EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

View Poll Results: Should the site stick with the white/blue interface or one like the dark forum theme?
White/Blue 7 14.00%
White/Blue but change the ugly dark colored tables! 4 8.00%
Darker, like the Dark forum theme. 20 40.00%
Have them both! 19 38.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Unread 03-11-2005, 04:50 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Neriak

- perhaps make eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml autogenerated somehow - help avoid dated versions of the file from showing up?
Unread 03-11-2005, 06:05 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Antonia Bayle

it is not auto generated, however, the updater still downloads the newest version(i have a manual upload system in place that all admins at maps.eq2interface.com can use to upload files that are not auto-generated, like eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml, map images, ect, it then does the computing it needs to do for each file submitted and the updater will download the new one as soon as it is run after a new one has been submitted) when you upload the file you choose what type of file it is so that it knows where to place the file and wether it should be just checking if the file exists or wether it should check if there is a newer version that way files that are used by mods can be changed and the updater can still be run, and files that are not changed by mods can be kept up to date. I also have a way to make the files that are check only update if there is ever a big patch and we need everyone to have the newer file. hope that answers your question
Unread 03-11-2005, 10:04 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killarny
A few suggestions:

1) Allow the name of a POI to have carriage returns in it - check out POI 478 for an example of why this would be useful.
I'm pretty sure I can do this, let me talk with a couple people and check it out.
Quote:
2) Change the Description field to be an optional field. Most people seem to be duplicating the name field anyway - but the description is nice for quest and activatable objects.
If description=name (dont include)
Will this be suitable?
Quote:
3) In the dropdown list of selectable zones, add an empty entry, for when you are not viewing a map.
On my todo list.
Quote:
4) When you are viewing a map, 'select' the proper name in the dropdown list (or select the empty entry suggested above) - currently the list always shows "Antonica (East)"
Done, thanks to taco-man.
Quote:
5) Please, please, please add the ability for admins to directly edit a POI There are so many POIs that I want to fix!! Please?
This is a BIG thing that I'm currently working on. I'm trying to find out how the best way to do this is. If you look at the Admin options>pending POIs page, you will see that there is a section with a link to COrrect this POI. I'm getting there, through this type of access, and a direct way to do it.
Quote:
6) Stormhold level 3 still has the wrong picture on the website, but I am afraid to use the uploading tool to try to fix it..
I did not know there was a better picture of it done yet. I will get on this right now, followed by admin editing. Currently there is not a way to upload website maps. I'll get to this later on down the road when I redo the Zone management page.
Unread 03-11-2005, 10:12 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Stormhold 3 has been replaced by the one that I have on my comp from the updater...Is it supposed to look completely out of place and tiny? If so this is something that should probably be fixed somehow.
Unread 03-12-2005, 12:10 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

i think i will spend what time i have this weekend on the website unless some new feature for the updater is requested that takes along time to do. so expect alot of the requests for the site to be done sometime this weekend.
Unread 03-12-2005, 01:56 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

1) Allow the name of a POI to have carriage returns in it - check out POI 478 for an example of why this would be useful.
-Eloa had enabled this, but for some reason it was making maps on the website go black (the image would not display) so i had to disable it until the cause of this is determined.

2) Change the Description field to be an optional field. Most people seem to be duplicating the name field anyway - but the description is nice for quest and activatable objects.
-I have added a checkbox to check if it doesnt need a description

3) In the dropdown list of selectable zones, add an empty entry, for when you are not viewing a map.
-There is now a "select a zone" entry for when you are not at a paticular map
Unread 03-12-2005, 05:22 PM
A Griffon

Server: Neriak

Awesome fixes there guys.. you are both great

A couple small things to mention: (sorry)

- what do you think about having the description disabled by default? My logic is that the number of POI types that do not normally need a description outweighs the number that do

- If description=name (dont include) sounds great.. can we do this as a filter of some sort on the generated xml? (if you haven't already) - something to filter out all the ones that have already been added that way. Another possibility is also filter out 'N/A' and 'x' descriptions, as myself and some other people have been using that as well.

- If the above isn't feasible, what about a way for admins to delete the description? This looks like even more of a need, since I just saw a POI with a description that should not be in game. Course, we can just delete the whole POI and resubmit, so I dunno. Your call here.

- the POIs with name and no description still generate as 'blah blah: ' Can the ': ' be removed for those?

Last edited by Killarny : 03-12-2005 at 05:26 PM.
Unread 03-12-2005, 07:23 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Quote:
A couple small things to mention: (sorry)
Oh, don't say that. You're not being a bother at all. These are all some points that we dont see that much since we're hardly ever actually ingame.

I have the POI editing at least half way done and that will be a big help on these topics.

I'll have taco change the default checkbox, that is a good point.

I will add the name=description to the existing POI's to get rid of the ugliness already in there. When I do this I will also fix the : being in there.

"I JUST SAW A POI WITH A DESCRIPTION THAT SHOULD NOT BE IN GAME"
^^^ I PLAN TO SOON HAVE A BLACKLIST OF PEOPLE THAT WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SUBMIT POI'S. ALL YOU ADMINS ARE ENCOURAGED TO ADD TO THIS LIST WHEN IT COMES OUT. USERS: DONT BE STUPID.
Unread 03-12-2005, 08:18 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

The info contained in the poi's is real usefull especialy if you still have fog on your map and would normaly be running around "blind" as it were, But some of the info is in the wrong places on the maps Antonica for one , also some of the poi's in TS are still messed up a bit... I know it has stuff to do with the zone erect (well maybe lol, havent read too much about the details of how this all works)

Also there is some poi's missing, some places I know and others I have just discoverd, So where do I post Poi's ? lol , At the moment I can help with the Ant and TS ones if needed
Unread 03-12-2005, 08:39 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Laffs:
You can submit a POI by going to http://maps.eq2interface.com and click Submit A POI on the left navbar.

If you find a POI that is off by more than just a couple #s on the /loc, you can take it out of the mod and tell us it is bad. Just go to the map that it is in, click on it (or if you have the UID you can use the Jump to POI on the right navbar to go straight to it) then on the individual POI page, just enter a comment on why it is wrong, click the bad checkbox, and hit submit and bam, its outta the mod and on our list of POIs to review.

Thanks for helping out.
Unread 03-12-2005, 09:18 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Admins: You can now edit POI's. Go to the individual POI view, and click Edit this POI.

Since I just did this, in a hurry none the less, make sure I have all the bases covered and it works right and lemme know any probs or suggestions.
Unread 03-12-2005, 10:19 PM
A Griffon

Oks thanks for the info.. on my running about I have to do now I will start taking some notes with locs , What I have found that dont seem to be listed anywhere is a burrow in NE ant with nothing in it lol .. but some guy has been camped not far from there for like 3 days now lol , so whatever pops in there I guess he is killing it... I will go back and add the poi , but unless I find anything thats all the info I can give on that one, unless that dude will talk to me hes always AFK when I go past there, Either he is camping somthing with good loot or just killing bears and stuff, I dunno, I did think this maybe where the rumbler was?

Anyway enough rumbling ... erm I mean rambling for now lol

I will do best to give some good feedback on poi's
Unread 03-14-2005, 02:25 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

I finally got around to trying the map mod. I'm super impressed with the auto-patcher. Installation and such was so easy that once I got into the game I had already forgotten that I had installed a new UI piece!

I was running around TS, and needed to check map, and hit 'M' and was like. WOW! I forgot I put that on here.

I might be missing a feature, but one thing I would like to suggest.
Which goes along with the POI's problem that seems to be cropping up.

I would like an additional text pane below the map that I could open or close like with the scroll up mods.
The text pane could have the listing of all the NPCs and if you click on one, it would highlight the POI.
As I can tell now, you just have to search with the mouse to find the right POI tooltip.
Eola just suggested check boxes for showing POIS also, so it might be possible to combine these two features. Have an exanding text pane below the map window with alphabetical listing of NPCs wtih check boxes by the names. Checking the box shows the POI or not.
Selecting the POI could possibly highlight the POI.
I'm not sure we can do that with the 'highlighting' of the POI Yet though.
Unread 03-19-2005, 02:01 AM
a hedgehog

Server: Nagafen

We need a hit counter on this site!
Unread 03-19-2005, 02:09 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

assuming i am provided the format the code for the zone should have to display the list of pois (from Quib or someone else) i will be happy to write the php to generate it for all the zones.
Unread 03-19-2005, 02:53 AM
a hedgehog

I REQUEST!
A temporary POI entry. This way you can see any spot you want temporarily. like the one at gry-online. Even though we have arrows on our maps i still think this should be included!
Unread 03-19-2005, 04:04 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

for the website right?
Unread 03-20-2005, 12:45 AM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

I have added a user information page, click on a username anywhere on the site to view their profile and statistics. It's still in the works but theres a little there right now. If you see anywhere on the site that doesnt have a link on the username, let me know please.
Unread 03-20-2005, 06:00 PM
Wrath of Evil
Premium Member

Server: Everfrost

Is the skin option implemented on the site?

If it is, I can't find it.
Unread 03-20-2005, 07:47 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itanius
Is the skin option implemented on the site?

If it is, I can't find it.
Not yet, it should be before too long. If itheres anyone who is really good at creating AND IMPLEMENTING skins, send me a msg. I need someone dedicated to work on this area.
Unread 03-21-2005, 02:11 AM
a hedgehog

Lightbulb

i have a suggestion

where is shows

Currently 1207 POI's
in 81 Zones.MOBsNPCsLOCs373282230

( ^^ that didnt copy well )

1. id like to be able to click the underlined words and see a list of each.
2. A search option. Kinda like the UID finder, except it searches names and descriptions.
3. in user stats, show how many mobs, npcs, and locs they did separately.
4. when i enter a temporary poi star thing, id like to have the coords remain in the text-input box. This is so i can verify i typed it correctly.

5. heres a good one. The map follows the screen down. When you hover over a poi in the poi table, it highlights the dot
OR
have the table BESIDE the map, with a separate scrollbar from the page. That way the map can stay in place. When you over over an entry in the table, the dot on the map highlights. <iframe> tag might help with that one.

just some thoughts to keep yall busy while i make maps

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 03-21-2005 at 02:43 AM.
Unread 03-21-2005, 02:12 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

the loc should stay in the box when you put one in, are you sure its not showing in there?
Unread 03-21-2005, 02:42 AM
a hedgehog

ok ya it stays now. one more

top 50 submitters top 5 is just not enough
Unread 03-21-2005, 05:02 AM
A Griffon

maybe add the ability to delete your own comments to the POI's

For example:

http://maps.eq2interface.com/showpoi.php?id=1491

Somehow (i have no idea how i did it) I retagged this POI with the exact same comments about 5 hours after the 1st one. And after it had already been corrected by Humudce. This meant one of the admins had to unflag it manually (Quib seems to have been a little confused ) again.

If i could have deleted my own comment that wouldnt have been needed.

Perhaps just the ability to delete your own comments if there are no later replies.
Unread 03-21-2005, 11:33 AM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyis3l33t
top 50 submitters top 5 is just not enough
Its up, just click on the Top 5 Submitters header. suggestions for any more info I could put here is appreciated.
Closed Thread