EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 10-08-2013, 09:32 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest
Default One small change that would make me incredibly happy

I used Profit for years before moving to Drums, and now I am really happy with it, except for one really small thing... when you AFK on Profit, you get a fancy little red AFK tag over your name in the mini target window (the Self > Target > Implied window), so it was easy to tell if your AFK was up or not. I miss that so much. Since switching, at least once a week I leave my afk tag up for hours at a time without realizing it lol! Any chance this could be added?
Maevyen - 95 Wizard          Maedonna - 95 Berserker
Maelani - 95 Mystic          Maehymn - 95 Troubadour
Maedelyn - 95 Warden         Maewyn - 95 Brigand
Maeniac - 95 Inquisitor      Maerilyn - 95 Assassin
Maenie - 95 Channeler        Maelynne - 95 Beastlord
Unrest Server
Unread 10-09-2013, 12:09 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Sure, I'll write it down. I'm working on updates this week.
Unread 10-09-2013, 12:31 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Oasis

oh please separate player window types as variations too, or once defined, selected style be default so that it doesn't creep up its location.
Unread 10-09-2013, 05:16 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladespirit View Post
oh please separate player window types as variations too, or once defined, selected style be default so that it doesn't creep up its location.
Could you reword this? I'm not sure what you're asking for here.
Unread 10-13-2013, 12:03 PM
A Forest Scavenger

when the game loads up for first time of session, it starts up with default "percent and numbers".

after the game finish loading, the player UI remembers my setting and changes into "current health" version.

because the UI had started with percent & numbers(tallest among 3 versions), current health version ends up showing up little higher than my setting.

if i relog or /load_uisettings the same toon, UI shows up fine with its location but numbers are cut still tho.

also in current health version, its health and power numbers
aren't displayed right, for example, when i have 59999 HP and 48888 power, it shows like 59999 HP, 48888 power with the 5 and the 4 cut half vertical, left side invisible, in display
(with smooth font enabled, small sans disabled). resizing player window doesn't fix its number showing weird.

if i disable smooth font, i can see numbers fine but its hard on eyes

im hoping that update comes addressing problems of player window or at least made 3 versions separate preferences.

at least im not alone on this window moving issue tho. i can find few others with same issue.

05-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
Anyone know why my player window keeps moving (it seems to inch up) every time I reload the game?

I even back up and save the ui file and it still seems to move a little after reload.

So annoying. I'm not sure it has anything to do with DrumsUI, though it is the one I am using.

Thanks.
and if you look individual piece support forum, under player window's last 3 posts.

oh and thanks for reply, drums!
if you need pics, i can post em later.

Last edited by Bladespirit : 10-13-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Unread 10-14-2013, 01:59 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Pictures would help indeed.

I've heard reports of people's window's not keep their location between sessions, but I'm not sure this is a UI mod problem. I think it's more of a XML/SOE coding issue. But possibly something I could help tweak.

Personally, I never experience windows misbehaving in location/size outside of the Beastlord hotbar
Unread 10-14-2013, 02:42 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
I've heard reports of people's window's not keep their location between sessions, but I'm not sure this is a UI mod problem. I think it's more of a XML/SOE coding issue. But possibly something I could help tweak.
I've had this happen with the group window in Profit when SOE introduced the SOEmote avatars. Toggling them on changed sizes, and when toggled off things didn't go back to the exact state they were in before. It seemed to have something to do with anchoring. If the window expands around the horizontal midline but then contracts while keeping the top fixed, it'd "creep" upwards. It should be comfirmable by making the window tall enough that it doesn't grow and seeing if the creeping upwards stops.
Unread 10-14-2013, 09:48 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
I've had this happen with the group window in Profit when SOE introduced the SOEmote avatars. Toggling them on changed sizes, and when toggled off things didn't go back to the exact state they were in before. It seemed to have something to do with anchoring. If the window expands around the horizontal midline but then contracts while keeping the top fixed, it'd "creep" upwards. It should be comfirmable by making the window tall enough that it doesn't grow and seeing if the creeping upwards stops.
The group window is an issue just related to the SOEmote thing where, when it's at the bottom of the screen, opening the SOEmote bit expands the window upwards but closing it the window keeps it's vertical location and shrinks from the bottom, thus causing it to creep upward. I had to add some code to Fetish to move the window onShow/onHide of that section to keep it from doing that.

I imagine the issue here is probably similar; because it's at the bottom (I'm assuming here) it's expanding upwards, then when whatever code is there is determining it should be the smaller version is taking effect it resizes the window but doesn't change the location back to where it used to be.
Unread 10-14-2013, 01:23 PM
A Griffon
Featured

It sounds like a somewhat easy, albeit an annoying fix. I'll just grab the Top/Left coords of the window before applying any window sizing/reorganizing. Then I can just re-apply that position when the script finishes.

This could lead into problems of bottom-aligned windows with the option of Not Allowing Windows Offscreen. But too bad
Unread 10-15-2013, 03:47 PM
A Forest Scavenger

this is what i see when i log on first time of the session

zoomed

this is what i see while the game is loading for first time of the session.
this is why i assume, "percent and numbers version" is treated as default.

current health version's glitch with smooth font enabled/small sans disabled

resized to right

my entire UI setting with 3 portrait eyefinity monitors (pic shows without bezel adjustment)

zoomed my setting around player window

hehe dont laugh at my FPS its just bad with too many toons on screen

Last edited by Bladespirit : 10-15-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Unread 10-15-2013, 04:10 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Okay, thank you.

Yes this will be difficult to figure out. Since your window is on the bottom half of the screen, it uses the bottom of the window to position itself relatively.

I'll try to code something up that checks if a window is in the lower half and see if I can get the windows to move properly when resizing. I think if it's in the upper half, it wouldn't matter unless you were aligning the bottom of your window with something else.

Yes the full hp range setting is "default" as far as the visualization goes, but I think it doesn't actually default to this when logging in for the first time. I'll try to just reverse this for now for a quickfix, and do the rest of my attempted fix as I get time.
Unread 10-15-2013, 08:31 PM
A Forest Scavenger

thanks ! will be lookin forward to the updates!
Unread 10-16-2013, 04:03 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

You gotta love the letter-box feature of EQ2