergone some changes in the default location it installs files to, so if you're not paying attention it's easy to end up with a new installation in a different location than you expected or that other software's expecting.
Unread 12-01-2012, 09:23 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Crushbone

I also posted in another thread I was having issues with this. I have tried everything that has been listed and profit just wont load when i start up. All the file paths are correct, all the files seem to exist where they are supposed to be. But when i start up, nothing. I even tried installing all the files without the updater. Please help.

EDIT- OK well typing /loadui, and not /load_uisettings. seemed to work. Thanks

Last edited by Nimmerin : 12-01-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Unread 12-01-2012, 12:26 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Splitpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berekona View Post
when you're in game try doing /loadui and select profit.

Thanks, i tried this and finally got the option to turn it on. It's weird i've never had to do this during the years earlier when i've reinstalled EQ2 & profitui.
Unread 12-01-2012, 12:39 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimmerin View Post
EDIT- OK well typing /loadui, and not /load_uisettings. seemed to work. Thanks
If that works, then probably eq2.ini doesn't have these settings:

cl_ui_skinname ProfitUI
cl_ui_subdir UI/

Normally they should be right at the start. If you've put eq2.ini on the ignore list for the Profit updater (common if you've tweaked other settings in it and didn't want them constantly being overwritten) that can happen. Or if you installed ProfitUI to a folder named something other than ProfitUI it won't be found right since the updater isn't smart enough to change eq2.ini to match.