EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 05-15-2016, 11:44 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Glowing plus sign during UI startup

Many thanks for the great work with ProfitUI CE! I was pleased to find out about it and very much enjoy using it.

I have a question about something I've noticed throughout the various iterations of ProfitUI: while the game and UI are starting up, there are several dummy elements that show up on screen for a brief moment, including a glowing plus sign. Now, this is the same glowing plus sign that would appear, back in the day, whenever one had received a character development upgrade, such as a grandmaster spell pick. Anymore it only appears when ProfitUI starts up.

So: can I disable this obsolete glowing plus sign? Or clear it in some way?
Unread 05-16-2016, 07:45 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrix View Post
Many thanks for the great work with ProfitUI CE! I was pleased to find out about it and very much enjoy using it.

I have a question about something I've noticed throughout the various iterations of ProfitUI: while the game and UI are starting up, there are several dummy elements that show up on screen for a brief moment, including a glowing plus sign. Now, this is the same glowing plus sign that would appear, back in the day, whenever one had received a character development upgrade, such as a grandmaster spell pick. Anymore it only appears when ProfitUI starts up.

You are seeing the UI as it loads with default settings that are built into each piece of the default UI. The green plus sign (eq2ui_mainhud_advancementbutton.xml) can be hidden by setting its visibility to false, but the game will overwrite the change the next time you run the patcher. This layout is visible because ProfitUI_CE reduces the zoning shroud to a small box instead of covering the full screen.

Unread 05-17-2016, 06:42 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
You are seeing the UI as it loads with default settings that are built into each piece of the default UI. The green plus sign (eq2ui_mainhud_advancementbutton.xml) can be hidden by setting its visibility to false, but the game will overwrite the change the next time you run the patcher. This layout is visible because ProfitUI_CE reduces the zoning shroud to a small box instead of covering the full screen.

Thanks for the lucid reply!

So is there any way around this, now or in the future? Obviously it's a purely aesthetic consideration, but I am curious.
Unread 05-17-2016, 10:23 AM
A Weald Wolf

Quote:

Can you post a SS of this? I don't see this when Profit loads, but maybe it has to with how fast the game is loading or if another window is covering it.
Unread 05-17-2016, 05:16 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zidu View Post
Can you post a SS of this? I don't see this when Profit loads, but maybe it has to with how fast the game is loading or if another window is covering it.
It's quite simple, it shows up for a half-second while starting up a character, whether after launching the game or switching between characters, along with the other filler UI stuff.
Unread 05-17-2016, 09:31 PM
A Weald Wolf

Quote:
It's quite simple, it shows up for a half-second while starting up a character, whether after launching the game or switching between characters, along with the other filler UI stuff.
I have never seen it.