Closed Thread
Unread 03-23-2005, 10:30 AM
EQ2MAP Webmaster
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unkown
Exclamation [OFFICIAL] maps.eq2interface.com Scheduled DOWNTIME March 25-27

THIS WILL NOT (should not...) EFFECT THE UPDATER OR YOUR GAME

IF DURING THIS TIME YOU SEE OR HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE UPDATER OR THE MAPS INGAME PLEASE POST INFORMATION, WE WILL MAKE THOSE PROBLEMS OUR TOP PRIORITY TO GET YOU BACK UP AND RUNNING!

This weekend some major changes have to be made to the website, I'll probably be staying up all night friday doing this. I plan on working it until it's complete, but of course, I need a little sleep too. The site can and probably will become partially or completely unusable during some of this time. If you encounter an error message, or if you have any problems with the site, please do not post it here until you see an [OFFICIAL] announcement that the site is back up for use.

Thanks go to Taco-man for the excellent support and helping with many of the major things in the website. Combined we have a total of 250k in almost 5000 lines of completely hand written code right now, not to mention everything we had to redo cuz it didnt work right in the first 100 lines we tried. The website is currently maintaining almost 500k or generated code.

Thanks so much to Dolby for hosting us and the wonderful support and answering my relatively dumb questions when I get stuck.

Unread 03-26-2005, 01:18 AM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

This is post-poned until saturday the 26th as I'm dead tired tonight.
Unread 03-26-2005, 02:26 AM
A Griffon

During my fiddling on the 25th I modified (in some way or another):
functions_to_include.php
home.php
includeshowpoi.php
includesubmitpoi.php
includeviewpoi.php
newpois.php
viewpoi.php

It was all in relation to improving the cluster check coding. You also may notice the POI UIDs are counting up in the 15000s... there aren't actually 1500, they stop around 2000 then restart around 15000 because I totally messed up on one try of generating cluster POIs and accidentally created over 10000 POIs in Nektulos (all fixed and working correctly now). I'm really really sorry about that, but everything is working well now and I'm really proud of how I got the cluster POIs to do.

Quib

Last edited by Quib : 03-26-2005 at 02:28 AM.
Unread 03-26-2005, 04:05 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Beta 1

I just started using the auto-updater today and you asked people to report problems so... during your downtime I ran the autoupdater and it patched most maps fine. However once it got to the map_befallen_3.dds file it hangs at 98% every time.
Unread 03-26-2005, 04:08 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Server: Antonia Bayle

can you try running it again, or deleting the file and running it again?

EDIT: the files is located at C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\name of your custom interface folder\images\maps
Unread 03-26-2005, 04:12 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco-man
can you try running it again, or deleting the file and running it again?
Hehe way ahead of you, custom UI builder and beta tester here... already tried that with same result

In my experience when I have seen this happen on my machine and others it usually ends up turning out to be a corrupt data file on the server (SOE has found this to be the same problem on their autopatcher several times). Having the same reaction as when SOE had a corrupt data file for one of their early EQ2 beta voiceover packs.

The other possibility can come from the patcher itself... again SOE had the same problem with EQ1 and EQ2 patchers... What would happen is the patcher would try to write the data it was downloading across more than one stick of memory (even if they are good and all checks out). For some reason the SOE patcher would puke when this happened and would have the same result... download would stop at exact same point every time. If this is the problem there are obviously ways to correct it if this is the problem seeing as how SOE fixed it and many other pieces of auto-patching software dont run into this.

Not saying this is definately the problem but a good place to start. I realize your software is still in beta

Last edited by Talven81 : 03-26-2005 at 04:18 PM.
Unread 03-26-2005, 04:19 PM
Wrath of Evil
Premium Member

Server: Everfrost

Works great for me; I've never had any problems. Keep up the great work, EQ2MAP team!
Unread 03-26-2005, 04:23 PM
A Griffon

I didn't have any trouble getting that file, but I re-uploaded map_befallen_3.dds.

If the updater still hangs on that file for you Talven81, post again. We'll see if we can tackle this bug if it's reoccurring.

Quib
Unread 03-26-2005, 04:37 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Hmm interesting, now that you re-uploaded it repatched befallen 2 which I previously downloaded fine with your patcher, now it's hanging on that file.

If this can't be resolved here I am downloading a copy of the Visual Studio .NET CD of mine that got trashed so I can reinstall it on this machine. Hopefully it can throw some debugging info back at me. Will be a bit before I get it up and running again tho.

BTW it is a complete patcher hang not just download hang... I have to terminate the patcher via task manager.

Last edited by Talven81 : 03-26-2005 at 04:40 PM.
Unread 03-26-2005, 04:50 PM
A Griffon

Hm, I suspect there is something else causing you trouble than the files on the server. I just did a complete patch starting with no files and got everything.

Debugging info may be the only thing that'd help at this point. Are you using .NET Framework 1.1 or the 2.0 beta?

I'll do some brainstorming and see if any other things that could be causing this cross my mind.

Quib
Unread 03-26-2005, 04:51 PM
A Forest Scavenger

.net 1.1

Although I love beta testing I do not enjoy beta testing microsoft products... their full versions ARE the beta, and their betas are the alphas LOL.

Hang on... I just noticed something... let me see if this is the issue.
Unread 03-26-2005, 05:01 PM
A Forest Scavenger

OK that was A problem but not THE problem...

I'm an idiot and wiped my system recently and didn't install .net 1.1 like I do every other time however it's now installed and still having the same issue (also reinstalled autopatcher).

(See even the techs make stupid mistakes sometimes all you PC beginners, hehe)
Unread 03-26-2005, 05:13 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Common file...

Ok I found another file it hangs on... maybe there are some similaraties.

map_qey_adv03_caves_0.dds

Also since it hangs at 98% are there routines run at that point? Copy file? Compile? Not sure how you are set up.
Unread 03-26-2005, 05:22 PM
A Forest Scavenger

If you would prefer to move this conversation to troubleshooting thread let me know. I just thought it might have something to do with todays changes.

Also is there a manual download for the updated maps?

Last edited by Talven81 : 03-26-2005 at 05:26 PM.
Unread 03-26-2005, 08:54 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Just FYI...Changes did not take place until about 3 hours after you first posted.
Unread 03-26-2005, 08:59 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

I dont have time to get done nearly what I had planned to, but everything that is getting changed has already been done...thanks for you're patience.
Closed Thread