Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 01-22-2009, 11:33 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone
Send a message via AIM to nluerdarea
Default Effects Window

I have had this issue for a while now and have been waiting to see if others report the issue. So far I have yet to see anyone else report it so here goes:

My effects window (not maintained) seems to be broken. I believe the issue occured when they increased the capacity, but I am not sure. I have reinstalled profitui and tried using a previous installations effects window with no success. The default window works fine, but I like the look of profit's. If it matters, I have the window inside of my letterbox frame, but I have always had it there with no issues. If you need screenshots, I can provide them, but it will just be a blank box. No icons (visible or invisible) are in the window, everywhere I mouse over it says "Spell Effects". Any help would be appreciated.

Again, I am sorry if this issue has been resolved before, I did a search and couldn't find it.
Unread 01-22-2009, 11:48 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Move your mouse over it and use the scroll wheel to see if you scrolled the icons out of sight.
Unread 01-22-2009, 11:53 AM
A Griffon

I should have mentioned that I did try that, I also made the window 1600X1200 and still nothing =P
Unread 01-22-2009, 12:09 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Hmm strange, that makes no sense at all, lol. In particular as you say tha the default window works. Except for the scrolling and less deadspace the ProfitUI window is practically identical to the default window, I even considered dropping the ProfitUI file and will probably still do that (I can just modify the default window during runtime, already doing that for the icon size anyway).

"Blank" or "black" window? And is the frame showing (might need to move it out of the letterbox if you have the option to hide frames in the letterbox area turned on)?
Unread 01-22-2009, 12:25 PM
A Griffon

Ok, not sure why this happened, but I figured out a remedy. I opened my profitui control center and changed the size from 24 to 25 and they popped back up, then I set it back to 24. I guess just the updating it made them reappear. lol. thanks anyways gm9 =P
Unread 01-22-2009, 12:59 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by nluerdarea View Post
Ok, not sure why this happened, but I figured out a remedy. I opened my profitui control center and changed the size from 24 to 25 and they popped back up, then I set it back to 24. I guess just the updating it made them reappear. lol. thanks anyways gm9 =P
Bah, and I did my best not to point to my red line until now because you've been around so I felt that would have been inappropriate. Your issue is that you either corrupted your _ProfitUI_MiscSettings.txt or, more likely, that it is missing entirely (possibly after doing a clean install via the updater but having the file on the ignore list).
Unread 01-22-2009, 01:38 PM
A Griffon

I have no files on ignore at the moment. I have done 3 reinstalls of profitui, restored a previous file all to no avail... and now it still won't save the settings. Any other suggestions? =P

ps your red line does not intimidate me =P I always try a true clean install be reinstalling the profitui updater and all.

Forget it, I figured out what my problem was. No, it is too embarassing to tell anyone, and too complicated for anyone else to do this on accident honestly =P This is what I get for tinkering around where I don't belong =X

Last edited by nluerdarea : 01-22-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Unread 01-22-2009, 02:33 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by nluerdarea View Post
Forget it, I figured out what my problem was. No, it is too embarassing to tell anyone, and too complicated for anyone else to do this on accident honestly =P This is what I get for tinkering around where I don't belong =X
lol, kk