EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 01-26-2013, 12:14 PM
A Brown Bear
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk
Default TS Window issue

I don't know if it is meant to be this way (if so I will find a different TS window) or if is just an accident but the TS window has a very annoying behaviour.

When I use *enter* to repeat a combine it will put the cursor in the search field instead of focusing on the buttons, and clicking on the window doesn't return focus to the buttons, I have to actually click a button with my mouse in order to restore focus. Other UI mods maintain focus on the buttons after using *enter* to *repeat* or *begin*.

I will sometimes manually click the *repeat* and *begin* buttons but since they are placed in different spots on the window it makes it more work than if they were placed all in the same place, like the bottom right corner for instance.

Also is there a setting to force the Depot window to keeps its size and positioning? I keep making it smaller/narrower and it returns to default the next time I log in. I have given up trying.

Thanks,

DM
Unread 01-26-2013, 01:28 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

That's a known problem. I've got the tradeskill window (at least the default variant of it) sitting in my work area to fix. The problem is that getting the Enter key and all that to work required a lot of complicated scripting, and the addition of the tabs broke the scripting (it's not just the change in structure, it's that there's now essentially two portions of the window overlaid to consider). Then the UI Builder that I had to use to get the tabs completely right broke things some more. Then work decided they really wanted 50-hour weeks out of me since about last November (yay for reduced headcount), between that and life in general it's eaten into the time I have free for my own projects. I want to get the default TS window variant completely finished and then fix up at least the larger variant, it's just a matter of finding time to compare the scripting and the new structure and work out how to do the same things the old scripting did without doing anything like making parts of the Experiment tab show up when you've got the Crafting tab open and slide the window out or in. For instance, the last try I did at making the Enter key work resulted in it not working. I know what I probably did wrong, but it requires new scripting in the button OnShow/OnHide methods to make each button the default only when it's tab is up (I can't do it in the tab OnShow/OnHide because of the way the default flips between the start and restart buttons).
Unread 01-26-2013, 01:53 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Guk

Thank you for the reply, I understand reduced headcount, my husband, like you, was lucky enough to survive the last wave of reductions. Good to know you still have a job

I am happy it's on your radar, I wasn't sure if you were ware since I seem to remember you not being much of a crafter, or maybe I am thinking of someone else?

Anyhoo, thanks for keeping this UI going, I couldn't play the game without it.

Sincerely,
DM
Unread 01-27-2013, 02:13 AM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoragonMama View Post
I am happy it's on your radar, I wasn't sure if you were ware since I seem to remember you not being much of a crafter, or maybe I am thinking of someone else?
I do craft, and I've got experimentation on 2 of my toons too. But I mainly craft by mouse-clicks, so I tend to put some of the more advanced keyboard-only behavior in the "really nice to have, but it's possible to craft without it" bucket. As opposed to say an earlier bug where the start button for experimentation didn't show up, which is "must fix now, can't craft at all without it".

Right now I've got tomorrow penciled in for "get the blasted scripting completely working". There's a few other weirdnesses I want to fix along the way too.