EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 11-21-2005, 03:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

EQ2 Maps is too small. Everything it too scrunched together. Like the minimap but would also like a HUGE map option.
Unread 11-21-2005, 04:17 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

not a big poster here but i recently jumped from fetish to thorui ?? and a suggestion that would be great is to add an access quest spoiler like you did on the heritage quest spoiler
Unread 11-22-2005, 03:12 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Highkeep
Send a message via AIM to Lycanthor
Default Chat Window Scrollbar

I use 2 chat windows simultaneously. One is on the left side, one on the right. The problem is that both windows have the scrollbar on the left. That leaves a really ugly scroll bar sticking up from the bottom middle of my screen. It would be nice to be able to select which side you want the scrollbar control to be for each chat window.

LyCaNtHoR (Highkeep)

Last edited by Lycanthor : 11-22-2005 at 03:21 AM. Reason: left=right right=left DOH!
Unread 11-22-2005, 02:33 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Just some thoughts

Your ui is great best i've seen yet. Here's what i would like to see if you can implement.

1. Restructure the Health Window to show a characters Avoidance and Mitigation. Fenix Ui using one that i had i find it helpful.

2. A new raid window. A transparent none colorless one would be great. Also i know most raid windows are buggy but if possible is there a way to make it actually show who the leader is for each group cuz now it just picks a random.

3. Is there also a way to disable the spell info when you hover over a spell to be casted in your hotbar i find this extremely aggravating. Im not sure if there is anything you can do or if this is just SOE driving my nuts

Thanks again for this awesome ui

Sidious
Unread 11-22-2005, 03:16 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegesus
3. Is there also a way to disable the spell info when you hover over a spell to be casted in your hotbar i find this extremely aggravating. Im not sure if there is anything you can do or if this is just SOE driving my nuts

If you want to completely turn these off, I believe it will do a blanket effect and disable ALL tooltips. However, I believe there is a setting in the Options >> User Interface section which will allow you to control exactly how much info is given in the tooltips for the hotkeys (I'm not in game at the moment, so I can't accurately tell you where to look).

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 11-23-2005, 10:45 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

This is a small detail, but one that I'm surprised is not in the UI already: I'd like house vault toggle bags, exactly like the bank toggle bags. I know it's only 2 slots, but I'm addicted to the toggle feature.

Also, my monitor has a max res of 1280x1024, but I like to play with all my inventory open all the time. Even with the smaller icons, they take up an awful lot of room. Could you make a "micro" feature that shrinks them another 33%?
Unread 11-23-2005, 09:06 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Highkeep
Thumbs Up How about..

MAybe bringing back that old 'paperdoll' screen as part of the personna window? I can't seem to get a decent SOGA pic to stick on eq2players..

BTW - I just wanted to let you guys who work on Thor UI know you are the best. I don't know how i ever got along without this mod. Keep up the good work!!
Unread 11-24-2005, 06:23 PM
A Brown Bear

Default tradeskill window

put me down for the 1200x1600 placement file also.

I use your tradeskill window, and am happy with it except that it does not show the current buffs in effect. it will gray out an event if you counter it, but I would like to see all buffs that i use in this window. ( i know I could just look in the maintained spells bar, but it would be nice to have all info in ts window) I think the default ts window shows all buffs, although I like your ts window setup better.
Also it does cut off some long names, you might have addressed this already with a resizable ts window
Unread 11-24-2005, 09:23 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default food in inventory

this is my first thread, so bear with me, i love the idea that i can click on an icon and my UI updates itself. With that said, if you could get the inventory window to show the food that is equipped, i for one would really appreciate it immensly.
Unread 11-25-2005, 01:19 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default recast times on hotbar

I've wondered for quite a while now if there would be a way to change how the hotbars show the recast times to show the actual countdown ontop of a shaded hotkey. I think that would make it much easier to quickly glance and tell how long you have til you can cast a particular spell.... just a thought =)
Unread 11-25-2005, 09:18 AM
A Berserk Golem

Before it sounds like I'm bitching, I wanted to say how much I love the UI. I've tried others but I use ThorUI and recommend it to others in the game.

Now, on to it... I'm diabetic and my eyesite is failing. However, color makes an item stand out for me. The item I'm concerned about is the cursor. Is there a way to make the at rest cursor a different color and/or size? If so, a selection for all modes of cursor display would be very helpful to those of us that have difficulty seeing for medical reasons.

Thanks,
Badattitude, Faydark
The Hot Barbarian
Unread 11-25-2005, 05:25 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedak
this is my first thread, so bear with me, i love the idea that i can click on an icon and my UI updates itself. With that said, if you could get the inventory window to show the food that is equipped, i for one would really appreciate it immensly.
Take a gander at the last 4 or 5 posts on this page (bottom of page 1):

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=4881

Unread 11-25-2005, 05:28 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradshoe003
I've wondered for quite a while now if there would be a way to change how the hotbars show the recast times to show the actual countdown ontop of a shaded hotkey. I think that would make it much easier to quickly glance and tell how long you have til you can cast a particular spell.... just a thought =)

Interesting idea, bradshoe...however......

I could be wrong, but I am thinking this is something that SOE would have to implement, as it sounds like this would effect how the hotkeys themselves work.

Perhaps a /feedback would get the proverbial ball rolling on this.

Unread 11-25-2005, 05:36 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacraed
Is there a way to make the at rest cursor a different color and/or size? If so, a selection for all modes of cursor display would be very helpful to those of us that have difficulty seeing for medical reasons.
Unfortunately, I believe the cursor's size is directly controlled by what resolution is being used. I don't think it would be possible to say, use a 1024x768 res cursor while using an overall 1280x1024 resolution.

I also don't believe there is a way to single out one particular item, such as the cursor/pointer, when designating colors.

Unread 11-25-2005, 05:39 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrace
MAybe bringing back that old 'paperdoll' screen as part of the personna window? I can't seem to get a decent SOGA pic to stick on eq2players..

You can get the paperdoll view by clicking (and holding) on your name on the stats tab.....

Unread 11-28-2005, 11:01 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...0&postcount=31

Any word on that? How possible would that be?
Unread 11-28-2005, 12:06 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest
Send a message via Yahoo to Faetyl

Toggle vault bags as I know it now, is not an option.
The interface with EQ2 is basically just window skinning. (We can do VERY little at this time.)
Note: I will certainly investigate this possibility futher as it's a great idea.

Smaller bags?
Sure, bear in mind the main interface is my priority and SOE is constantly updating/adding features (Not a bad thing, just hard for one man to keep up and still have a life)

Posted suggestions here will be considered and if at all possible; implemented with time. (I want to get all the fancy features, because I use this thing too.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpoland
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...0&postcount=31

Any word on that? How possible would that be?
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 11-28-2005, 12:58 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Lucan DLere

I downloaded ThorUI AU recently on the advice of a friend and I love this UI. Great job to all those responsible. Also, the fact that requests and critiques are welcomed is awesome. So with that last bit in mind ...

1) my map window is HUGE! and the icons are diff from my old eq2maps window. The icons I dont mind since the old dots were like a zone wide skittles disaster, but can the map window itself be resized or given as an option?

also, as a map request, is it possible to make a tranparent map showing just the basic outline structure of the current zone for travel purposes, then on mouse over all the icons and other features become visable? Maybe as a togglable option?

2) I used the jaxel journal mod before. The journal mod I see now with Thor is similar but one thing is missing that I liked. On the left column where the quests are listed by zone, Jaxel had catagories for heritage, misc, hallmark, L&L, access etc etc always at the top and in yellow. This was followed by all other zones in white listed alphabetically.

Can the yellow special catagories be implemented? It really makes my searches much more convienent.

Other than that, I'm really wow'd by ThorUI AU. It's great!
Unread 11-28-2005, 05:24 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

No offense but neither question relates to the ThorUI

1.) Is EQMaps and I don't have anything to do with that. (I have enough to keep me busy) The new map is the new EQMap as it's going thorugh an update (hence no map plugins are working) Find out more by visiting their site.

2.) SOE added a drop down journal sort feature many moons ago that was left out of others custom mods. So what you see is actually a SOE default feature. Just change the drop down to sort by category rather than current zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synslayer
I downloaded ThorUI AU recently on the advice of a friend and I love this UI. Great job to all those responsible. Also, the fact that requests and critiques are welcomed is awesome. So with that last bit in mind ...

1) my map window is HUGE! and the icons are diff from my old eq2maps window. The icons I dont mind since the old dots were like a zone wide skittles disaster, but can the map window itself be resized or given as an option?

also, as a map request, is it possible to make a tranparent map showing just the basic outline structure of the current zone for travel purposes, then on mouse over all the icons and other features become visable? Maybe as a togglable option?

2) I used the jaxel journal mod before. The journal mod I see now with Thor is similar but one thing is missing that I liked. On the left column where the quests are listed by zone, Jaxel had catagories for heritage, misc, hallmark, L&L, access etc etc always at the top and in yellow. This was followed by all other zones in white listed alphabetically.

Can the yellow special catagories be implemented? It really makes my searches much more convienent.

Other than that, I'm really wow'd by ThorUI AU. It's great!
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 11-28-2005, 07:04 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Lucan DLere

OK. I am not programing savy here so my mistake. I thought Thor made the skin for the map because I hadnt seen it before and the journal wasnt like anything I'd seen before but similer to Jaxel's. so I thought it was a Thor project.

Sorry to have posted with non relevant issues. Thank you for letting me know. In any case, its still something I'd like to see altered tho regardless of who is responsible it was just my little wish list
Unread 11-29-2005, 03:13 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Butcherblock

I really have to say that the new journal is great Faetyl, keep up the great work

I did notice though that the Efreeti Lore and Legend is missing from the list, nothing big, but adding that would be great
Unread 11-29-2005, 04:51 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

I'm afraid you have misunderstood me. Or id didn't explain myself correctly...

EQ2Map is indeed done by them and any suggestions and or issues should be posted in those forums.

The Journal is indeed modded by me but the category sort you are requesting is already there.
Just click on the sort dropdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synslayer
OK. I am not programing savy here so my mistake. I thought Thor made the skin for the map because I hadnt seen it before and the journal wasnt like anything I'd seen before but similer to Jaxel's. so I thought it was a Thor project.

Sorry to have posted with non relevant issues. Thank you for letting me know. In any case, its still something I'd like to see altered tho regardless of who is responsible it was just my little wish list
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-29-2005, 04:52 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Doh, thanks for the catch.
I'll try and get it added soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faelen
I really have to say that the new journal is great Faetyl, keep up the great work

I did notice though that the Efreeti Lore and Legend is missing from the list, nothing big, but adding that would be great
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-29-2005, 10:06 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I love the new journal as well! It's arranged beautifully.

Actually, would it be at all possible to make "micro" versions of the full paper doll inventory screen, and the map as well?

Last edited by kpoland : 11-30-2005 at 09:43 AM.
Unread 11-30-2005, 04:10 PM
A Forest Scavenger

First, I love this UI. It allows me to play the game with a similar look and feel to SOE's intended style, but with all the funcationality I am looking for.

That said, I'd like to see 2 modifications to the UI.

While both of these changes might not be for everyone, maybe you could include them as options in your Updater UI so they can be selected.

1. If the "notes" functionality is going to be included....please make the updater stop overwriting my notes. I have spent some time creating and keeping notes for my quests, and such and would like to keep my UI updated at the same time as keeping my notes in place. I currently have to copy out my text files each time I run the updater,,,and copy them back. Found this out the hard way after I had 5 very long notes that got overwritten without notice or an option to copy them.

2. I would like an option to use another "Player Window". I prefer something that is a bit larger so I can see my health bar, and power bar especially as I'm running low on either one. I've found myself either running from an encounter too early, or too late because I can't see how much health is remaining easily. I'm usually otherwise pre-occupied to watch the number values closely during combat.

A couple of choices would be:
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4025

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3988

Thanks in advance!