EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 08-26-2007, 04:22 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone
Default LoN Window

I'm curious if any of the major UI Authors have looked at the trading card game windows.

The reason I ask is that I've found the following:

The tcgdialogue file appears to be what pops up when you click the LoN button from the start menu, and it contains just 3 options.

My problem is in my resolution, the window is being cut off rather badly, as shown in pictures HERE.

I've looked at the files and I can't find any way to increase the window or make it moveable. I've heard that upping the resolution fixes the issue, but that's not possible for me on my laptop.

So, any thoughts?
Unread 08-26-2007, 05:04 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

I have nothing to add in way of a solution but wanted to chime in and say that my LoN window opens the same way on 3 different accounts on 3 different systems. I'm sure that others are having the same issue but just wanted to add my name to the list in case it mattered.
Unread 08-26-2007, 05:08 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

After doing some research, it seems to be a problem with using a relatively low resolution like my 1280x800.

I've tinkered with the UI file and it seems that there is some kind of area on the screen that the game runs in, and that's it. I've made the window bigger but that doesn't do anything, as it's still only displayed in that area. It seems it's something that only then can fix, so I guess I'm stuck not playing it on my laptop for now, hehe.
Unread 08-26-2007, 05:17 PM
A Griffon

I guess I should have included my resolutions

All systems are Desktops with 2 running at 1440x900 and 1 running at 1280x1024. Regardless, all 3 are cut off at the top upon opening the window. This is with the Default LoN Window.
Unread 08-26-2007, 08:07 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Interesting.

I think that there might be a sort of wrapper window that is completely transparent that the LoN window moves around in. If that's the case, that would explain why when I move the visible LoN window around (with much difficulty in being able to find a spot to move it by, mind you) it disappears when moved beyond certain points. I've noted that the exact same thing happens with other windows when parts of them are moveable and they're not a top-level window.
Unread 08-28-2007, 01:39 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Antonia Bayle

im having the exact same issues with a rather common resolution:

desktop 1280x1024 and eq2 in a 1024x768 window (always want to keep my ssh client at sight)

if someone wants a sshot: http://home.arcor.de/parse/hm/lon.png

Last edited by therealmosha : 08-28-2007 at 02:58 PM.
Unread 08-28-2007, 06:41 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Here's your problem.

The entire Default UI is based on a screen/window resolution of 1024x768. Window locations are saved relative to this size. Each window location can be saved so that its left edge sits on the left side, the top edge sits at the top, the right edge stays on the right, or the bottom edge stays at the bottom. When you switch to a resolution other than 1024x768 every child window can move or resize automatically so that they stay on the edges of the screen.

The Fetish UI is based on a screen/window resolution of 1280x1024. So, if you put a window from the Default UI into the Fetish UI, if the window's right or bottom edge is stored relative to a 1024x768 screen size it's not going to look right.

To fix this problem copy the file called eq2ui_mainhud_tcg.xml to your custom UI folder and go to line 2. In the Default UI it says:

<Page AbsorbsInput="false" eq2opensound="ui_window_main_open" MinimumSize="900,200" Name="TCG" PackSize="a,a" PackSizeProp="0000/0001,0000/0001" ScrollExtent="1024,768" Size="1024,768" Visible="false">

Change that line to:

<Page AbsorbsInput="false" eq2opensound="ui_window_main_open" MinimumSize="900,200" Name="TCG" PackSize="a,a" PackSizeProp="0000/0001,0000/0001" ScrollExtent="1280,1024" Size="1280,1024" Visible="false">

That should fix it I think.

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 08-28-2007, 11:19 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Thanks Othesus!

Your advice worked for me. The window is smack in the middle of my screen with the outer frame intact.

Much appreciated!
Unread 08-29-2007, 09:16 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

*Smacks forehead*

Man, I'd never even though about that, and the whole time it was sitting right in front of my face hehe. Thanks, Othesus. =)
Unread 08-29-2007, 11:57 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

works perfectly, thanks
Unread 08-29-2007, 11:57 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Server: Mistmoore

I tried making those changes as stated above, but it just cut off the size of the window and didn't actually resize the tcg window (was still too big, not shrunk).

Any other ideas? Using Profit but default window for tcg.

Thanks!
Unread 08-29-2007, 01:41 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigus View Post
I tried making those changes as stated above, but it just cut off the size of the window and didn't actually resize the tcg window (was still too big, not shrunk).

Any other ideas? Using Profit but default window for tcg.

Thanks!
Oh, what's the problem? Can you attach a screenshot? Profit should work fine with LoN since the interface is based on a 1024x768 screen size.

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 09-11-2007, 01:49 AM
A Griffon

Beautiful. Thank you kindly.