EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 04-10-2010, 07:32 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Self cast problem.

I am very new to EQ2, so I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I assume that in the self window, where I see the icons for Cure buttons that I should be able to click those and cause spells to fire. However, when I click the buttons nothing seems to happen.

I am a paladin. So for example, with the 'Trauma' button, I want to assign it to cast 'Holy Aid II'. So I opened the interface and replaced the 'Cure' in the default line to: Holy Aid II. Thus it reads as follows:

useabilityonplayer MYSELF Holy Aid II

However, when I click that button, nothing happens. I have even tried just putting in a 'say' macro, but still nothing happens. When I click, I can hear a 'click' noise, but get nothing.

Am I totally misunderstanding the use of these buttons?
Unread 04-11-2010, 04:35 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhuiin View Post
I am very new to EQ2, so I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I assume that in the self window, where I see the icons for Cure buttons that I should be able to click those and cause spells to fire. However, when I click the buttons nothing seems to happen.

I am a paladin. So for example, with the 'Trauma' button, I want to assign it to cast 'Holy Aid II'. So I opened the interface and replaced the 'Cure' in the default line to: Holy Aid II. Thus it reads as follows:

useabilityonplayer MYSELF Holy Aid II

However, when I click that button, nothing happens. I have even tried just putting in a 'say' macro, but still nothing happens. When I click, I can hear a 'click' noise, but get nothing.

Am I totally misunderstanding the use of these buttons?
My click buttons have "Smart Cure" checks on them, which makes it so they only fire off when a debuff is found. I realized afterwards this made it hard to test when I created the in-game edit system.
Since then I've added a toggle to the "Smart Curing" in the group/raid window, but I haven't yet added it to the player window options.

So, in short. You're not doing anything wrong, and the first command you typed above would be correct.
An update to the player window allowing you to disable the smart check will be available on my next release.

-Drum
Unread 04-11-2010, 03:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Thank you, its good to know I'm not just doing it totally wrong.

Love the interface, I look forward to the next version!