EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 08-30-2013, 11:37 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Possible issue with Journal Quest Tracker

Not sure if this is a problem or if it's something that was changed...but here goes, to the best of my ability to explain it.

For about the past 4, maybe 5 days, I've noticed something odd with how quests are tracked. Normally, if you are on a quest - say, go kill 3 different creatures, for example - and you kill one of the needed creatures, you know you've done what you're supposed to do by the quest tracker briefly flashing the quest in the list - and did it also move the quest to the top of the list to make it easier to see? - plus you get a larger message on the screen to tell you such and such was killed.

But...this is not happening any more. The counter that watches how many creatures that needs to be killed for whatever quest does change, and if the quest is completed, that registers too...but nothing else happens to let you know that you just completed one part of a multi-part quest. You seem to have to be watching the quest tracker at the moment the quest requirements are met to notice that they were. There was also an audio indication that requirements for a quest have been met. This is now only happening when an entire quest is completed, and not during the completion of the individual stages of any quest. I did notice just now as I was testing it ingame that when a Daily Objective is met, that particular one flashes, but nothing else does.

I use Fetish for my custom UI, but I have also tried this under Drums, Profit and the original default - and I get the same results. I looked to see if, maybe, something changed in my settings, and I can say that I saw nothing obvious out of place. I tried the usual SonyEQ suggestions of clearing out the game cache and re-verifying the program files, but that did nothing to correct the problem. The only thing I have not tried, yet, is a complete wipe and reload.

If anyone else has encountered this before, or if you have any suggestions on how to fix it, I eagerly await hearing your thoughts about it.

Thank you for taking time to read this today.

Sincerely,
Mike/Mornaric

Last edited by Mornaric : 08-30-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Unread 08-30-2013, 12:33 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

It's not the UI, the last game patch broke something in quest updates. It's not just the helper window, the bug's reported to actually prevent updates entirely for some (fortunately not many) quests. The devs are trying to get a fix for it into the next hotfix.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...broken.539045/
Unread 08-30-2013, 01:34 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Ah, thanks for the info mate. Good to know I'm not seeing...or not seeing...things.

Good on ya, and the devs too!