EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 05-19-2015, 01:52 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone
Default Minor Feature Request

It might not be possible, but I wish ProfitUI's little logon screen would either allow me an option to set a cookie or even better, work with LastPass (https://lastpass.com/) to let me save the password.

The local cookie's not secure. LastPass is secure.
Unread 05-19-2015, 05:18 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Not really possible. In order for the login password to be passed to the game it has to be in cleartext in a file included in the UI folder - the UI simply doesn't have the ability to pull the data in from anything else.

I honestly recommend against people using login windows in EQ2 for that reason - having passwords in cleartext like that is always a Bad Idea. Fetish has a similar login feature dating back to Zonx that if not for a few requests I had planned to remove.
Unread 11-15-2015, 08:04 PM
A Griffon

Not sure what you're referring too. If you're talking about the EQ2 Launchpad, then you can just click the check box when entering the username/pass to save the inputs.

If you're referring to ingame option. When you switch characters. You can edit the file ProfitUI_LoginData located in the \UI\ProfitUI folder. Looks like so:
<Data username="Username" password="___________" Name="Character" server="_______" />

But as Lordebon, mentioned. I too wouldn't recommend it either. It truly only takes a few seconds to enter the User/pass info.

I have edited the file once before, and used it quite a bit. but with the new login screen I like it. so gives me a chance to look at it sometimes.

Hope that helps. if not hope I understood you correctly.
Unread 11-16-2015, 11:40 AM
A Griffon

The Launchpad has a flag you can set to remember your password. Profit's own login screen does not. A feature like could be added, but I agree with the view that it should not. Security is more of a problem with every day that passes, and I have chosen to abandon convenience features that might expose sensitive data. That is true generally and not just with EQ2.

FWIW, I hardly ever see Profit's screen in normal use. Generally, that's where I land if there is an error in launching the game, such as when I have the version set to live and try to launch with a character from Test (or vice versa). Having seen it, however, I don't see any advantage to using it. I'd be interested to see how popular it is among other Profit users. In particular, I'd be curious to find out if Profit's login screen offers anything that the current Launchpad does not.

-= Therendil =-