EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 01-16-2006, 02:57 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Talking

My wife and I use this UI a lot and we both like it but I was wondering if it's just me not setting things up right but when I have effects that proc on me and fill up the maintained spells box once I go above the first line it micronizes to really really small buff icons I can't really make out is there a way for me to possibly reduce the original size slightly and make it a double row or something? I play in a 1280x1024 mode not sure if this matters.

Also I have my last bag which is like spread out in one big line while my other bags are in columns 4 across. How can I make that last bag appear like all the others?

A while ago you used to have a double set of hotbars where the single one is, below the target box. Is there a reason it was changed from two rows to one row?

Theese aint major bugs per se just changes I noticed and am sorry to say are hard for me to get used or that I don't like. I know somethings may be real complicated to fix and if they are no worries I will make do with what I have but it never hurts to ask
Unread 01-16-2006, 05:40 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

The maintained icons go min after 13 so they all will fit into the window. When they do go min they are as big to show two rows of icons to get all 30 into that one little area. I realize that once they do go min that it leaves room on the 1st row for a phew more, but it’s a trade if in a way, either only 13 icons or 30 small ones.

For change the lay out of any back change the window settings form show none, frame only or frame and title bar.

Two use the two hotbar under the target configuration you will have to do a little work, Just unlock the start button window, resize it to full height ( you may have to turn on frames and title bar to do this). Then right click on any hotbar and click on create a new bar or what ever its call. Once it is created you can drag it into position. I don’t recall changing the low resolution uisetting to not do this as I never play at this low of a resolution so I don’t know why it has been change. I’ll check into.
Unread 01-17-2006, 03:22 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

First... thanks for your good work Landiin
Thanks for including the Info-Center again.

At your last update at the vitality-info is a small mistake.
The percent-info has no dot... (At the moment I have 534% vitality )
Unread 01-17-2006, 10:24 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolffire
First... thanks for your good work Landiin
Thanks for including the Info-Center again.

At your last update at the vitality-info is a small mistake.
The percent-info has no dot... (At the moment I have 534% vitality )
You are most welcome

I'm just trying to get you all as much vit as possible :P

Thanks for pointing this out, I'll get if fixed in the next update
Unread 01-18-2006, 06:52 PM
A Brown Bear

Default crash to desktop

Hey love the UI. Best Ive played with in everygame, BUT for some reason after LU17 i now crash with this UI. It also seems to be mostly DoF zones but like clock work every 25 to 30 mins I would crash. At first i thought it was my video card heating up,since its slightly older. Also thought of a few other things it could be. After talking to many people, reloading this UI 3times, drivers for well everything I decided to start from square 1. I bought a new Vcard and reloaded windowsXP and SP2 with all updates for everything and even reloaded eq2 which the update only took 5 hours lol. I played the game with default ui and all was well (except for getting used to crappy UI). So I then decided time to reload eXui. All was good in my house, around town and a few zones. Did some solo writs in Lava, everfrost and then packed my bags for Sinking sands. 3 mins into Sinking Sands--- BAM ZAM DANG WAMM..back to desktop.

Any Ideas. I have to run 1280x 1024. because monitor cant go any higher. thats really the only other pieace of info i can give.

Doktrulok
Unread 01-18-2006, 08:05 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by doktrulok
Hey love the UI. Best Ive played with in everygame, BUT for some reason after LU17 i now crash with this UI. It also seems to be mostly DoF zones but like clock work every 25 to 30 mins I would crash. At first i thought it was my video card heating up,since its slightly older. Also thought of a few other things it could be. After talking to many people, reloading this UI 3times, drivers for well everything I decided to start from square 1. I bought a new Vcard and reloaded windowsXP and SP2 with all updates for everything and even reloaded eq2 which the update only took 5 hours lol. I played the game with default ui and all was well (except for getting used to crappy UI). So I then decided time to reload eXui. All was good in my house, around town and a few zones. Did some solo writs in Lava, everfrost and then packed my bags for Sinking sands. 3 mins into Sinking Sands--- BAM ZAM DANG WAMM..back to desktop.

Any Ideas. I have to run 1280x 1024. because monitor cant go any higher. that's really the only other pieace of info i can give.

Doktrulok
I am sorry you had to do through all that as I hate reinstalling windows and all but I do once a year because who knows what all my kids install on it. lol

Any way sadly eXtreme is a memory hog and will crash you if your computer starts choking. I am frantically working on moving all of eXtreme styles to replace SOE styles. At the time the UI has eXtreme styles and SOE styles.

I did it this way so if SOE added something it could all flow, but now have come to be leave its not worth the trade off. SOoo Hopefully by LU17 is out and they don't change to many things I'll have this all converted cut the memory use by more then half. Also doing it this way will allow you to just drop any any mode and it will be auto skinned with out having to do much of any thing. The hard part is matching extreme's widgets with SOE widget size. But I'm getting there.
Unread 01-20-2006, 09:35 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Crushbone
Unhappy Need some help and found misspelled word

Awsome UI. Thanks for the hard work.
Oh, BTW on the control panel, I do not know if this has already been pointed out. "Launch" is spelled "Lounch" in the optins tab of the EUI control panel.
Was having an issue with XP bar not staying up to date. Just went away?
And 1 question.
Where do I get info on how to place a guild logo in the cut screens?
The big red : GUILD LOGO in the middle is unbecoming.

Thanks again. Love the UI

Last edited by Omek : 01-23-2006 at 11:01 AM. Reason: More info
Unread 01-21-2006, 02:50 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Everfrost
Question Maintained Spell Bar

First off just like to say that I absolutey love this UI....have tried a few others but don't plan on changing from this one. I do have one question.

1) My maintained spell bar sometimes goes blank and I can't see the spells that are up, it still shows the concentration slots full just no icons show up. Usually when I leave game and log back in the problem is fixed. I just wanted to know is this an issue on my end a UI problem?

Thanks again for a great UI, I know you have to have you're hands full

Last edited by jholton66 : 01-21-2006 at 02:52 AM.
Unread 01-21-2006, 04:27 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by jholton66
First off just like to say that I absolutey love this UI....have tried a few others but don't plan on changing from this one. I do have one question.

1) My maintained spell bar sometimes goes blank and I can't see the spells that are up, it still shows the concentration slots full just no icons show up. Usually when I leave game and log back in the problem is fixed. I just wanted to know is this an issue on my end a UI problem?

Thanks again for a great UI, I know you have to have you're hands full

Hmm I havn't seen that one. The next time it happens can you take a screen shot and post it so I can get an idea of whats going on?
Unread 01-21-2006, 11:15 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Bio

I can't see or edit the bio window. I this something I did?
Unread 01-21-2006, 09:34 PM
A Mist Grinnin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Hey Landiin, I don't get to play EQ as much as I would like, but when I do I still use your UI. I was working on some more backgrounds for antoher add-on, but I'm having trouble, becuase I don't know what settings I need to use when I save the .dds file. If it's not too much trouble could you post a screen cap with the settings the way you save them for your backgroud file?

Keep up the excellent work.
Unread 01-21-2006, 11:39 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackgee
Hey Landiin, I don't get to play EQ as much as I would like, but when I do I still use your UI. I was working on some more backgrounds for antoher add-on, but I'm having trouble, becuase I don't know what settings I need to use when I save the .dds file. If it's not too much trouble could you post a screen cap with the settings the way you save them for your backgroud file?

Keep up the excellent work.
here is what I use for the backdrop as it don't create such a big file. ( hope thats what you was wanting )

If you want I can PM you the .psd template I use, that has a blank background.

Last edited by Landiin : 01-21-2006 at 11:49 PM.
Unread 01-23-2006, 11:02 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Crushbone
Default Re-post.

Not sure if ya missed my post or if i was just ignored. So I will re-post it

Oh, BTW on the control panel, I do not know if this has already been pointed out. "Launch" is spelled "Lounch" in the optins tab of the EUI control panel.
And 1 question.

Unread 01-23-2006, 12:50 PM
A Griffawn

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Originally Posted by jholton66
If I recall you can use the mouse wheel when you hover over the spell window. if you only have one row of buffs icon, it will appear to go blank.

Have you tried resizing it to make it show 2 row vs one row??

Disclaimer: I am at work and can not back any of these statements up atm.
Unread 01-23-2006, 03:26 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omek
Not sure if ya missed my post or if i was just ignored. So I will re-post it

And 1 question.

If I ever remember to correct the spelling when I am working on it, I will.

The last update should of fixed the XP bar from going away. Normaly relogging would of fixed it when it was broke.

In images there is a fill called guildlogo.psd its a paitshop file. Edit it create your own logo or you can make your own but it has to be saved in the .dds format and it has to be 1204x256.
Unread 01-24-2006, 05:51 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Overflow problem

I died and all my items broke, now it says overflow on the bottom left bar where spell prgoress is shown and in the inventory how do i unload my overflowed items back into my inventory.
Unread 01-24-2006, 10:23 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Default Backgrounds uploaded.

I submitted some more backgrounds. Below is a screen cap of them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	backgrounds.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	4506  
Unread 01-24-2006, 10:39 PM
A Griffawn

Default Re: Overflow Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by elminses
I died and all my items broke, now it says overflow on the bottom left bar where spell prgoress is shown and in the inventory how do i unload my overflowed items back into my inventory.
You need to make sure you have room in your inventory bags for the items in your overflow. You can move them 1 of 2 ways, either drag and drop it into you inventory or you can double-click the overflow item and it will go into an open slot in your inventory.

I'm guessing that since it's in your overflow, you have no room in your inventory for the items so you might have to clear out some of your inventory items 1st.
Unread 01-25-2006, 08:43 PM
A Coastal Crab

When will this awesome UI be updated to support more than one toon? ATM, it does not appear to work properly with my alts.

Please advise.

Thanks.
Unread 01-25-2006, 09:06 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Vox

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrismElixir
When will this awesome UI be updated to support more than one toon? ATM, it does not appear to work properly with my alts.

Please advise.

Thanks.
There is this neat little check box you can use during the installation that says "Use these setting with all characters" (or something like that).

Else there has been instructions on how to do that posted a few times in this thread.
Unread 01-26-2006, 09:33 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrismElixir

Please advise.

Thanks.
It works like any other UI. Copy the main chars uisettings.ini to the alts char uisettings.ini.
Unread 01-26-2006, 02:48 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Lucan DLere

Hello eXtremeUi users! I stumbled upon this UI this morning and promptly downloaded it. One problem I found. And yeppers the installer warned me about this. My problem is I have to run at 1024x768. No way around it =(. But the UI works and I like it alot. So I was wondering if any of you had any suggetions on how to rearange stuff to make it a lil less cluttered? I only use one chat window so that can go but what else? Ideas would be apreciated.

Oh and heres my one any only suggestion to the Ui author. Perhaps a minize button to totaly minmize the top half of the UI. You know click a button and all the top elements suck up into a strip across the top. Nice UI you have here. Bravo!
Unread 01-27-2006, 10:16 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hi there!

First (as almost everybody *G*): GREAT UI!!!

But one problem or maybe only a question:

i am just missing targets buffs.
using 1280x1024 resolution.

sometimes it seems they are popping up above the target-window. but vanish rather soon.
Unread 01-28-2006, 10:57 AM
A Coastal Crab

Unhappy Letterbox issue

Every time I enter the game, the widescreen letterbox resets to default and I have to remove it myself. Isn't there some way to make "No letterbox" the default?
Unread 01-28-2006, 12:13 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SstarkRaven
Every time I enter the game, the widescreen letterbox resets to default and I have to remove it myself. Isn't there some way to make "No letterbox" the default?
I had the same problem. First set the letterbox the way you want it. Then exit out of the game, and open up the eq.ini. Delete the line that sets the letterbox, save, then launch game. It should stay the way you put it from then on.