EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 01-11-2013, 06:36 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Prestige Spell Tick counter

I am having a hard time seeing in my effects window, my prestige spell with the counter text due its size (I try to keep it somewhat small and out of the way), but in the case of the prestige spell, I would like it out and more in my face. Another issue is it keeps moving around in the list. I use Profit as my mod, but others may wish something similar to what I am asking for here. I am sorry if something like this has already been discussed and I missed it in reviewing the forum.

Like to have:
  1. a window just for the prestige spell tick icon with number counter next to it if possible.
  2. Have the ability to auto determine the logged in class/prestige spell and max tick amount.
  3. Be able to set a set point for a UI flash. i.e. 175 for Frozen Rain which has a max of 180.
  4. When setpoint reached, icon or text is set to flashing.
  5. Have this new window resizable.
  6. If the icon and max tick count not able to automatically determined at logging in, then an ability to set this information would be fine.
Unread 01-15-2013, 01:38 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

Hmm, be careful about saying the "effects window". UI modding can do very little about that window.

I'm pretty sure you mean the maintained window, however.
Unread 01-15-2013, 01:50 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I was only using the effects as a reference to where the current ICON is, not that I wanted it modified. I would prefer a new window just for this feature...

Thanks for the reply.
Unread 01-15-2013, 04:24 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Innothule

why dont you use the spelltimer windows, for example

DrumsUI Spelltimer Window

?

does essentially exactly what you want, well...besides the flashing thing
Unread 01-15-2013, 12:32 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

The biggest problem is that the current increment count is in the dynamic data for the maintained window as /GameData.Maintained.Spell_#.StackCount. The # is a number 1-30 corresponding to each lit icon in the maintained window. And of course you don't know which icon your prestige ability's on at the moment, that depends on what other icons are lit at the moment and in what order (and it changes as procs trigger and abilities are used and expire). The prestige abilities don't have specific game data, and the scripting to check via the maintained window would be pretty hairy.
Unread 01-18-2013, 03:16 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecko View Post
I was only using the effects as a reference to where the current ICON is, not that I wanted it modified. I would prefer a new window just for this feature...

Thanks for the reply.
I'm not saying that the effects window is not modifiable. I'm saying that the game client shares no data about what the icons are. So we have no data to extract from it to put into another window.

If your prestige icon is in the effects window only, no UI mod can be made. If the prestige icon is in the maintained window, then it is possible. That is why I wanted you to be clear about it.
Unread 01-25-2013, 05:02 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQAditu View Post
I'm not saying that the effects window is not modifiable. I'm saying that the game client shares no data about what the icons are. So we have no data to extract from it to put into another window.

If your prestige icon is in the effects window only, no UI mod can be made. If the prestige icon is in the maintained window, then it is possible. That is why I wanted you to be clear about it.
OK I get it. It is too bad Sony did not break this out better. Does this information ever get logged? If so I could add an ACT trigger like I do for exploit weakness...for my ranger.

On another note - keep up the excellent work on these mods, we all appreciate your hard work in maintaining them when Sony changes things on you as well as in adding new features. CongoGrats to you all!
Unread 01-25-2013, 05:05 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus1028 View Post
why dont you use the spelltimer windows, for example

DrumsUI Spelltimer Window

?

does essentially exactly what you want, well...besides the flashing thing
I will check it out. Thank you!
Unread 02-27-2013, 12:00 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unrest

The ones you trigger yourself are in Maintained, which spell trackers do ok at.
The ones from other people are in the spell effects window, which it IS possible to get information out of, but you can not get the stack count out of it. What you can do is duplicate the icon in to another location with another size, showing only that one. I have scripted some UI code capable of getting the info, but I have not implemented the optimizations needed to make it practical, or created a way to make the information available yet. Also, at a 45 effect limit, you're almost never going to see the one you want.